Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Ape Agitator posted:

I recall hearing a DVD commentary (can't begin to think of which one) where some director said they stuck with a weaker take of a scene specifically because it had one of those serendipitous occurrences like the Alien 4 basketball shot.
Not a movie, but the Office episode "Basketball Game" has something like that. The dopey fat guy Kevin gets passed over when they're picking players and at the end of the episode they show him sinking something like four or five shots in a row, easily. Apparently he sunk way more than that, but they cut away because it was so unbelievable.

Forgone Conclusion posted:

Casablanca also has an Ebert commentary.
Is this as awesome as his other commentaries? It's really a tragedy that we may never get another spoken Ebert commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Honest Thief posted:

What about the Inside Man, when Denzel gets so angry he just seems to glide to the bank doors
It's been a while since I saw The Inside Man, but I really liked that glide bit. My interpretation of it was that the glide started because they shot a hostage, which takes a lot of the situation out of the hands of the negotiator and starts a string of results that Denzel hates but is helpless to stop. That's why he is riding on rails, because as soon as the execution happens, so is everyone else.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

volumecontrol posted:

Do movie studios which are part of media conglomerates have to pay for the advertising on their own networks? When Rise of the Planet of the Apes was being promoted the last few weeks, they had ads all over FOX, FX, FOX News, etc. Does 20th Century Fox pay these stations ad revenue, or what? Same goes for Viacom when promoting films on their own channels, MTV, CBS, etc.
I'm going to guess yes because corporations have departments pay one another for things all the time. A simple example is that sometimes (depending on how uptight your company is) you may see one person who works in one department working on a project in another department, and on his timecard he will bill against the other department, not his "home" department. It's probably the same way with much much larger things like ad buys. However, I would bet that they have preferential deals within the larger corporate entity, that's kind of one of the points of having cross-platform companies held within one larger corporation.

I do have to say that I'm speculating a bit here from my own experiences in the corporate world, I don't accept ad buys for my local fox affiliate or anything.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I'm considering doing an effortpost in CD.

1. If I upload a bunch (30+) of short clips from a single movie (anywhere from 15 seconds to 2 minutes) to youtube, will that account get nuked pretty quickly? I'd like to do some gifs and clips to put in the thread but I don't know how actively that sort of thing gets C&D'd.

2. What is a good application for ripping short clips from a DVD and making them into either youtube ready video clips or gifs?

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

LesterGroans posted:

I mean, the fact that there were three Hangover movies instantly make them pussy versions of Very Bad Things. gently caress Jeremy Piven, but his scene with the stripper in the bathroom is better and crazier than anything from any of those movies.
Is Piven a prick? Why the hostility?

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I like the work of film crit hulk but his gimmick is pretty tiresome. What are other sites that do similar analysis?

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

Lobok posted:

If it's not the third person talk, which he does more rarely now it seems anyway, but the all-caps that annoys you there are different sites that convert the text. Kinda hilarious that "film crit hulk text converter" brings up a few sites.
I probably should have left hulk out of my post, I'm looking for good film crit sites.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

FreudianSlippers posted:

Drowning children is bad.
How do you feel about dropping a helicopter on them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

They were probably just really big Star Trek VI fans.