Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
So, there's this goofy 2d platformer, I suspect it's german, where you play a single dude with a hut. You can drag various materials to the hut to make money, and with that money you can buy materials you can't find or tools. You can then use the materials and tools to build other buildings that do other things, minecarts to haul more materials in one trip, explosives to penetrate hard rock, and additional workers you can automate to do simple tasks... somehow... until you have a burgeoning two dimensional platformer town. Or, more realistically, you'll drop an explosive rock in the wrong place and destroy everything you've worked on. If you don't have a bomb to blow up your all-important resource hut with, don't worry, occasionally meteors fall from the sky just to gently caress with you.

I got a sort of Lemmings Meets Colonization vibe from it.

What the hell was it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

wb posted:

Clonk Rage?

Yes indeedy! I look forward to failing to accomplish anything at that once again!

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Zelmel posted:

I'm trying to remember an old windows game, around the release of Win98 I believe. It was a 3rd person shooter/action game and the big selling point was that you had a jet pack suit that you could fly around in. I think that it may have been about killing alien bugs or something, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

Any other details? Weapons, visuals, controls, mechanics? Jetpack+bugs isn't a lot to work with.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Waroduce posted:

Are there any games that are like oregon trail? but for adults?

I'm assuming you mean relatively simple gameplay, but with challenges thrown up at you to decide how to deal with?

King of Dragon Pass! You manage a clan of vikings look-alikes, and random events throw up questions and challenges for you to face. Your seven hand-picked nobles will serve as your ring and advise you, but your choices determine the fate of your clan, as well as make decisions about how you run your tula month to month. It is vastly more complex than Oregon Trail, though.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Real time strategy game, red robots fighting blue robots. More reinforcements constantly spawned out of factories you had to seize control of. The map was a series of zones with these factories in the middle of the... and if you sent foot robots to go attack a tank, they'd complain. I think there was a cigar chewing sergeant robot who gave you the missions?

All attempts to find this game's identity have been stymied by the Red vs. Blue series.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Yes indeedum! Thanks.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Trying to remember a PC puzzle game, few years back. Egyptian feel, you had an overview of a grid map that was mostly covered in fog of war. Revealing things charged your staff with scarab energy? Also you found cities which you had to conquor (maybe) with a resource of men, maybe you were gathering food. It was mentioned on the penny arcade frontpage years ago.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Indeed! Thank you.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
European simulation game, you're dumped on a mountain/island/plain as a little lemming like dude and get to harvest materials to build a base camp and dig elevator shafts and such. Delve down to get to ores, or more likely get caught on pixel wide irregularities in the stone. Oil Derricks, catapults, sharks. Sort of like Minecraft, only 2d and kind of bad.

Any ideas?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Danaru posted:

Sounds like Clonk. That game had so much potential.

Done in one, thanks.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
I was watching the trailer for Breach and Clear, and it reminded me of a similar turn based real time strategy game released a few years back. You'd program the moves for your team for the next ten seconds, but instead of generic soldiers, you'd command one of four factions, each with unique weapons, units, and mechanics. One was robots who had to set up little bases about the map, and the others were aliens and such.

It had an online mode full of people way better than me.

vvv: Correct! Thank you.

Mystic Mongol fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 7, 2015

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice
Post 2000 game, in which you are given a pixel art, tiled, two dimensional building, and a budget. You use this budget to spend on demolitions equipment and you try to do as clean and efficient a building demolition as possible. Complications included things like other buildings nearby that you can't hit with shrapnel or debris, and a budget that continues from job to job as you run a demolition company. PC game, I think it was European. Any idea?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

everythingWasBees posted:

It was a in-browser game like ten years or so, using what I think was Java. You built structures out of nodes and vertices, and you could have them contract and cause them to walk around and stuff.

Incredipede?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Baloogan posted:

I'm looking for an old videogame:

It was a 2D building demolition simulator where you would buy explosives and you could place them by clicking and then aim the charges by dragging. The graphics weren't great and the game was definitely downloaded/installed.

The graphics were worse than you remember, but you're looking for Operation Cleaner 2. You may recognize this game from five posts ago.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The "what's outside of the universe" question is one that both blows my mind and also frustrates me, because I'm pretty sure I'm never going to find out.

Nothing. Because if there was anything outside the universe, it would be inside the universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

al-azad posted:

What if there are multiple universes?

Then there would be one universe in sections separated by some mechanism other than distance.

• Locked thread