Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ortsacras
Feb 11, 2008
12/17/00 Never Forget

Ape Agitator posted:

Ignoring the horrible second movie suggestion, I figured that immortals should continue to pop up infrequently until such time as one of them wins the prize, thus ending the game (forever?).

So there might be a hundred dudes or a dozen but as long as the prize was unclaimed some more might pop up.

Sure, that makes sense, but it'd also basically make it pretty much impossible for someone to ever win once the planet's population reaches the point where thousands of people are being born every second. The guy who gets rid of all the adult immortals is going to have to jet around the globe constantly killing babies, and until teleportation is invented, while he's on the plane to get one of them another will be born somewhere. Sucks for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ortsacras
Feb 11, 2008
12/17/00 Never Forget

Crowetron posted:

Could someone explain the end of The Departed to me? Specifically why Mark Walberg shot Matt Damon? Did he get ahold of the evidence tape somehow?

Either that, or he just asked "who benefits" like he'd been taught and figured it out himself.

Ortsacras
Feb 11, 2008
12/17/00 Never Forget

hog wizard posted:

I was browsing through the thread from page 1, noticed that it was from a long time ago and just wanted to post this.

There should be a thread for "old posts that are now seen as hilariously wrong." The Star Trek thread, the Avatar thread(s), and the Transformers 2 thread would be absolute gold mines for that kind of thing.

Ortsacras
Feb 11, 2008
12/17/00 Never Forget
I wouldn't personally laugh at people who thought the first Pirates looked and sounded like a lovely idea - I know I was completely shocked when some friends who saw it opening night just gushed about it. How the gently caress could a drat theme park ride turn into an even watchable movie, much less a great one?

I cannot ever imagine being so surprised by how good a movie was again. Not even if the 2037 remake of Attack of the Clones turns out to be as intricate and moving as The Godfather.