Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gleng
Jun 23, 2004

48KB of Infinite Boobs

Zo posted:

There's this old PC adventure game from the 90s that I used to love as a kid but forgot.

You're a caveman, and the view is from the side. You can craft some basic stuff like a hatchet then go out and kill animals or other cavemen. I remember never getting too far despite trying my best, so I want to go back and kick the game's rear end now that I'm older.

Sounds like Sapiens but that was way earlier than the 90s.

EDIT: poo poo. They remade it in the 90s!

EDIT 2: I have one. It's a very early FPS on the PS1. It was set on Mars (I think). Some levels were inside a space station, and some were outside. One gun shot blue electric poo poo. It wasn't anything to do with Red Faction. That's all I've got. :(

Gleng fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jun 11, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gleng
Jun 23, 2004

48KB of Infinite Boobs

Mr_Person posted:

There's a chance that this one is PO'ed.

Nah. The game I'm thinking of had a serious plot.

Gleng
Jun 23, 2004

48KB of Infinite Boobs

Zo posted:

Whoa poo poo, that's it. But they're still charging 10 dollars for it :gonk:

Guess I'll play the shareware version! Which is probably what I played before anyways.

Cool. I had the Amstrad CPC version. God, was I crap at that game. I had absolutely no idea what I was supposed to do. I'd end up just walking around until I got eaten by a lion or some poo poo.

Gleng
Jun 23, 2004

48KB of Infinite Boobs

baka kaba posted:

I have one - there was this game for the Amiga or possibly Atari ST where you flew some kind of pointy-ish aircraft around an outdoor arena, trying to shoot down an enemy craft. It was in 3D with a landscape made of square tiles (but with a lot of topography, not just a flat space) and at the edge of the arena was a line of tiles to designate the boundary. It was presented like it was some kind of TV show, and the theme music was some famous classical piece - I'm tempted to say Beethoven's 5th, but I'm not sure. Maybe something like that.

Possibly ATF 2, or Airstrike USA if you're in the US?

Gleng
Jun 23, 2004

48KB of Infinite Boobs

alejandro posted:

Pretty sure its Disruptor, which I still have a copy of somewhere. Decent game actually, pretty tough too.

I'm 95% sure that you're right about that. I'll have to dig out some more screenshots to be 100% though. Cheers!

Furril posted:

Im trying to think of an old, old arcade game. 2D side scroller. You played one of 4 chracters.. (3 men or one woman) running through a futuristic setting, I dotn remember the names, I do remember one member fo the team being bald with a flame based weapon.

That's got to be Quartet.

Gleng
Jun 23, 2004

48KB of Infinite Boobs

MGDRAGOON posted:

It's been so long since I've seen this, like since I was 8 or so, but it was a cabinet back in the late 80s or early 90s that had three controllers that were like jet fighter joysticks that had three buttons each, one stick was red, one was blue and one was green, and you controlled one of three different things walking around a space station or something. It might've also had 3 screens, but maybe not. Sorry for being vague, it's been a really long time since I saw it and that may or may not be accurate.

Xenophobe

Gleng
Jun 23, 2004

48KB of Infinite Boobs

sc0tty posted:

Ok I have two.

First was an old pc-game. It was set in medievil times, and there were two parts. There was this kingdom management part which was sort of like a top-down (almost like Medievil: Total War) view where you had to expand and manage your kingdom. Then there was the second part to the game, where you would get your knight and invade other castles to take them over. From memory it was almost like an 'Doom' sort of view and you would walk through the cooridors of the castles to the ultimate goal (which I don't remember what it was) to take over the castle. You would click to swing your axe or your sword or whatever weapon you had. I remember you could also compete in Jousting competitions and fight other knights in competition as an alternative way to expand. I think the ultimate goal was to take over London, but I never could.

Until you mentioned the Doom point of view, I could swear you were talking about Defender of the Crown.

Gleng
Jun 23, 2004

48KB of Infinite Boobs

Midjack posted:

I think it was called "Air Combat" and I only ever saw it once. Maybe published by Sega?

Was the 3D arena, and the cabinet itself, mostly red and yellow? I think I've played this.

Gleng
Jun 23, 2004

48KB of Infinite Boobs

Midjack posted:

The cabinet was, I'm pretty sure. I think the arena was a city with a bunch of gray skyscrapers and brown and green land - but there may have been more than one arena. I only ever played it once.

Yeah, you're right. I'm pretty sure that I know the game you mean. I only played it once too. Oh balls. This is going to be like a thorn in my brain until I think of it. :(

Gleng
Jun 23, 2004

48KB of Infinite Boobs

pud posted:

This might not be right either and I haven't seen any vids of it so the perspective may be off, but Sega had another flight/combat game called Wing War that included a bunch of different jets and helicopters.

Holy poo poo! I think that's it!

(Well, the one I'm thinking of anyway.)

Gleng
Jun 23, 2004

48KB of Infinite Boobs

Tripplejol posted:

Right, I'm going to need the help of some hardened Amiga veterans to dredge this terror up from my early past.

Around the early 90s I vaguely remember playing the demo of some sort of Mayan looking tarot-card style puzzle game which I think had some kind of Sun & Moon theme running through it.

As a hardened Amiga veteran, I'd say this sounds like The Fool's Errand, but I could well be wrong.

Gleng
Jun 23, 2004

48KB of Infinite Boobs

Angrycel posted:

Askd this before and I dont think anyone answered it. There was a game on the sinclair spectrum where you were a guy in a spaceship and you had to get through doors and collect fuel, not sure why. I remember the spaceship being black floored and the guy you were was white. That is really vague I know but someone might have an idea.

JetPac, maybe?

Gleng
Jun 23, 2004

48KB of Infinite Boobs

DorianGravy posted:

I have two. First, a pretty old PC game, maybe around 1990 or so. It probably came installed on the computer by default. It was viewed from the side and you had a little spaceship you flew around in above the terrain and shoot enemies. The screen would pan to the left and right, but if you went too far to the left or right you would loop around to the other side. I'm not sure what the purpose of the game was, other than blowing the crap out of aliens, but I do remember there was a button you could press that would make you go into hyperspace, which had vertical lines whizzing by, and then you would randomly appear somewhere else on the map. Like most games from that era, I think most of the screen was black.

Sounds like Defender or Stargate, but 1990 seems a little late for those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gleng
Jun 23, 2004

48KB of Infinite Boobs

Metroixer posted:

When I was a young kid I remember playing this pac-man like game for the PC. It's not pacman world.

It was 3D, and it had like these tropical backgrounds. The camera angle was kinda weird, like, it was next to your pac-man like character. I can't really go into any more depth than that but it's been bugging me for years what game that was.

Pac-Mania, possibly?

• Locked thread