Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Yawgmoft posted:

This happened to me too. I remember this movie where this boy is in a museum, and there are these creepy statues, and he gets turned into a monster or something, and at some point they play the song monster mash.

That sounds exactly like the My Pet Monster live action movie.

Shalinor posted:

Interestingly enough, no, this is one about a much younger kid.

The gist of it was that the kid thought his family was completely normal, hits somewhere around puberty (12-ish I assume? We're talking roughly the age of the Little Monsters kid), and then he starts growing horns and - on my! - his family has a history of this. Or he was fated to become a demon, because his parents made a pact. Or something.

At this point, the movie gets bizarre, with actual demons walking around the house and... some kind of portal? Either the house ends up in the demon realm, or they find a door, or some other odd melding allows the kid to wander around some demon-ish realm at some point.

Mind that the demon realm isn't horror movie, we're talking... well, a lot like Little Monsters actually. That same kind of "this would be scary if the lighting weren't in pastels / bright colors" kind of demon.

Then cue 80's plot that I'm certain involved an upbeat musical number, and the kid is cured, and... something. I know they went the route of trying to cure the kid, but past that, I can't recall how it ended.

EDIT: and to the above guy that mentions the thing about statues and monsters, I can't say I remember exactly that, but... I'm almost tempted to say we're talking about the same movie. I want to say the one I'm thinking of had the typical upbeat musical number, that it was "Monster Mash," and that this was possibly the point where demons and such were wandering around the kid's house in cooky music-video-friendly fashion.

Did he also have a girlfriend who he had to tell his secret to? Was there also a scene in a school library where he starts transforming into the monster, and the girl has to hide him under a blanket, and then a bully comes to bug them and he scares them off with his demon-face?

I've seen the movie you are talking about a bunch of times, I just can't remember what it's called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Jack Gladney posted:

VHS and Japanese VCD is it, I'm pretty sure. I bought the VCD used at Newbury Comics in 2002 and still don't know how I feel about buying it.

They are on laserdisc too, which is probably the best choice if your other options are VHS and VCD.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

The actual legit ezcap is actually good and I believe works in Win10 with a bunch of different programs.

There's a million knock-offs of it though so you have got to order from one of the company's actual stores - http://www.ezcap.tv/ezcap-usa-orders

edit - uh for some reason it's really expensive on their stores right now. It's usually around 30 bucks so I'm not sure what's going on there.