Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

Bazanga posted:

There was a game for the NES that had something to do with collecting blue orbs and you play as a space rabbit. I remember the gameplay being kinda like Metroid. That's about all I remember about it, but it was fun as hell when I was 7.

That's gotta be Bucky O'Hare.

The Shortest Hobbit posted:

Another game that I believe was on the PS1, you were in a mech-suit and you went around a dungeon like maze and it was scary.

BRAHMA Force, possibly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

Secret Ooze posted:

I can remember a game for the PS1 where you played a buff blue ninja guy. I only remember playing it on a demo disc, but cant remember the name of it for the life of me.

It was a top down/isometric action game where you fought other ninjas using a sword and ninja stars, maybe some kind of ninja-magic too, and in the demo I recall there being a sequence of trees that fell down while you tried to run through them

I believe that's Ninja: Shadow of Darkness.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

Runaway Five posted:

There is some game that I only can remember the opening part for. I believe it was an RPG for Super Nintendo. It was done with 2D Sprites like most RPG games were.

The game begins, and a character is in some sort of castle or dungeon. The place is on fire. You and a friend escape, and your friend uses a freeze spell to put out a blocking flame.

You escape the building and your friend mentions how his/her powers are weak so that is why he/she could only barely put out one flame.

That is all I remember. What game was this? I want to know.

I'm almost positive that's the original Breath of Fire you're thinking of.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

joecool37 posted:

I am looking for an arcade game I played some 15-16 years ago. It was a top down shooter in the very similar vein of Ikari Warriors in that it was top down and you could rotate your army/commando guy to fire in any direction as you moved. The difference (and the fun part, IMO) between this and Ikari was that this shooter was more free range, so you could move the screen left, right, up and down rather than just straight up. Another difference is that you could shoot a lot more stuff on screen, like cows and chickens and wrecked aircraft.

The only thing I remember about the name is that it included a calibur of a gun. It was something like .357 or .45 or something.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Sounds like Caliber .50 to me.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

Spud_Appleton posted:

Thank God for this thread! I've had a game stuck in the back of my mind for years now but can never think of it's name. So you start out as this small guy dressed in red (possibly a plumber?) or his brother who is dressed all in green. It is a platformer where you are searching for what I beleive is a Princess (possibly Princess Plum or some sort of fruit) Also I believe the was this red mushroom that made you grow larger.

I'm pretty sure you just made that one up man

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

hemoptysis posted:

Okay, I hope this didn't get mentioned already:

Some game for the Genesis. It was a sidescrolling platformer game where you basically just progressed through levels and collected rings (jewelry rings, not Sonic rings). Each ring represented an element, and depending on which ones you selected from a submenu you could have different kinds of attacks. There were I think 3 or 4 rings of each element. I remember the first level was some kind of forest with ruins in it, one of the levels was either underground, a desert, or in some kind of pyramid, and another of the levels was snowy/icy with a really HUGE monster in it at some point as a sub-boss.

This one is Jewel Master, I'm sure of it.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

Puistokemisti posted:

The game I'm missing was a platformer for Sega Genesis/Megadrive.
You controlled some kid, who with powerups could grow green bat wings for higher jumps and multiple mirror images of himself that lagged behind when you were running and spun around you if you pressed attack button.

First boss was some birdman, that you had to beat in Rock, Paper, Scissors, if you won that, you could try to hit him before he blocked and if you lost, you had to block before he hid you.
Another boss I remember was where you were trying to pump water into a balloon suspended above boss' girl until it burst. No platform or anything, just move right switch and beat those controller buttons as fast as you could.

I think this one is Marvel Land/Talmit's Adventure.

Team Steve posted:

When i was little I had a Play station and luckily for me there was a blockbusters close by so i could always rent games. I once rented this dragon slaying type game where I got stuck on the first dragon boss that was located on a circular platform but I gave up on it. It's been a long time so I may have gotten some things wrong.

And I think this one is Dragon Valor.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

rss feeder posted:

It was a handheld game, maybe Gameboy, and if so it couldn't have been later than Color.

It was kinda like Pokemon, except you had small action-figure sized robots which fought, and fighting was similar to a fighting game.

I think I saw it on TV or in a magazine or something.

This is probably Power Quest.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

Dracon Wolf posted:

Game for the Sega Genesis -- I seem to remember it taking place in something like an amusement park. It was a platformer and for some reason I THINK you could have clones of yourself that you could use as a weapon...I'm not quite sure. It was very "happy" and the colors I think were pastels (maybe). I loved that game but I completely forget the name of it now...

Haha, I know I answered this for someone earlier in the thread, but the game you're thinking of is Marvel Land.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

Aerobic Robot posted:

There was a driving arena combat game for the N64 which I used to play a LOT. I remember that you could use special powers depending on what vehicle you were driving, and that it was really gross and crude. What I really remembered was a vehicle that was a school bus, kids and all. When you used your special they would throw rocks or stink bombs out of the windows or some crazy poo poo like that. I really want to play this game again.

I'm thinking this is Vigilante 8.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

NattyBo posted:

Vauge as hell, I know, but I used to play the hell out of an SNES RPG set in (feudal?) Japan. Top down view, only play with one character as far as I can recall. The only thing that really sticks with me was that the character had "ninja" skills like summoning a tornado. Been driving me nuts, and I've scanned the wiki list of SNES games to no avail.

I'm in the US, if that narrows it down any...

Have you looked at Inindo: Way of the Ninja? That's the only SNES game that I can think of that fits the description.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

Captain Hilarious posted:

I'm looking for a gamecube game. You controlled several little toy robots against other toy robots, and when you won some of the opposing robots would join you. You fought in a sort of bedroom styled room. It had a 4 player mode where each player could take his collection along to use.

I don't even remember it being that good, it just annoys me that I can't remember the name of a game I owned so recently.

That's Gotcha Force, and it owns. It's actually one of the more rare and expensive Gamecube games at this point.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

DethklokworkOrange posted:

There was this game I had for the original Playstation. I don't remember very much about it, but for some reason I've been trying to remember the name. I THINK it was a fixed-path platformer game with a little more depth than a side-scroller. It had a very industrial feel to it. I think you had a robotic arm weapon (???) or something that you collected upgrades for. This has been driving me crazy.

Wild 9, maybe? It's a side-scroller, and you have this cool arm you can grab and slam stuff with.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

Dirty Job posted:

A game on (what I believe to be) the Sega Genesis. You played some kind of wizard, and you had different colored rings that gave you special powers. They were usually simple things, like shooting fireballs or wavy purple things. I remember having a ton of fun playing it, but it was so long ago and I can't remember the name.

I think I answered this for someone in another thread (or perhaps earlier in this one), but the game you're thinking of is Jewel Master. :)

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

Monkey vs. Banana posted:

There is a game from way back I'm trying to remember. I believe it was on the NES, although it could have been on the Genesis. I think it was NES though because I remember using the Advantage with it. Its almost an FPS but you play as a robot or something, you go and fight a single creature like a dragon or other robot and you can move behind cover (no back or forth movement was ever done I think, just side to side to get behind a wall)

In between each fight you could buy poo poo like new or more weapons from the shop, cannons, missiles, and other goods. i think if you hit the same spot on the enemy their limbs would break or fall off too. gently caress me if i can remember what this is though

I think this is Death Duel, for the Sega Genesis.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

eskimaux posted:

A First Person RPG (with a point and click interface) on the PC in the mid 90s.

Had sweet graphics for the time, and 5 CD-ROMs! Was called Dragon...something, or had dragon in the title. Can't remember much else (as i didn't get very far), but you could pick up a knife and stab your friend the blacksmith to death.
Thanks in advance!

I think this is Dragon Lore, try that one.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

Battle Hamster posted:

There was an old side-scrolling NES game I rented way back when. Your main weapon (maybe your only weapon) was a spear, but you could pick up these orbs that would improve your spear or let you do other things. I think the first level was in a mountainous terrain.

Any ideas?

Sounds like that might be Whomp 'em.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

frajaq posted:

Ok I think this is an obscure one, a PC game, RTS involving bugs, no resources, you started with a base with your color that automaticly created insects (one base created ant type units, another created spider type units,another scorpion type units etc), bases that belonged to no one stayed in grey and didn't create any units.

I don't remember if it had campaign, but it had missions, starting with simple ones (just you (some color) versus an enemy (different color) ) but then the missions start getting really hard with huge maps and various enemies of different colors.

Battle Bugs, maybe? There's actually an LP of it going on over here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3180998

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

Mein Glompf posted:

there was a game for the original playstation that was 3rd person and you followed behind the persons back, like in MDK, and the character was sprite based.. you were some sort of cannibal vampire or something? the main character was a woman and i think she had long silver hair and a thong and when you killed enemies, you would eat bits and pieces of them for health... im sure its a horrible game but for whatever reason i just want to remember what it was called.

Steel Harbinger. And yeah, it's pretty awful.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Dammit...so I can't remember the name of this indy game. I found out about it here on SA.

It was that creepy side-scrolling game where you played as the little star-shaped guy. The levels got creepier and creepier as you played, and the between-level messages kept getting weirder and more corrupted.

I distinctly remember the "red hands" that jumped up to kill you, and "Behind You!" at one of the loading screens.

Thanks!

fake edit: (Googling combinations of "indy", "red hand", "behind you!", and the likes isn't helping)

I think this is Eversion.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

Prachayoes posted:

2. You're a ninja kid with eagle as companion and boss fight is like a card game where first boss is another kid on a frog. I remember first level is on an island with some water rising-lowing gimmick and on third level you have to fly with your eagle.

I can't find it on Google with these information though.

Believe it or not, the game you're thinking of is the Japanese version of Yo Noid, Kamen no Ninja Hanamaru. It got slapped with a Domino's Pizza license in the US.

https://wi.somethingawful.com/12/1244e9986041a8f7ae160eea821c598a0681d02e.jpg

I'm almost positive that's it.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

Rianlee posted:

A side scrolling arcade game where you could ride a purple panther and go around killing monsters? It wasn't Golden Axe or He-Man, if that helps any.

I'm probably wrong on this one, but could it be Black Panther? You don't really ride a panther as much as you are one, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrivtInBqFg

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

jt6879 posted:

I have another one,

1. It was on the Sega Genesis, It was a topdown RPG, that was pretty much all dungeon crawling from what I can remeber. There was the regular combat, against regular RPG enemies. However there was a lot of puzzles involved, I remember the puzzles, I really don't have much else. If you don't know it then thats cool.

THanks for the help.

Sword of Vermillion or Fatal Labyrinth?

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

Razscs posted:

A friend of mine has been trying to figure out a game for awhile now so I figured I'd ask you guys. Though this description is not much to speak of. :colbert:
If anyone has any idea that would be great, if not then he will have to continue suffering.

This is Brave Fencer Musashi, and it came with the demo for FF8. It's actually a fantastic game.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

Liquid Penguins posted:

It was on the N64. I think it was a bullet hell shooter with branching paths. It took place in space and sadly I can't remember anything else about it. Anyone possibly know the name of this one?

Could it be Bangai-O or Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth?

Edit: Crap, beaten on Star Soldier...

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

One Space Jump posted:

I have a game I can't remember that has been bugging me for years. It was on the SNES (pretty sure). If I remember correctly, the game was a ninja-themed RPG, where the battles were side-scrolling action sequences where you walk around and punch the monsters. I believe there was a world map. It also supported 2-players. I can't remember much about it other than that.

This is Super Ninja Boy, I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

Pork Pro

Brace posted:

Played it on the original xbox I think, it was a game where you played as a guy with spikey hair kind of and he had this weapon which was like, a stick of wood with a curved blade on either end. I'm pretty sure the guys skin was blue. That's all I remember from this game, but it loving ruled.

Azurik: Rise of Perathia.

• Locked thread