Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Interpolator
Jan 20, 2004
Unorigional Bastard
My new tank is finally up!

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

(The floating stuff is mysis shrimp because I was feeding them while taking these)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Interpolator
Jan 20, 2004
Unorigional Bastard
Make sure they're Caribbean peppermints, not pacific. Only the Caribbean ones eat aiptasia

The Interpolator
Jan 20, 2004
Unorigional Bastard

Vitae posted:

Anyone know how long it takes for Zoas to open after being introduced into a tank?

Anywhere from minutes to days.

The Interpolator
Jan 20, 2004
Unorigional Bastard
A few pictures of some of the corals that have moved into my new tank.

The Interpolator
Jan 20, 2004
Unorigional Bastard

The Interpolator
Jan 20, 2004
Unorigional Bastard

Psimitry posted:

You either need to take pictures under full spectrum lighting or adjust the blue out of your pictures. It looks like you're specifically taking pictures under actinics to blow out the colors.
The pictures are color balanced for my tank's lighting. How they appear in the picture is how they appear to the human eye in the tank. Yes, my tank does run deep into the blue spectrum to make the colors pop. These are taken under dual 150w Radium 20ks with 156w of T5-HO actinic supplement.

The Interpolator
Jan 20, 2004
Unorigional Bastard
Nobody keeps this thread bumped anymore.
I dropped some of the blue out of my system and went for Phoenix 14k 150w bulbs. Think I'm going to trade out two of the pure actinic T5s for some Fiji Purples or Actinic+.

The Interpolator
Jan 20, 2004
Unorigional Bastard
Reviving this here thread with pictures

My nuclear greens and purple deaths are breeding :3:

The Interpolator
Jan 20, 2004
Unorigional Bastard
I just give them lots of light, flow, and calcium and they seem to be happy.

The Interpolator
Jan 20, 2004
Unorigional Bastard
A recent FTS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Interpolator
Jan 20, 2004
Unorigional Bastard
Mine has been at 7.8 for two years and it's never caused a problem. I'm also a big fan of letting the tank do things on it's own instead of micromanaging parameters, though, so ymmv.

• Locked thread