Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TsarAleksi
Nov 24, 2004

What?
Here are some examples of various types of film if people are wondering what different films will do to the look of their images. Please forgive the skill with which some of them were made, I shot a lot more film a while back.

Kodak Elite Chrome 100

Tri-X 400

Fuji Press 800

Hand colored Ilford Delta 3200

Kodak TMAX 400

Ilford Delta 400

Ilford Delta 3200 pushed to 6400

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TsarAleksi
Nov 24, 2004

What?
The scratches and crud and general mishandling are the bigger issue-- a drug store machine isn't going to be watched in the same way or treated with the same care as a pro lab would their equipment-- you pay more for the peace of mind. I have always had a pretty mixed experience with Oscos / Walgreens etc.

TsarAleksi
Nov 24, 2004

What?
Borders aside, under 800 is fine. I took ISO 400 film to Europe, and it got scanned twice on each side, came out looking fine.