Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ephraim
Nov 15, 2004
anal
I spent the month of November in Costa Rica and Medellin, Colombia. Colombia rules! I was half expecting to see guerillas all over the place, and all of my friends were telling me how I was going to get kidnapped, but it was awesome, I've never felt safer in a big city in my life, and I live in NYC. I'm planning a 6 week trip to South America again for June. I'd like to go to Peru for around 10 days, then a month in Colombia, renting a place in Medellin but heading south to Cali for a few days as well.

DustingDuvet: I have a question about Machu Picchu, I'd like to go there, but I'd be flying to Lima, and right now the airfare from NYC -> Lima -> Medellin -> NYC is $467, and a flight from Lima to Cuzco for a few days is $437. It doesn't seem like a one hour domestic flight should be so high, do the prices drop closer to the departure date? How much should I expect to pay to get from Lima to Cuzco? This would be the first week of June by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephraim
Nov 15, 2004
anal
gently caress Bogota! I want to visit Cali because its close to the Coffee growing area (Armenia, Pereira), and I heard that that area is a must-see.

I travel mostly with a friend of mine who is a professional photographer and he was going to Caucasia which is the murder capital of Colombia, but his home base was going to be Medellin so I decided to tag along and just stay in Medellin while he ventured into the jungle. Thanks for the heads up on Taca Peru, kayak.com wasn't giving me that option.

ephraim
Nov 15, 2004
anal
For some reason I have 0 interest in seeing Bogota. I haven't really heard many positive things about it. My top 3 in Colombia are Medellin, Cartagena & Cali, and thats based on what both locals and other tourists were telling me on my recent trip to Medellin. Armenia & Pereira too, but those are both short-stay destinations imo.

ephraim
Nov 15, 2004
anal
I'm headed to Machu Picchu the first week of June, I have a tour set up because even though I do speak Spanish, a tour seemed like the way to go for the #1 tourist destination in Peru... I'll be in Lima for a week after MP, I'll report back about how my tour went in case anybody else is interested, I booked it through the hostel I'll be staying at. The train from Cusco to MP is expensive, man.