Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Thoogsby posted:

Can I put Natura 1600 through the X-Ray machine or do I need to have the TSA check it by hand?

Get it hand checked just to be safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
He says in the post that it's an existing aero stock???

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

8th-snype posted:

I thought 20s superstar made that vide

Nope, pukestain pal, iirc

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2TAVmqg0Jo

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

rocketpig posted:

Don't suppose anyone knows of any film photographers who are known for taking photos of shiny metal things with a shallow depth of field?

That's... That's not how artistic influence generally works. The chief influence on Nobuyoshi Araki was not Irving Klaw despite the fact that Klaw made photos of women in bondage on film.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Helen Highwater posted:

I shot a roll of Ektar 100 in my Kiev 88. I got the scans back (my scanner is in a warehouse somewhere in Eastern Europe) and they look like this.

I'm surprised no one has commented on this, that is turbofucked. I have absolutely no idea what could have caused this. Do you have a digital camera you could take pictures of the negatives with? Put em in front of a white monitor with the brightness cranked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Paperhouse posted:

Out of interest, what would you guys recommend for shooting in low light with a 35mm camera? I'm new to this and so far have only really shot on 200/400 outside, because I'm aware that shooting in poor light is probably going to be poo poo (my ME Super's light meter makes this very obvious, lol). I took a few photos inside a gallery and the shutter speed automatically went so low that I thought it was jammed, though I did actually get a very cool picture out of this by accident.

Basically the whole time I've been with my camera I've been wondering what will happen or what to do when it gets a bit dark. I don't mind some grain, and would like to take some pictures in the evening/night outside - should I get 800 film for this? And how much does the 2x or 4x exposure setting on the camera help? How bad are shots on 200/400 film going to look if there's not a lot of light?

HP5/Tri-X/Portra 400 all shot at 1600+ are your best bets, with the B/W usable to ~3200 depending on light, developed in high concentrate solution like rodinal stand or diafine.

To choicecut, yes a GR/RX is a much, much better idea.