Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikewozere
Jun 2, 2008

Aiiiii
Why are some films shot with a green tinge throughout? An obvious example is the Matrix, although the directors have explained the varying colours for the real world and the Matrix, but I've also seen this technique used in Bourne Supremacy and I think it was also used in Black Hawk Down. Everything just has a slightly green element to it.

Is this done for any reason particularly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikewozere
Jun 2, 2008

Aiiiii
Thanks for the speedy answer. It probably shouldn't get to me, but usually if I notice this in a film I spend the whole time wondering why it was done, rather than appreciating any of the film itself.

With regards to the atmospheric effects I suppose it does make scenes seem slightly more gritty and its probably no coincidence that all of the examples are action films.