Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Maha posted:

An old PC game, I must have played it about 10 years ago, think it was abandonware. Pretty bad graphics, third-person, sort of top-down perspective; there was stealth, levers that activated... something, maybe flying platforms, and I think you started with a striped prison uniform and had to get rid of it. For a long time, I thought it was called "Relent", but searching for that gives me nothing. Any idea?

Relentless in the US, or Twinsen's Adventure in Europe. Amazing, amazing game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Kissing Dad posted:

First one, all I really remember is being up in space I think on a ship or a space station, and there was six floors to this place. There was a robot of some sort that went level to level looking for you while you did your thing(I don't know what). And you could set off alarms I believe that made him come after you.

This was asked rather recently, and sounds like Iron Helix

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
I'm gonna guess Iron Helix

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
You sure it's not actually called MicroMan?

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

roffels posted:

I'm trying to find a DOS-based title that I played back in 1991 or 1992 on the PC, and the game could have been quite older than that. It was a horror game sort of like Uninvited (I'm pretty sure it's not this game because the DOS version looks to have funky colors and used a mouse, I believe), had color graphics, and the controls were entirely text-based. I remember one of the screens had two creepy looking twin girls that turned into vampires if you hit them. Sound familiar at all? It was not from the Hugo series of games.

Pretty sure this is Last Half Of Darkness

Fantastic atmosphere for its time.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Phlegmish posted:

I think I remember playing this, or something very similar. Does a snake pop out and kill you if you open the wrong drawer in one of the rooms? That really scared me as a kid.

Yep, that's this game. There's also an uncovered coffin somewhere outside with something that kills you. There's really a lot of ways to die if you just look at the wrong thing.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Conquistador posted:

Ugh this is gonna be vague. I want to guess post quake pre HL1 first person combat game, sort of fantasy/medieval. Seem to remember a primary weapon being a 2 handed axe, and maybe it had "war" in the name? Could be misremembering but I want to say the box cover/cd art had a horned helm on it too.

What system? Sort of sounds like Rune, but that was post-HL1, came out in around 2000 I think.

Edit: Crud

Cidrick fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Sep 4, 2013

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Contingency Plan posted:

I remember as a boy renting an NES game, it was a side scrolling title where you pilot a mech and you could leave and re-enter the mech whenever you wanted to explore areas on foot which impressed me at the time. Any ideas what it could be?

Probably Blaster Master, unless by "Mech" you mean an actual big robot thing.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

And now, David Gray makes digital jigsaw puzzles :psyduck:

Photography by

David P Gray!

Programming by

David P Gray!

Mouse pointer by

David P Gray!

Old person smell by

David P Gray!

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Capsaicin posted:

I remember an old, late era NES game that was open world side scroller with private eye beat em up type aesthetics?

If it's not Nightshade I would guess Dick Tracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is me, but with Intelligent Cube for the PS1.

To this day I can't help but yell PEERRRRFECT! the way that Intelligent Qube did when you ace a stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wdDTgpE7iE

I'm a horrible dork

• Locked thread