Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ET_375
Nov 20, 2013

Sauer posted:

Yeah but you're pretty much gonna have to buy "small photolab" amounts of chemistry with a Kodak Flexicolor or Fuji Hunt kit to get separate bleach and fix. Very economical way to go if you plan to develop a hundred rolls of film in the next year though... unless you're Canadian. ORM-D is just the worst for any hobbyist.

If you're in the US, Unique Photo ships most chems with no problem. I think Kodak discontinued the small quantity (1.2l) package, but you can get fixer and bleach in 5l amounts from them. Bleach is expensive, there's really no way around it, even mixing it up yourself. They say replenisher but you can just use as-is. Personally I'd keep the C-41 and b&w fixer separate but I haven't heard any reason why you couldn't run both film thru the same chem, and the C-41 fixer will work for both. Separate bleach/fix will have finer grain than blix, if you're fine with another chemical in your process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ET_375
Nov 20, 2013

theHUNGERian posted:

Is there a go-to system for 6x9 these days that has lenses from ~65 mm to ~250 mm? I tried the GL690 and got burnt. I know LF cameras have adapters for roll film, but I worry about the loss in resolution when using an LF lens on 120 film (much like medium format lenses do not resolve as much on FF as FF lenses do). I also worry about the size of LF cameras. For 6x9, I know there is the Mamiya press and the Linhof Super Technika IV 6x9. Are there any options I should be considering? I don't care about lens movements, and I have zero interest in sheet film. Easy maintenance is far more important to me.

There's also the Graflex XL, it's slightly smaller than the Mamiya, but some of the lenses (mostly faster ones) are expensive/hard to find. If you want to go wide, the Graflex XLSW with the 47mm is far easier to find, and cheaper than the equivalent lens set up in a Super Tech. The Mamiya Press is the easiest and cheapest to find lenses and accessories for.