Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?
I want to say I saw a movie as a kid that involved a teenager that was becoming a demon / it was a family trait that came up during puberty / etc? Eventually there were horns poking out of his head, and I recall an idiotic 80's romp to "cure" him? Possibly he was sworn to join the demons, or... er... eh? Anyone happen to remember this, and the title?

(this is of the same category as "Little Monsters" - movies you saw as a kid that were so bizarre you begin to wonder if you just made it up)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Manx Shearwater posted:

That's "My Demon Lover," starring Nick Moore from Family Ties

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093589/

Edit: Hey, I found this old web article about it, with some screens. I guess you can take a look to see if that's really what it is, but it's hard for me to imagine more than one movie about kids turning into demons. http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0836/
Interestingly enough, no, this is one about a much younger kid.

The gist of it was that the kid thought his family was completely normal, hits somewhere around puberty (12-ish I assume? We're talking roughly the age of the Little Monsters kid), and then he starts growing horns and - on my! - his family has a history of this. Or he was fated to become a demon, because his parents made a pact. Or something.

At this point, the movie gets bizarre, with actual demons walking around the house and... some kind of portal? Either the house ends up in the demon realm, or they find a door, or some other odd melding allows the kid to wander around some demon-ish realm at some point.

Mind that the demon realm isn't horror movie, we're talking... well, a lot like Little Monsters actually. That same kind of "this would be scary if the lighting weren't in pastels / bright colors" kind of demon.

Then cue 80's plot that I'm certain involved an upbeat musical number, and the kid is cured, and... something. I know they went the route of trying to cure the kid, but past that, I can't recall how it ended.

EDIT: and to the above guy that mentions the thing about statues and monsters, I can't say I remember exactly that, but... I'm almost tempted to say we're talking about the same movie. I want to say the one I'm thinking of had the typical upbeat musical number, that it was "Monster Mash," and that this was possibly the point where demons and such were wandering around the kid's house in cooky music-video-friendly fashion.

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 7, 2008