Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

Welcome to the ML gear trading thread! We have a ton of gear available ranging from midi controllers to stomp boxes. If you're looking for something, post a simple request, and if you're selling something, please accompany it with some photos.

I've got a '71 SG that I would consider trading due to me hating the thin necks on these older models. I'm pretty much open to anything right now (especially an old jazzmaster), so if you have something that you feel is similar in value, let me see it!

I'm also looking for a TS808, or the corresponding Maxon pedal. I've got a vintage (80s)CE2 chorus pedal as well as an original crybaby to trade.

edit: The SG has been sold, thanks!

pennywisdom fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste
  • Unlawful Carnal Gopher Knowledge
I remember that guitar. Someone took a sander to the horns, right?

Have you considered the Digitech Bad Monkey BTW? It's getting really good reviews as a Tubescreamer replacement with a better tonestack. It's only $40 too.

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

Yeah, somewhere along the line someone decided it was a good idea.

I will definitely check out that pedal. I instinctively stay away from digitech pedals for some reason.

Darth Fungus
Mar 12, 2007
Sausage Smoker
What is that second little switch next to the pickup selector?

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

There is a DiMarzio Dual Sound in the bridge, and that switch just switches from series-parallel or single-coil operation. There is a DiMarzio PAF in the neck if you're wondering as well.

Unclean
Jun 28, 2002
So this thread is for general gear trades, or just for your guitar? Don't wanna poo poo up your thread man :)

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

Nope, not just for me. Post up whatever you want!

Shartjorts
Mar 17, 2007

by Fistgrrl
I'll trade you an 808 reissue and a Boss FZ-2 for the SG. Does it have a case?

Darth Fungus
Mar 12, 2007
Sausage Smoker
Anyone got anything they'd trade for a Line 6 Spider III 15 watt in perfect condition?

Also have a banjo without a resonator, anyone got a cheap mandolin or ukulele?

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

screammachine posted:

I'll trade you an 808 reissue and a Boss FZ-2 for the SG. Does it have a case?

Sorry, I'm looking for more than a couple hundred bucks worth of pedals. I should probably clarify, I would want to trade the SG for another guitar, and the pedals for more pedals.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I've got a 1984 Roland G-707 in about as bad shape as that SG I'd be willing to trade. I also have the GR-700 synth unit in less-than-ideal condition. All of the synth functions on the guitar work, but some of the buttons on the floor unit don't do what they're supposed to.

The guitar needs a bit of TLC (one of the pots connected to the synth board in the guitar broke off, it works, but I don't even know what to replace it with, and it's missing the Tremolo arm) and the synth unit is beyond my repair capability as a guitar tech, though I've heard certain Roland repair centers can have it fixed.

It doesn't have the 24-pin connector cable, though. I sold it. I've refrained from selling the guitar and synth unit because of how much of a hassle it's going to be to ship and I'm lazy.

This is a basic picture of the setup (not mine, and minus the PG-200.)

Here's all the stuff I've got to trade if it interests you:
  • Roland G-707 (playable but not great condition)
  • Roland GR-700 (usable but lacks some functionaility)
  • Black Squier '51 w/ Seymour Duncan JB bridge. (9.5/10, perfectly set up, neck shim, intonated etc)
  • Old Candy Apple Red Jaguar HH body w/ original pickguard and pickups minus some of the electronics and the bridge components. (some dings and heavypick wear above the guard)
Edit: Whoa, hey you're in Calgary. I'm in Lethbridge. If you're interested in the trade I'll be driving up this thursday to see the Hives at Mac Hall and we can arrange a meeting. Or my girlfriend and I want a reason to go up there on a weekend to kill some time anyway. That beats the hell out of shipping.

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 15:12 on May 17, 2008

MrWeight
Dec 9, 2006

by Ozma
Lethbridge eh? Have you ever seen Outfighter play?

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

MrWeight posted:

Lethbridge eh? Have you ever seen Outfighter play?

Like at The Slice or Blarney Stone or something? Nope, haven't heard of them.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'll trade you my Maxon 808 and an Ibanez semi-hollowbody artcore. I don't know what kind of $$ worth of trade you're looking for. Are SGs any different than other humbucker guitars? I just posted a thread asking about the magic of the SG.

I've also got a ton of gear worth trading. Mostly tinier poo poo. I'll go track down pictures and post them.

Fender Champion 30 (SS amp from late 90s I think)
Ibanez Artcore xx83? (don't remember the detals).

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
is that CE-2 black label or green label?

Unclean
Jun 28, 2002
I have a Zakk Wylde crybaby and a Zakk MXR overdrive. Both are in pretty good shape. Im really looking for a decent baritone (Schechter celloblaster, fat chance though) or an Ibanez seven string with a fixed bridge. Id trade those and some cash for one, need one because my RG just wont stay in tune.

I do have a neck through Peavey Grind 4 string bass that had the neck repaired, I think it feels and plays the same as before it got broken. It has a hardshell case. I kind of don't want to get rid of it but I really need a guitar that can play in low tunings, have several others that just don't really do it well.

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

Handen posted:

Quite the offer, but I think I'll have to pass. You just have the body for that Jag?

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

dancehall posted:

is that CE-2 black label or green label?

Black label, made in Japan.

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

magnificent7 posted:

I'll trade you my Maxon 808 and an Ibanez semi-hollowbody artcore. I don't know what kind of $$ worth of trade you're looking for. Are SGs any different than other humbucker guitars? I just posted a thread asking about the magic of the SG.

I've also got a ton of gear worth trading. Mostly tinier poo poo. I'll go track down pictures and post them.

Fender Champion 30 (SS amp from late 90s I think)
Ibanez Artcore xx83? (don't remember the detals).

Definately interested in that 808, do you have any photos of it?

Freshwater Louie
Jun 22, 2004

fffffffff
I have a '90/91 Mesa Boogie Mark IV (version A, for those who know and/or care) and/or a Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 that I'm willing to part with. The Mark IV has a new footswitch, and the cabinet is only a year old. The cabinet would be perfect except for a tear in the grill where I let a piece of metal fall into it. The speaker's fine, though. :doh:

I'm located in Canada and would prefer to trade there, but I guess continental U.S. would be fine as long as you're willing to deal with shipping costs.

I'm looking for a nice jazz box of equal value, if anyone has one...

EDIT: I also have a 2005 Ibanez SZ2020FM. Pictures available on request.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

pennywisdom posted:

Quite the offer, but I think I'll have to pass. You just have the body for that Jag?

Yup, with the electronics. Possibly the bridge and stop-tail, too, if I can find a correctly sized replacement for the project I'm working on.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

pennywisdom posted:

Definately interested in that 808, do you have any photos of it?
Green. Three knobs. It's fly. Great pedal. I also have a Fender Blender fuzz box. Used a lot on Smashing Pumpkins records.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Steiler Drep
Nov 30, 2004
what?

pennywisdom posted:

I couldn't find the old thread, so I'm just going to start this up again.

I've got a '71 SG that I would consider trading due to me hating the thin necks on these older models. I'm pretty much open to anything right now (especially an old jazzmaster), so if you have something that you feel is similar in value, let me see it!

I'm also looking for a TS808, or the corresponding Maxon pedal. I've got a vintage (80s)CE2 chorus pedal as well as an original crybaby to trade.

I'll trade you that SG for an Ibanez RG470 with SD Jazz, JB, and mini '59, strap lock, and coil tap

I'd also like to ask if that tailpiece can be switched for the traditional Gibson/Epiphone tune-o-matic+stopbar combo, or it's too hard to do.

Edit: ah crap, you live in Canada. I'm going up to Boston by the end of June for about 20 days. If a transaction were to happen, I'm guessing shipping?

Steiler Drep fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 19, 2008

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

magnificent7 posted:

Green. Three knobs. It's fly. Great pedal. I also have a Fender Blender fuzz box. Used a lot on Smashing Pumpkins records.

Is this run on battery power only? Would you be interested in a pedal(s) to pedal trade?

Danelectro Fab Tone (w/adapter)
Danelectro Wasabi Overdrive
Original Cry Baby
Boss DD-3
Boss CE-2

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

Steiler Drep posted:

I'll trade you that SG for an Ibanez RG470 with SD Jazz, JB, and mini '59, strap lock, and coil tap

I'd also like to ask if that tailpiece can be switched for the traditional Gibson/Epiphone tune-o-matic+stopbar combo, or it's too hard to do.

Edit: ah crap, you live in Canada. I'm going up to Boston by the end of June for about 20 days. If a transaction were to happen, I'm guessing shipping?

Floyd Rose :arghfist:

Steiler Drep
Nov 30, 2004
what?

pennywisdom posted:

Floyd Rose :arghfist:

Agh haha right there with you.

If anyone else is interested in this Ibanez, I'm up for a trade for just about any guitar. I'm looking for SGs and Les Pauls mostly.

Edit: How much would you sell the SG for? Just wondering

Steiler Drep fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 19, 2008

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

Steiler Drep posted:

Agh haha right there with you.

If anyone else is interested in this Ibanez, I'm up for a trade for just about any guitar. I'm looking for SGs and Les Pauls mostly.

Squire? :laugh:

dizzywhip
Dec 23, 2005

dizzywhip fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 9, 2020

chrisnorton
Jul 27, 2004

I have a Digitech Grunge distortion pedal I don't need anymore.

Looking to trade that for pedals, really any kind, just not a distortion pedal and not a chorus pedal. I really like Danelectro if someone has a pedal they'd like to get rid of.

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

chrisnorton posted:

I have a Digitech Grunge distortion pedal I don't need anymore.

Looking to trade that for pedals, really any kind, just not a distortion pedal and not a chorus pedal. I really like Danelectro if someone has a pedal they'd like to get rid of.

Do you have anything else other than the grunge pedal you want to get rid of?

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

Steiler Drep posted:

Honestly I have no idea, its pretty banged up, but I dont think I would just sell it for the money.

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Hi. Did you order the Mongolian… Beef?
<s>Fender Mustang '69 Reissue in Olympic White (sun faded into a vintage white) with a Red Tortoishell pickguard. CIJ in 1997-98. Comes with a non-branded hardshell case, whammy bar, Dunlop straplocks (I'll give you the ends). A couple of dings, but otherwise flawless.

If it's a trade, then MIJ/CIJ Telecasters or Stratocasters would be a big plus.

EDIT: Oh hey, I'll post a couple of pedals, too.</s>

Gone

Susano-maku da! fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 23, 2008

chrisnorton
Jul 27, 2004

pennywisdom posted:

Do you have anything else other than the grunge pedal you want to get rid of?
Not at the moment. Just got a new distortion pedal and see no need for this one.

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

Trading thread!

I have an Ortofon DJ cart+stylus (The blue one), and would like to trade it for a Shure M-447 cart+stylus.

Ben and Stew
Mar 31, 2006

Woah!
I have an Mbox 2 with Pro Tools 7.4 that I was going to sell but if anyone has anything cool then I'd be willing to trade. Also, I have a Behringer Eurorack 16-ch Mixer that is in decent condition but it suffers from the typical Behringer fault, lovely sound quality. Finally, I have a slightly damaged Akai MPK 49 MIDI controller that has one broken key and the velocity doesn't work (ie it only hits notes at 127) that I'd love to get rid of. Pics to come later.

Shartjorts
Mar 17, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Its not gear exactly but I have a Gigabit Apple G4 with two 20 gig HDs, 7xxMB, dual 450 processors and some overpriced wifi card that one of you might want to use for.... whatever.

I'm up for trades or trades plus cash. Looking for anything boutique or interesting, guitars, pedals, whatever.

Col.Kiwi
Dec 28, 2004
And the grave digger puts on the forceps...
I have a mint condition Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB bridge pickup, will trade for another humbucker. Would prefer a neck humbucker but whatever

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I have a Korg EMX-1 I would love to trade for any other synth out there, hopefully one with a keyboard.

Dragon Eye Morrison
May 6, 2007

Boston's "More Than A Feeling" is the world's greatest song
I have a Rio Grande 2-conductor Texas & BBQ matched humbucker set with toasted nickel covers (as pictured. Link to the set is here). They have been installed previously, but will come in the original box with all the proper mounting screws and springs. I have trimmed the leads slightly but I always trim my pickup leads so that there is substantial excess; this was installed in a Les Paul, and there is about three inches more than needed for a wiring setup like that. These are pretty high-grade pickups. Check out the website. These particular pickups are loving amazing for blues and rock (this is the pickup set used by Superjoint Ritual, Bighead Todd, Dave Grohl, and a bunch of others). Pretty much the best pickups you can find as far as power without going into "distortion pickup" territory.

Looking for an 81/85 EMG set or cash ($150 + shipping) or something I don't know I want (I'll consider offers). If they don't sell within a week or so here, I'll probably put 'em on eBay.

Dragon Eye Morrison fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 19, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoorPeteBest
Oct 13, 2005

We're not hitchhiking anymore! We're riding!
I have an Artcore AS83:

I'm looking for an SG, maybe a Gibson Faded or G-400 (G-400 Custom would be kickn' rad).

Alternatively, I'm looking for something with P-90's.