Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
So there's one game I've wanted to find again for a while now; I think I only played the demo version. It was a space strategy game, probably from the late nineties. I recall pre-rendered 3d graphics, real-time battles on a 2D plane and being able to equip ships with stuff(like lasers). More interestingly, you could colonize a wide variety of planets, including the standard jungle, desert, magma etc., but also brown dwarves. Each planet type produced a few kinds of resources, like jungle planets producing aluminum and gallium(I think) while brown dwarves and magma planets produced diamonds and suchlike. These resources could be bought and sold on some kind of market, and I think there must've been some multiplayer component too, possibly even being the main focus of the game, so it may well be depreciated by now.

The closest I've found to that game was Pax Imperia 2, but that game seems a fair bit more primitive than I remember, and doesn't have some of the features I remember being in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

ToxicFrog posted:

Imperium Galactica 2, maybe?

Nope, that has actual 3d graphics, not prerendered sprites.

• Locked thread