Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

OP has an outdated (404) amazon list of supplies to get started with development; is there a newer equivalent goon approved kit list anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

While we're on about misguided attempts at being lazier, are the Plustek film scanners universally just not as good as a flatbed? Flatbeds are so big :(

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

Godspeed, Velvia 100.

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

King of Bees posted:

The Darkroom did well for us but we just ended up getting labbox and a refurbed scanner and doing it ourselves because its real expensive if youre shootin a lot.

Seconding this, developing and scanning yourself isn't hard and is far more cost effective but The Darkroom did Okay when I was still scared of doing it myself.

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

I use Cinestill DF96 and it has done a great job with Ilford and Lomography B&W medium format film for me.

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

Flyndre posted:

Yikes a Hasselblad 500CM in nice condition is out for a decent price on my local market place (for the second time in fact, and I regretted not hitting it the first time)

Somebody please tell me it will be a stupid purchase and waste of money. I haven't used film since I was a child, and I do not have a good way to develop or scan it

It's pretty and takes good photographs. You came to the wrong thread to be convinced not to buy it.

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

Recoome posted:

You could try using black electrical tape and see how that goes

That will leave a sticky residue, the photographer's friend is a roll of black gaffer's tape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

dema posted:

I don't have a macro lens for my DLSR. Or a light box. So, I'm thinking of just grabbing a scanner. Is the Plustek OpticFilm 8200i SE fine? That's the best seller on B&H.

Save future you the hassle of having bought things that didn't meet your standards and get a cheap macro lens or an extension tube for a long but sub-100 lens you already own, and a lightbox.