Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runaway Five
Dec 31, 2007
I hate gays almost as much as I hate good posting. Also, God is good. Amen
There is some game that I only can remember the opening part for. I believe it was an RPG for Super Nintendo. It was done with 2D Sprites like most RPG games were.

The game begins, and a character is in some sort of castle or dungeon. The place is on fire. You and a friend escape, and your friend uses a freeze spell to put out a blocking flame.

You escape the building and your friend mentions how his/her powers are weak so that is why he/she could only barely put out one flame.

That is all I remember. What game was this? I want to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runaway Five
Dec 31, 2007

Panic Restaurant posted:

I'm almost positive that's the original Breath of Fire you're thinking of.

WOW! Thank you so much.

I am happy now I know :D

Runaway Five
Dec 31, 2007
I remembered one more game. Watched my friend play it at his house. I think it was possibly on a CD (This was back when CD games were still new).

So, platform was a PC, CD game, probably early nineties.

You were a member of some "time travel protection" government thing. Your job was to travel through time if necessary and keep history correct. The game was serious, done with "realistic at the time" graphics.

You didn't move smoothly like you did in FPS. It had a first person view, but as you moved, the background would change/advance to a new background.

The game begins by you being scanned for a chip in your head as you enter some secret government building you are a part of. You can watch videos the "computer" in the game has which shows how history should have gone versus what went wrong. I remember one being a meteor either hitting or not hitting.

So, you go back in time to dinosaur times (where you can be killed or fall off a cliff) to retrieve a CD which is there because "it would be safe in the past if ever needed." It had history on it or something.

So, that's about all I remember.

A first person non-smooth moving time travel game with a CD you get in the past.

When you time traveled, you got a "wavy like effect" similar to Chrono Trigger.

Does this remind anyone of anything?

Runaway Five fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 14, 2008

Runaway Five
Dec 31, 2007

Haircut Insurance posted:

That makes me think of The Journeyman Project, but I don't remember travelling to the past in the one that I played. There were a couple of sequels though, so it might have been one of those.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Journeyman_Project

That is it! This thread is amazing :)

• Locked thread