Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omits-Bagels
Feb 13, 2001
Is b/w Arista crappy film? That is what we used in my intro to Black and White photography class back in college.

It seems to be about the cheapest stuff out there but is it any good?

What is some other good, yet low cost b/w film (and where can I get it)? By the way, I am just using this film in my Holga and I plan on developing my own film in the near future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omits-Bagels
Feb 13, 2001

hybr1d posted:

Doh! Nothing like making an idiot of myself in the forum :) I said out loud, "Backlight, there's a backlight? I suppose there has to be one here somewhere" and found the handle for the cover about 10 seconds later.

I don't have access to a darkroom and don't have the resources to make one- so a scanner is as close as I will get for a while- is there a better than the 4490 or 4990? I know drum scanners are supposedly the best but insanely expensive.

I would like to see how well the 4490 scans medium format negatives. I have been thinking about picking one up.

Would you mind posting am image or two?

Omits-Bagels
Feb 13, 2001

Luxmore posted:

Colour, B&W.

Black & white generally works pretty well, but the scanner is a disaster with poorly-exposed negatives, and it can't seem to figure out colour balance (at least not through VueScan)

sweet, thanks.
do you clean up/fix your images in photoshop?