Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pesty13480
Nov 13, 2002

Ask me about peasant etymology!
I'm thinking of a game I know very little about, other than I played it on an old Pentium 133 for a little while and the thing ran too slowly. I don't recall much about it, beyond starting in a castle of some sort in a third person kind of view and finding a sweet meat. And then leaving that place and entering in a bunch of fields, finding something that looked like a windmill, and then quitting.

I have no idea whatsoever what it is and the curiosity is driving me mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pesty13480
Nov 13, 2002

Ask me about peasant etymology!

sc0tty posted:

Ok I have two.

First was an old pc-game. It was set in medievil times, and there were two parts. There was this kingdom management part which was sort of like a top-down (almost like Medievil: Total War) view where you had to expand and manage your kingdom. Then there was the second part to the game, where you would get your knight and invade other castles to take them over. From memory it was almost like an 'Doom' sort of view and you would walk through the cooridors of the castles to the ultimate goal (which I don't remember what it was) to take over the castle. You would click to swing your axe or your sword or whatever weapon you had. I remember you could also compete in Jousting competitions and fight other knights in competition as an alternative way to expand. I think the ultimate goal was to take over London, but I never could.

Conqueror 1086

Don't get you hopes up though, I haven't found a way to run it in Windows XP. You could also win by slaying a dragon which you learn isn't so mythical.

Edit:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/conqueror-ad-1086

http://www2.worldvillage.com/wv/gamezone/html/reviews/conq.htm

pesty13480 fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jun 17, 2008

• Locked thread