Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forgone Conclusion
Aug 13, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I just watched Dark City with the Ebert Commentary. I know he did commentary for his movie Beneth The Valley of the Dolls, but are there any other movies he's done commentary for?

Also, in Platoon, when Charlie Sheen is waiting for the VC soldiers to come into the ambush, he keeps covering and uncover his eyes. Why the gently caress is he doing that?

Casablanca also has an Ebert commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forgone Conclusion
Aug 13, 2007

ZenMaster posted:

EDIT: Oh, and anyone want to tackle the French Connection ending for me?

What specifically don't you understand about it? Seemed pretty straightforward to me.

Forgone Conclusion
Aug 13, 2007

ZenMaster posted:

Ok, I guess that's all I needed to know. A bit of a bummer, I thought I had missed something big.

It seems like you understand what happened pretty well. Doyle had become so obsessed with catching Charnier he killed an innocent man, and let the real genius behind the crime get away.