Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Crunch
Nov 26, 2005

by Peatpot

Agreed posted:

Anything in particular you're interested in? I might want to take the MG100DFX off your hands, I've heard some positive words from a fellow SS Marshall fan that they can sound awesome with the right speakers and some time spent tweaking. Plus I need a practice amp.

the only thing you posted so far that i really liked was the peavey windsor head and I'm not sure if the values match up. I guess I'd take that or if you've got anything else you haven't posted I'd take a look. I'll take cash too if nothing else.

Edit: i just checked prices, the windsor is listed at 70 bucks less than the marshall, so could i trade you for the windsor and the wasabi pedal or did you already unload them?

Admiral Crunch fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jul 17, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

PM me with an asking price and I'll see what I can come up with for an offer. I don't really want to trade the Windsor head for an amp I'm going to be using as a "beater," because the Windsor is a drat solid go-to piece of hardware that makes anything you plug into it really, really loud... and it's still on month 6 of a 5-year warranty. But I do have other things, and I am interested, so if you can give me a ballpark of what you think it's worth I'll see what I can do.

Just Chompin'
Apr 17, 2004

1% Pure
I've got an Eden Navigator pre-amp that I'm looking to get rid of. It's in pretty good condition with some scratches on the top. Comes with its own control pedal. Looking for any basses or bass gear.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Agreed posted:

Anything in particular you're interested in? I might want to take the MG100DFX off your hands, I've heard some positive words from a fellow SS Marshall fan that they can sound awesome with the right speakers and some time spent tweaking. Plus I need a practice amp.

No offense to admiral crunch, but that amp, and MGs in general, is terrible and I can't imagine how much of it you would have to change and tweak to get a decent sound out of it.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Stux posted:

No offense to admiral crunch, but that amp, and MGs in general, is terrible and I can't imagine how much of it you would have to change and tweak to get a decent sound out of it.

That's been my experience in the past, but a person I respect has recently told me that the higher-power MGs suffer primarily from a poor speaker and, when their crappy speaker is replaced, show their heritage from the older Marshall SS amps (specifically from the 8200-era Valvestates). I won't be giving anything for it that I can't live without. I am a fan of SS amplification technology, as you might remember from previous discussions, and Marshall has made some good stuff in the past. I have a feeling that there are good high-gain tones in this amplifier that need coaxing and attention to get out, and I've got the tools and the know-how to work with it and see what I can do.

Plus, it's going to be a beater that I can lug around in the back of my car, something I am sorely lacking right now given that I have, right now, a Randall RG120PH (late 1970s Randall SS 1x15 closed back combo in nearly mint condition), a THD Univalve, and a Peavey Windsor. The Randall will not be put in danger; the THD is an incredible amp but it is for recording and jamming at the house only; the Windsor is hooked up to an oversized Trace Elliot 4x12 and between the two of them, trying to move that setup... I'm pretty sure my 4 lumbar herniated discs would just go ahead and explode through my spine completely.

I need an amp that I can move without fear of becoming bedridden, that is durable and generally trouble-free, and that sounds good enough for me to be inspired. I trust my tools, my ear, and my tone sensibilities to ensure the third condition, and the first and second are just characteristics of the amp (though I'll have to put casters on).

It's not finalized, we're still in talks, but I'm not necessarily turned off of the purchase by its bad reputation. I quite like some gear that I've heard other people talk endless poo poo about (and sometimes, the same people like it too before I tell them it was used in the clip).

He'll be giving me some clips tomorrow, which will help me think about it further.

I do appreciate you looking out for me, though. I'll keep your advice in mind.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jul 17, 2008

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Agreed posted:

That's been my experience in the past, but a person I respect has recently told me that the higher-power MGs suffer primarily from a poor speaker and, when their crappy speaker is replaced, show their heritage from the older Marshall SS amps (specifically from the 8200-era Valvestates). I won't be giving anything for it that I can't live without. I am a fan of SS amplification technology, as you might remember from previous discussions, and Marshall has made some good stuff in the past. I have a feeling that there are good high-gain tones in this amplifier that need coaxing and attention to get out, and I've got the tools and the know-how to work with it and see what I can do.

Plus, it's going to be a beater that I can lug around in the back of my car, something I am sorely lacking right now given that I have, right now, a Randall RG120PH (late 1970s Randall SS 1x15 closed back combo in nearly mint condition), a THD Univalve, and a Peavey Windsor. The Randall will not be put in danger; the THD is an incredible amp but it is for recording and jamming at the house only; the Windsor is hooked up to an oversized Trace Elliot 4x12 and between the two of them, trying to move that setup... I'm pretty sure my 4 lumbar herniated discs would just go ahead and explode through my spine completely.

I need an amp that I can move without fear of becoming bedridden, that is durable and generally trouble-free, and that sounds good enough for me to be inspired. I trust my tools, my ear, and my tone sensibilities to ensure the third condition, and the first and second are just characteristics of the amp (though I'll have to put casters on).

It's not finalized, we're still in talks, but I'm not necessarily turned off of the purchase by its bad reputation. I quite like some gear that I've heard other people talk endless poo poo about (and sometimes, the same people like it too before I tell them it was used in the clip).

He'll be giving me some clips tomorrow, which will help me think about it further.

I do appreciate you looking out for me, though. I'll keep your advice in mind.

That makes more sense then. Once you have changed the speaker and done any other tweaks to it, can you post clips and also a parts list or similar? My college has a couple of these amps in both the 100w and 50w flavour, and if they could be made drastically better from a speaker change then it would be awesome to know.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I'm always happy to post gear clips. If it all goes through, I'll definitely make some recordings along the way. While trying to figure out if I definitely do or don't want it (and he is being quite amenable in that regard, answering even the silliest question I have about the amp), I'm also trying to figure out what speaker would be most appropriate. I'm pretty sure it's a 1x12, though I haven't heard back on that just yet, so it'll have to be pretty hefty, whatever it is. Maybe an Emminence Swamp Thang, they have a good tone for higher gain stuff and they're built to withstand a lot of power. I've got a lot of thinking to do on it, that's for sure, but like I said, I do appreciate you having my back on it - if I hadn't known what I was getting into (on purpose :)), it would have helped me avoid a possible mistake.

VISMAL
Aug 30, 2006
I have an Alesis Multimix 8 Firewire Mixer This thing is great but I am in need of more channels.

I am looking to trade for recording equipment mainly. I need some mics, I really want a Motu analog to digital converter and i need some monitors. I also play Drums and a little Giutar and Keyboards . So as you can see I am open to a lot of trades.

E-mail me at Josesexton2@gmail.com if anyone has anything to offer or some questions. If we figure anything out we will post in this thread so its legit.

If anyone wants to look up the mixer the link is http://www.alesis.com/multimix8firewire

Houston Rockets
Apr 15, 2006

I have a Keystation 61es up for grabs. Will trade for almost anything, though I would prefer some sort of instrument. I can throw in some cash too if necessary.

ONE- TWO- TESTING
Nov 4, 2006

by Fragmaster
I've decided to let my cherry Gibson ES135 go. I've advertised it for sale but would also swap for a Les Paul classic or maybe Les Paul Standard faded.

I'm in the UK.

Satchmo
Nov 3, 2005
!?
Up for trade I have a V-Amp 2, with it's 'gig bag' case, all cords, footswitch, and manual, in like new condition.

Also a Dunlop 535Q wah pedal, very gently used. Original Dunlop power cord included.

Can't really think of anything specific I'd be interested in trading for... I'f you're at all interested just throw something out there. Perhaps a good chromatic tuner?

I can post pics if you'd like them.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

I've got a pair of Alesis monitors in mostly functional condition (see below). They are the M1 Active mk II's. I think they're about the best in the <$300 range...very suitable for someone's first pair of pro monitors; definitely a great upgrade from headphones or computer speakers.

They're in good cosmetic shape. They're at my parents' place at the moment, but if someone's seriously interested, I can get an actual photo.

OK, so here's what sucks about 'em. There's some issue (a common issue with this model, in fact) where they'll work fine most of the time, but sometimes when you turn them off, and try to turn them right back on, they don't power on and the lights just blink. If this happens, you have to leave them unplugged for about a day before you can use them again. They were just out of warranty when this happened, and Alesis assured us that it was unfixable outside of sending it to them and having them install a completely new power amp for $100. However, it's not an issue if you're the kind of guy who just leaves speakers powered on all the time.

This pair of speakers retails new for $300, and Ebays for around $250 but since mine are somewhat defective, but mostly functional, I was thinking of trying to get like $120-$150 for them.

However, more than cash, I'd actually be interested in trading for someone's cheapo bass. I'm not too particular about it; it could even be some $60 pawn shop bass, as long as it plays correctly and doesn't have weird rattles or intonation problems. I had actually been considering trying to find a secondhand P-bass on the cheap somewhere.

Just Chompin'
Apr 17, 2004

1% Pure
I'm tempted to take those Alesis Monitors. I have a Peavey P bass that I'd be willing to trade.

Edit: The bass plays well other then some fret buzz and the fact that it's a tenor bass right now. The truss rod just needs to be adjusted.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Just Chompin' posted:

I'm tempted to take those Alesis Monitors. I have a Peavey P bass that I'd be willing to trade.

Edit: The bass plays well other then some fret buzz and the fact that it's a tenor bass right now. The truss rod just needs to be adjusted.

I know fairly little about the detailed workings of basses (being that I'm mainly a violinist who sometimes plays keys and drums). I've seen this truss rod thing mentioned before. What is it, and is it difficult to adjust? Like, could I possibly get you to do it for me? Or is it the kind of thing I need to go ask someone at the Guitar Center to do for a nominal fee? And, once it's adjusted, it'll play like a normal electric bass?

Just Chompin'
Apr 17, 2004

1% Pure

Justus posted:

I know fairly little about the detailed workings of basses (being that I'm mainly a violinist who sometimes plays keys and drums). I've seen this truss rod thing mentioned before. What is it, and is it difficult to adjust? Like, could I possibly get you to do it for me? Or is it the kind of thing I need to go ask someone at the Guitar Center to do for a nominal fee? And, once it's adjusted, it'll play like a normal electric bass?

A truss rod is a guitar part used to stabilize and adjust the lengthwise foward curvature (also called relief), of the neck. You shouldn't do it your first time because if you break it you're dead in the water. I can do it for you no problem.

It will play like a normal bass other than the fact that it is set up as a tenor, which means it's tuned A-D-G-C instead of E-A-D-G.

Edit: I just remembered that the guy I traded for it told me there is an input problem where it can cut out randomly, but I should be able to fix that too.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Well, to be honest, I was really looking for just a regular bass I could learn regular parts on, and learn standard fingering and all that. There's no way to set it back up for regular tuning?

Just Chompin'
Apr 17, 2004

1% Pure
Yeah, a new set of strings. That's it. I might have a new E string in storage which I could throw on there.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Oh, I see, so I'd just need to go get a new set of strings then. Alright then. Let me know if you definitely want the monitors.

Just Chompin'
Apr 17, 2004

1% Pure
I definitely do.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Ugh, I really feel like an rear end in a top hat doing this, if I got your hopes up, but someone local's offering to trade an Ibanez for the monitors, and I would tend to give preference to a local transaction. It figures, too. Those monitors have been rotting away in a closet for about 2 years while I tried off and on to trade them locally.

We'll see if the deal works out or not. I'm still definitely interested if I get a bad vibe from this guy.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I've got two Squier '51s I no longer need. One's blonde w/ a Fender USA Strat neck pup and stock bridge HB, the other is Black and stock. In Lethbridge AB, want ~$160 blonde, $140 black or trade for something like an M-Audio Axiom 25.

The blonde 51 on the right...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Hey, I'm looking for an Electro-Harmonix POG if someone's got one kicking around. I'll trade (less preferred) or pay (more preferred).

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

My Zoom G9.2tt is back up for offer, for a very limited time. I would be willing to trade this for a Marshall MG100HDFX or MG100DFX specifically, but any guitar-related offer is considered until the putting-it-on-ebay deadline.

Same goes for my Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah, original packaging, all original papers (including the free subscription to the George Lynch online guitar dojo). Flawless shape, including the autograph.

Also considering offers for my Peavey Windsor Head and, if there are any Central Arkansas locals, my Trace Elliot oversized 4x12 with two English V30s and two American Vet30s, switchable stereo operation at 8ohm/8ohm or mono at 16ohm/4ohm - shipping is just more trouble than its worth for a cab, though, usually over $100. Still, if you want to pay it, I'll ship, I guess. It still isn't a very good idea - places like MF can sell you a new cab for just a bit more than I can ship this one...

If anyone is interested, let me know as quickly as you can, please, because after two months of deal insecurity limbo (not just here, but on HC as well - even established sellers can engage in some bizarre behavior, apparently!) I'm almost forum deal'd out. I crave the sweet succor of an authoritative third party in arbitrating disputes and securing a contract :q:

Agreed fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 19, 2008

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste
  • Unlawful Carnal Gopher Knowledge

Handen posted:

I've got two Squier '51s I no longer need. One's blonde w/ a Fender USA Strat neck pup and stock bridge HB, the other is Black and stock. In Lethbridge AB, want ~$160 blonde, $140 black or trade for something like an M-Audio Axiom 25.

The blonde 51 on the right...

What is up with people shooting their Teles? :psyduck:

Prof Eli ASSBLASTER
May 30, 2007

by Fragmaster

Zakalwe posted:

What is up with people shooting their Teles? :psyduck:

Yeah, at first I misread his post and thought he was selling that tele for $160. I got really exited :(

oredun
Apr 12, 2007
i have a grey bass pod XT and a digitech rp 300 for trades for just about anything. i just got the pod and i havnt decided if i want to keep tho i would love to trade it for something sweet. i really want to trade the digitech because it just has no use in my studio. so i dunno, if you want to trade something im interested in about everything.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

Prof Eli ASSBLASTER posted:

Yeah, at first I misread his post and thought he was selling that tele for $160. I got really exited :(

Wait what. I mean literally shooting their instruments, not some colloquial term meaning "selling cheap". He's got 3 .22 holes in it. Another guy on this forum has bullet holes in his. He then set the guitar on fire and stuck a lot of string bending gear on it.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Zakalwe posted:

Wait what. I mean literally shooting their instruments, not some colloquial term meaning "selling cheap". He's got 3 .22 holes in it. Another guy on this forum has bullet holes in his. He then set the guitar on fire and stuck a lot of string bending gear on it.

Speed holes, duh! They make you play faster :rolleyes:

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Zakalwe posted:

It's the same guitar. :sax:

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

:zombie:hiiitsss:zombie:

3toes posted:

Speed holes, duh! They make you play faster :rolleyes:

Hmm, maybe the old Livingston-axe could use some souping up.

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

Are you ready for an ORGAN SOLO?!
I have some good old 70's japanese lawsuit goodness I'm trying to get rid of because I need money. I strongly prefer to sell local because I don't really have cases for these to ship and I rather have people see them in person. But if after a week or so and no one's biting I'd be willing to ship for the right price. I'm north of Philly in the burbs, very close to the northeast section and also close to jersey goons across the river from Trenton area.

70's MIJ Tempo Gibson Hallow body knock off. Frets are in good condition. The pickups aren't much, but I ended up playing this way more unplugged since it's certainly loud enough. I've been meaning to upgrade the pickups but I just don't have money for it right now. The neck I would say is a bit thinner than a Gibson 60's slim taper; feels great.

70's MIJ Univox Les Paul Custom copy BODY. The electronics on this guitar have seen better days (obviously). I picked this up as a project and had to abandon ship because I didn't have time or money to put into it. Hopefully someone will give this baby some life. The neck is almost "ibanez" thin and is probably the fastest neck I've played. Upper frets are a bit worn. Someone go black beauty on this please :unsmith:

Edit: x-posted in SA-mart

Tiny Faye fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 21, 2008

Prof Eli ASSBLASTER
May 30, 2007

by Fragmaster

Zakalwe posted:

Oh, I thought you meant 'shooting' in the 'taking pictures of' sense. Had no idea that those holes were real, I assumed that they were stickers meant to look like bullet holes.

How much are you looking to get for the Tempo? I would give you an offer but I honestly have no idea what these things are worth.

Prof Eli ASSBLASTER fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jul 21, 2008

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Bought this guitar new in Feb. I'm looking to trade for a Gibson Les Paul or Firebird. I can throw cash in the deal as well if need be. This guitar sounds great, it's got a mahogany block in it so it sustains more like a les paul. Really easy to control the feedback, and the blue is a stunner. I'm just more of a Les Paul guy. Guitar has nickel dunlop straplocks installed and comes with hardshell.

No dings or anything that I see. The only flaw would be a binding booger under the 12th fret, and that happend at the factory. Only noticeable if you turn it over and look for it.

pic of the booger.

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

Are you ready for an ORGAN SOLO?!

Prof Eli ASSBLASTER posted:

How much are you looking to get for the Tempo? I would give you an offer but I honestly have no idea what these things are worth.

300 + shipping. Be willing to be flexible on the price for local though.

Steiler Drep
Nov 30, 2004
what?

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Bought this guitar new in Feb. I'm looking to trade for a Gibson Les Paul or Firebird. I can throw cash in the deal as well if need be. This guitar sounds great, it's got a mahogany block in it so it sustains more like a les paul. Really easy to control the feedback, and the blue is a stunner. I'm just more of a Les Paul guy. Guitar has nickel dunlop straplocks installed and comes with hardshell.

No dings or anything that I see. The only flaw would be a binding booger under the 12th fret, and that happend at the factory. Only noticeable if you turn it over and look for it.

pic of the booger.

Wait, what? You just bought that guitar! Not to be intervening, but...have you thought it over? That guitar is just too awesome to trade. If I were you, I'd probably have more money than me me already have, so I'd continue saving up for another one.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

the wizards beard posted:

It's the same guitar. :sax:

d'oh

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

3toes posted:

Does anyone have a Peavey T-40 bass for sale/trade?
Found one for you :love:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

scuz posted:

argh i need $400...

Descendent
Jul 8, 2003

One, Two, Three, Four!
HEY. Anyone interested in trading a pedal or two for a Catalinbread Teaser Stallion. My projects right now don't really have a need for its craziness, such as turning your guitar's volume knob into a pitch control for an oscillator.

http://www.catalinbread.com/TeaserStallion.html

P.S. I like octave and delay pedals

Descendent fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jul 22, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shartjorts
Mar 17, 2007

by Fistgrrl

scuz posted:

$400? Jeez, I remember when people used to use T-60s and T-40 to level tables. Fun basses if you have the back for it, though.