Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Krispy Kareem posted:

I'm planning on just buying a new scanner with a film insert. Sucks, since I already have 3 scanners as it is, but none can do film. Still, for the upfront cost of $200 I'll have a new scanner and all the equipment necessary to develop negatives. And my wife's very happy I won't be turning our bedroom closet into a darkroom.

Which model is it that's $200? My friend mentioned looking for one but said they were prohibitively expensive so he would be interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Clayton Bigsby posted:

This thread. :v:

A few of us were tossing ideas around for an analog camera gear thread, but I don't see why that stuff can't just be in here... Luxmore had a pretty nice overview of different types of cameras, and I can certainly put together some recommendations at various price points if that's the sort of stuff you're looking for.

I would definitely be interested in that, especially for medium format. I know advice is sprinkled through the camera gear thread, but without search it's tough to collect all that information.