Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theOctagon
Apr 22, 2005

I bet you are wondering what I call my penis... it's the
I am going to be in Peru for a while for the classic Machu Picchu trip and have a couple days to kill, and I’m thinking of doing a flyover of the Nazca lines. Does anyone have a recommendation for a tour company or anything I should know? I’m going from Lima and it’s expensive but I’m more concerned about the ~7 hours of driving so I’d probably fly from one of the closer airports to avoid going all the way south.

Or if it’s not really worth the time / effort I’d love any day trip recommendations from either Lima or Cusco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theOctagon
Apr 22, 2005

Thank you both for the insight. We decided to skip the oasis and the wildlife and just take a flight from Paracas with Nazca flights. I’ll report back with how it went after our trip, really looking forward to Peru.

theOctagon
Apr 22, 2005

Thanks, I realized it was the rainy off season but wasn’t really planning anything special until your comment prompted me to look into it more.

I already planned to book any day trips and such from inside the country so we can be flexible on days. I purposefully booked overnight outside of Machu Picchu so we will have two shots at a clear day. I read mornings are typically best.

theOctagon
Apr 22, 2005

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for NYE in Rio, specifically on Copacabana. We are going to be there this year and for months of one of the group members repeatedly assured me that we were all set. I was getting suspicious and pressed for info it turns out they were “waiting for a good deal” and have nothing. Obviously it’s way too late and we are screwed but I am trying to pull something together for my groups sake. I can’t decide if the beach stalls with tables I can book online are a scam or if I’m better off buying a cooler and just staking out a spot on the beach.

Here is the company I’m looking at online:

https://reveillonchoppbrahma.com.br/localizacao/