Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thello
Jan 14, 2007

Captain's Log...

Solarin posted:

I remember playing some adventure-type game in 5th grade that I have only the faintest memory of, but I'm curious if anyone else can tell me what it is from what I remember.

Basically I just remember that on the hardest difficulty of the game you had to obtain a can of cheeze whiz called 'Cheese Girl' I think, and use it to propel yourself from outer space to safety, or something like that. Does this ring any bells for anyone?
The Journeyman Project 2

You had to use it to get to the airlock or something, if I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thello
Jan 14, 2007

Captain's Log...

Phatzilla posted:

Game is about 10 years old, i played it as a kid

It was a plasticine world a la Abe's odyssey.
Abe's Oddysee is a plasticine world?

You're going to have to give at least some sort of gameplay description.

Thello
Jan 14, 2007

Captain's Log...

Diligent Deadite posted:

I remember playing a demo of a PS1 game set on a space station which was in danger of falling into the sun. It was a first person RPG and if you followed the dialogue tree correctly, you could make the NPCs make the most hilarious 'disappointed' face I've ever seen.

Anyone recall this one?
Sentient.

Huh. It almost looks like the movie Sunshine paid some weird homage to Sentient. Both ships are called Icarus and they both look similar.

Thello fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 16, 2008

Thello
Jan 14, 2007

Captain's Log...

Event Spire posted:

I just remembered a game I played as a kid with my brother. It was (I think) a point-and-click adventure, set on a damaged giant spaceship in the far future. I remember a REALLY awesome 3D cutscene involving the ship in the beginning. I know I was never being able to get past this one corridor that had a hull breach in it. Anyone have a clue what I'm talking about?
I haven't played either of them in a long, long time, but could this be either Sentient or Spaceship Warlock? Do you know what year you played it in?

Thello
Jan 14, 2007

Captain's Log...

FilthyWalrus posted:

A long time ago I played some kind of role-playing/adventure game, where you were set as a biker-badass sort of guy. You could click on objects and a menu would come up, giving you a set of actions, e.g. licking it, smelling it, listening to it etc. I only remember the very beginning, where you wound up in some random town without the keys to your motorcycle. You go into a bar and grab the bartenders nose ring and force him to give you your keys. After that you take off into the desert, do a wheelie, and then your front wheel pops off and you crash. I've been wondering about this forever, someone please know :ohdear:
Everyone's said this is already Full Throttle, but if you liked that, it's worth noting that it's a Tim Schafer game. Same guy who did Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, and the upcoming Brutal Legend. Great game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thello
Jan 14, 2007

Captain's Log...

MageMage posted:

I think it had something like "Ectoplasm"-ish type word in the title. I think it was exclusively for Sega Genesis. You are a ghost, who might be green, and every level you "haunt" residents of the house by possessing appliances. I think you leave green slime behind every time you do this.

I think the plot is, you died in the house, and every time some family moves in, you try to scare them out.
Haunting: Starring Polterguy

If you liked that, try Ghost Master. Brilliant little game and very reminiscent of Haunting.

• Locked thread