Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tgijsola
Apr 27, 2008

orange
Pillbug
Sweet, a reef tank thread!

I just started a 29g Bio Cube. Obligatory full tank shot:

Still waiting for it to cycle. Can't wait to add a clean up crew, hermit crabs are badass!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tgijsola
Apr 27, 2008

orange
Pillbug
Found a creepy hitchhiker crab in my tank tonight!

He's in the center of this pic, chilling on the rock.

Looks like some sort of Xanthid, probably not good to keep in there, eh?

tgijsola
Apr 27, 2008

orange
Pillbug

Hood Ornament posted:

Pom-Pom Crab vanished as soon as he was in the tank. Yes, I realize he has no pom-poms, and LiveAquaria has recieved my irritated email about it.

I'm pretty sure this isn't all that uncommon (both the vanishing and the lack of anemones). I had one who only had one anemone, and my friend had one like yours without any at all. They both did just fine.

They're nocturnal so you probably won't see him unless you check out your tank at night. Get some moonlights if you don't already have some :)

tgijsola
Apr 27, 2008

orange
Pillbug
Your tank's looking awesome! I agree that sea slugs are badass. I want one or two for my 30 gallon but I really know nothing about them other than that they are awesome. If anyone has experience with them I'd love to hear what you need to do to keep them.

Mystery coral #1 looks like a group of zoas, can't tell what #2 is. Maybe some sort of weird encrusting zoanthid or monti frag? Got a better picture?

tgijsola
Apr 27, 2008

orange
Pillbug
Need some advice, saltwater gurus...

I recently found a MAMMOTH aiptasia hiding in the back of my tank (it's a good 2 inches long with its tentacles stretched out). How should I go about getting rid of the sucker? I've used lemon juice on smaller ones in the past, but I'm really worried about this thing breaking up and spawning even more.

• Locked thread