Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

FitFortDanga posted:

You don't have to watch in any particular order. Lady Vengeance is the best of them.

While I enjoyed Lady of Vengeance, and its quirky sense of humor (the only one of the three with a defined sense of humor), personally Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance I thought was the best. As time has gone on though, I actually think Oldboy while still a good movie is probably my least favorite of the three.

I pretty much enjoy all of Park's films even I'm a Cyborg, but that's OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Women's Rights? posted:

I have a question about There Will Be Blood. Why does Daniel kill Eli? I get the back and forth between them, the taking revenge in public whenever they've denied one another what they've wanted, but the actual bludgeoning seems to come out of nowhere. He's already humiliated Eli, mocked him about taking the oil from the Bandy tract, went on about how wonderful his brother is doing...so why does he kill him? I like that movie but I fear I may be too dumb for it :shobon:.

Eli continually tried to dominate Daniel, tried to have him submit to his religious will, Daniel on the other hand wanted that town to pretty much keel over and let him run things his way. It seemed to me at the end, Eli was still trying to somehow impose his will over Daniel and it all came crashing down on him. At least that's how I took it.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Dreamscape was used for another 80s movie, ironically enough, but I would have gone with: Nude Descending Bathroom Scale :v: wtf

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

NeuroticErotica posted:

I doubt District 9 will be a success.

Success with whom? Not for nothing but District 9 looks like it can pretty cool, if he achieves good critic response, and grosses more than budget with good DVD sales, I kind of agree with Thodt, it could make studios think twice about the Jackson/Blomkamp team up. Halo doesn't exactly have a super-complicated story, it would have to be an action/fx driven type of movie anyway.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

Rake Arms posted:

Return to Oz is the most creative interpretation of the Oz books to date and transforms two mediocre sequels into one fantastic reimagining of a familiar world. Is it as ground breaking as the MGM original? No. Is it a bit too scary for kids? Yes.

But damnit, it's an awesome movie :colbert:

I agree with this completely, although I remember seeing this as a kid and liking it a lot, I didn't find it that terrifying. Disney has made a few movies I liked a lot (and still do), but they weren't happy with their own work and really downplayed them. The Black Hole was another such movie.