Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

SYSK's schtick is so good they branched it out into at least what, 3 other shows? I think it's a little different with them because they don't feel obligated to do an hour on everything but are obligated to stick to the research they did.

To their credit, they actually really do their research and they don't just recite a Wikipedia article. Occasionally Josh gets weirdly aggressive about something (God forbid anything Japan-related comes up), but they're really just two goobers just sitting in a cramped studio talking about something every week, which is, I think, the show's real charm.

If I'm ever having trouble sleeping, I just open up the podcast app on my phone and go to some random episode from a few years ago. Their voices are so calm and level that I'm usually zonked within ten minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Stuff you should know is fantastic and without them i would not know what a wonder of engineering the panama canal is

Their two-parters on the Hoover Dam and Iran-Contra are wonderful.