Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Alien is another series that should die. Covenant was aggressively bad.

I went into that with the most charitable of expectations and it still shat all over them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Hudsucker Proxy (94) had a similar scene, but it’s a newspaper editor reading off a line of things to find out. So not an criminal investigator, but similar context.

Didn’t Superman (78) have a scene where Perry is reading off a list of questions he wants answered about Superman?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
2/3rds of T4 isn’t awful.

T3 is underrated. It has a good ending.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I remember being a kid and just wanting a Terminator movie to show the actual war from the flashbacks (flash...forwards?) in the first Terminator. Even as a dumbass kid I knew there was only so much you could do with a time machine and a killer robot. It’s like Aliens in that they keep trying to make a franchise out of an early 1980’s all night coked out screenwriting bender.

At least Star Wars had more than 3 main characters. 6 movies and a TV show about John Connor, his mom, and his robot.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

The T2 laser-future is unquestionably rad in that film, but it's a product of its time—it's how 1991 imagined the future to be in all its stylistic excess. Had Salvation gone for that look in '09 it would have come across like a cartoon, so I totally understand why McG and the gang went for a more grounded, grey, bleak version of the future even if it wasn't as "cool." His version feels far more like a real-world war-torn environment, the sort that Americans had been seeing on the news in the Middle East since T2 came out. That being said, it almost entirely lacked in style and ended up being incredibly bland.

I hadn't heard McG's name in a few years, so I looked up his filmography and you could say he entirely lacked in style and ended up being incredibly bland too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I have no idea how the real Mantzoukas acts, but he went to an arty college in Vermont, so I’m going to guess not like his public persona.

HDTGM used to be really good, but they’re on like episode 300 by now, so they probably should have retired a while back.