Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Nevermind.

THE BAR fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Nov 23, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Bretzman posted:

I'm trying to remember a game I used to play a few years ago, I think for the Xbox or PS2. It was a fighting game where the characters fought in order to get on a reality TV show. I think it also had a bit of a redneck theme? It's entirely possible that this game doesn't actually exist, but any help would be appreciated.

Shot in the dark, was it Backyard Wrestling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfFkQ8tBKsw

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Counter Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes maybe?

Googling doesn't say anything about a drug lord named Jesus, but apparently there's a painting of Jesus and a drug lord named Moses?

The last level in Deleted Scenes takes place in a giant skyscraper.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I played some team-based military FPS years and years ago. I only played the single-player, the campaign was a series of objective-based missions, your usual stuff like hostage rescue, protecting a VIP. I remember the boss in the second level was a drug lord called Jesus, there was a really loving hard map set in a snowy military base, and the last map was a weirdly anticlimactic thing about rescuing a VIP in an underground subway station or something. I'm 99% sure it wasn't one of the well-known (or good) games like Rainbow 6 but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called. Help!!!

Was it Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix? That one has a drug dealer's mansion, a snow level and, a million tunnels I'm pretty sure, a subway level in it.

THE BAR fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 16, 2015

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Pogonodon posted:

PC, 90s or early 2000s, definitely 3d but that's about all I've got. It's really vague memories from articles I read years ago.

Edit: Not an MMO, singleplayer, multi may have been planned.

Could it be https://www.gog.com/game/requiem_avenging_angel ?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Top-down adventure game, where you're a ninja, on the Amiga 500 Commodore 64. I don't remember much from the game, except that it was really, really dark and blue, and it had this super distinct drawing of a blue ninja at the beginning. I recall it being obtuse and hard, possibly with a main antagonist showing up from time to time?

THE BAR fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Oct 6, 2016

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

Was the Ninja in the Last Ninja games blue? Can't remember and I never did play the Amiga 500 versions.

Oh, sorry, it wasn't the Amiga, but Commodore 64!

E:

And it wasn't Last Ninja, sadly.

EE:

You know what, it probably was. The gameplay doesn't strike me as what I'm remembering, but the intro seems to ring a bell.

The gameplay, as I remember it, was more like what you'd see in an RPG Maker title, visually. Also, I'm convinced that rain was involved.

THE BAR fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Oct 6, 2016

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

I would've guessed Convoy as well.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Resident Idiot posted:

Did it involve getting disrupted when you were injured? i'd been looking for the Apple // equivalent for a while, and found it a few years ago to lose it again - I'll have another hunt.

Edit: Moebius: The Orb of Celestial Harmony is the one I was thinking of, which had a C64 port.

It doesn't ring a bell, but I love the digitized guy at the start!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

THE BAR posted:

Top-down adventure game, where you're a ninja, on the Amiga 500 Commodore 64. I don't remember much from the game, except that it was really, really dark and blue, and it had this super distinct drawing of a blue ninja at the beginning. I recall it being obtuse and hard, possibly with a main antagonist showing up from time to time?

Found it. It was Saboteur, and not a top-down game at all! Thanks, people.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Boksi posted:

Nope, that has actual 3d graphics, not prerendered sprites.

You couldn't actually control your ships, but it sounds a bit like Fragile Allegiance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

Drakan: Order of the Flame perhaps? Although I don’t know how linear it was.

Most levels were these sprawling caverns or fields, with a single exit somewhere. So pretty linear.

• Locked thread