Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I am looking for an old DOS-game, I think late 80's or early 90's.
Top-down perspective. You played as a red guy, and I think you only started out with a knife. I remember that you could collect several different weapons. Finding two of the same weapons upgraded that weapon to a better version, so finding two pistols gave you a handgun, that fired faster and further. And finding a second knife gave you a sword (i think). There was also a flamethrower, a machine gun and a crossbow (I think).
I also remember that one of the first things you did was finding (or building?) a boat to cross a lake, but I have no clue what the story was about.

e: also, while the perspective of the world was top-down, you saw your character from the side. Kind of like the first Zelda.

Martian fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Dec 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

DrNutt posted:

I don't think so. Unfortunately I can't get enough of a story summary to be sure. But I think there was a plot line where some of your friends switched sides and you could either join them or be forced to fight them. Though again I don't remember if you actually had a choice or not. I don't think I remember flying capital ships though, I'm pretty sure it was fighter based.
Sounds like TIE fighter to me, the Star Destroyer you're on defects from the empire and you're forced to fight your own squadmates.

But that's probably too easy...

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Star Crusader?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Crusader

e: there's even a Let's Play (i haven't watched it)

Martian fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Feb 14, 2018

• Locked thread