Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wax Tadpole
Jan 23, 2004

Ok I have a good one for all of you.

Back when "The Game" came out starring Michael Douglas, there was a piece of software you could install based off the movie. I can't really classify it as a video game, and say it was more of a mini-arg for your home computer. I don't know if it was officially licensed, or if it was an independent project either. Although it came out around the same time so who knows.
After I installed it, it brought up a "CRS" (creative recreational services) registration page and asked me for some personal information. After I filled in all the appropriate info, the program states that I'm not qualified and crashes. I think to myself "hey that was a pretty neat little recreation of what they did in the film" and thought nothing more of it.
A few days pass and come home to find a new folder on my desktop. Weird. I open it and find another folder, and another. This continues for about ten folders and finally there is a key icon in the last one. I copy and paste it to my desktop.
More time passes, I come home to find an e-mail addressed to me from a "secret admirer" who wants to meet me at a Starbucks down the street from my house. (I had forgotten I had listed this as my favorite hang out spot during registration) So I go and wait for near an hour at Starbucks before I realize it was the loving game!
I drive home all let down, only to walk into my room and find "Wax Tadpole is addicted to crystal meth", and other assorted messages scrawled all across my monitor.
There is a lot more that I am forgetting at the moment, but it has to be one of the coolest loving tie-ins I've ever seen to any movie. The only problem is, is that nobody ever knows what I am talking about whenever I bring it up, and I cannot find any sort of references at all on the internet. I used to have it saved to a floppy disk a long rear end time ago, since lost it, and I would kill to get my hands on it again. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Wax Tadpole fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jul 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wax Tadpole
Jan 23, 2004

Daduzi posted:

the film title makes it next to impossible to Google.

That's exactly what the problem is, it's pointless to put "The Game Game" in any search engine.