Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suddenly cats
Nov 16, 2006

Cats do not abide by the laws of nature, alright? You don't know shit about cats.
Oh man. There was a CD my dad got us kids when we were younger, came with a bunch of game demos. One of my favorites was some sort of 3D pilot game where you flew a blocky ship slowly through a desert and destroyed poo poo. There were other ships and tanks trying to shoot you down, and you could find different weapons, like lasers and missiles.

One part I remember very clearly was a part where you flew through a giant Egyptian sphinx statue, shooting blocks and avoiding moving walls.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? I'd love to figure out what game it was so I can find out if it ever became free/abandonware.

edit for clarity: For the longest time I thought it was Descent, but none of the screenshots I find of Descent look the same. Similar style though, but you could have your ship in first-person or third-person views.

suddenly cats fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jun 11, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suddenly cats
Nov 16, 2006

Cats do not abide by the laws of nature, alright? You don't know shit about cats.

Social Animal posted:

There was this old Chinese warez cd back in the day (95 or 96 maybe?) that had this game where you rode around in futuristic motorcycles around a huge arena shooting other cycles. I remember the arena being huge with all sorts of obstacles and flips. The graphics were in 3d as well and I think it was playable online. Any ideas?

Sounds like DeathDrome to me. That was another of my favorite demo CD games.

Bieeardo posted:

I really want to say this is Fury3 or Hellbender, because I remember flying down tunnels and avoiding shifting walls and stuff, but I don't remember sphinxes.

After looking up Fury3 on Wikipedia, I can say it's the one. Thanks!

• Locked thread