Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

Your mama was a snowblower
Our newly converted 20gal Freshwater to saltwater nano.

We are starting it as a Fish and Live rock only, and adding corals as space will allow.

The tank, with its current cleaner crew.

Our brittle star and one of the hermit crabs. I'm thinking of naming the star liam gallagher

And the peppermint shrimp. Who is blurry and likes to make love to the corner.

There is also another hermit and a turbo snail lurking around the top.

Current system is a

fluval 205 (rated for 40gal)
maxi-jet 600 powerhead with hydorflo deflector
unknown heater: being replaced this weekend.
Fission usa Nano-skimmer
2x65w compact florescent system with moonlight led's. Right now its on the glass top as the legs are coming in probably friday.

Live rock is coming tomorrow.

This is our first saltwater tank, currently awaiting our first algae bloom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

No, we used live sand with biomix and Ro/DI for the initial fill, and after consulting 2 different local shop owners, I was told I could add invertebrates and live rock. Anything else will have to wait about a month after water changes.

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

csammis posted:

Yes. Invertebrates are especially intolerant of spikes during a cycle, which you will have as the organisms in the live sand and live rock die off. Google isn't telling me what "biomix" is, but unless it's something like BioSpira (a refrigerated colony of live nitrobacters), you're going to get a cycle. The best bet you have now is to watch the ammonia / nitrite / nitrate levels like a hawk and do water changes to keep things under control.

I hope two different stores aren't giving me the wrong info then. The live rock was supposed to be here the same day that the cleaning crew was, but the guy was late coming to my area, so I'm getting it today.

Oh well. Mistakes will be made. Just expensive ones.:v:

Also after watching the brittle star eat today I'll feel bad if it dies.

• Locked thread