Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dave diggler
Sep 21, 2004
I am planning a trip to South America for approximatley 8 weeks starting in Januray 2010. Most of my time will be spent in Buenos Aires, Chilie, and Salvidor for Carnival.

I'm after some info on peoples experiences with Machu Picchu tours. I would like to do one that takes alot longer than the usual one day hike. Are there any that are like a week long?

Also if anyone can reccomend anywhere to stay in Salvidor around Carnival time. I will be travelling solo so a hostel would be perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dave diggler
Sep 21, 2004

MC Scrillz posted:

The nightlife is great, I could probably write a really long post about that if you'd like.

yes please that would be fantastic :)

dave diggler
Sep 21, 2004
Just booked all my flights to south america :) one section of my trip I will be in Columbia for around 3 weeks, visiting Bogota, Medellin and Cartegena for a week each. The plan is to take a bus between the three cities, starting in Bogota and finishing in Cartegena. Can you sort these busses out through your hostels? Or just track down some tourist information type thing?

Also Im after some advice as far as hostels go in these places. Im interested in staying at the party/social hostels that are close to it all.. When my mate went to Bogota he stayed at DN Hostel which he says was good but abit far from zona rosa, which is a good party spot. Lonley Planet suggests Platypus so at the moment its a toss up between the two. For Medellin Casa Kiwi looks the goods... anyone been there or have some suggestions? For Cartegena Im looking at staying at either Media Luna Art Hostel which was recommended on here, or somewhere from the LP guide...

Also if anyone knows any good places to get a tattoo done in Buenos Aires, Rio or in one of the abovementioned cities :)