Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Somehow I missed the fact that they made 4 Terminator movies after T2.

Should I catch up with those?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Well I've been talked out of watching any of them.

Maybe ill just read the wiki

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
This thread put me off watching The Terminators so instead i watched American Psycho which I've been putting off for years.

hosed up movie

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

So much better than any Terminator movie.

I certainly enjoyed it (American Psycho) but the ending didn't really click with me and i was glad when it was over

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

SimonCat posted:

So, the movie Orca came out in 1977 and was a rip off of Jaws. To show how dangerous the Orca is, the movie opens with an Orca killing a great white shark. Jaws 2 came out in 1978 and features a dead Orca that was killed by the film's great white shark.

It's funny and a little petty.

Are there any other examples of this type of tit for tat in movies?

Theres an alien xenomorph skull inside the predators ship in predator 2 i think?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I've heard that story but i can't think of an example

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Which movie podcasts do people like to listen to? I already have Film Sack, The Rewatchables and the Now Playing Podcast in my feed but any other recommendations are welcome

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Thanks for the recommendations, particularly interested in Blank Check. I've tried a few times to listen to How Does it Get Made but the format seems a bit loose and trying too hard to be funny so I always bounced off it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Stuff you should know is fantastic and without them i would not know what a wonder of engineering the panama canal is