Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

KyloWinter posted:

I'm not sure if this is the wrong thread but I'll post here anyways.

I am trying to find the movie trailer that goes with this description. I think it is some thriller type movie that come out within the last year. There aren't any sound effects from the movie in the shown scenes put there is this constant pinging throughout the trailer that makes the transition from one scene clip to another. There is also some intense talking in between pings. Does this vague description ring a bell for anyone?

It's not really a pinging, per se, but the first trailer that came to mind when you mentioned this recurring noise was the incredible trailer for A Serious Man (one of the best trailers I've ever seen, still):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iggyFPls4w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

schwenz posted:

Would it be possible to create a visual diagram that accurately depicts the timeline of events in Primer in a way that visually explains what happened in the film?
I guess to clarify, If I started to make a diagram that accurately depicts the timeline of events in Primer am I going to realize that the timeline is full of plot holes and can't be completed?

I read through this but my brain still isn't making all the connections.

Odd question I know, but for some reason I really want to make this.

Something like this? (Linked so as not to spoil anything for anyone.)

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/primer-chart.jpg

(Edited to fix link)

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

a radii hike posted:

Is there something like a musical IMDb, a site that lists every movie that uses a particular song?

I'm not sure, but I do know that you can search the soundtrack listings on the IMDb, which may give you similar results.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

As far as unreliable narrators go, Steven Soderbergh's The Informant! plays with a variation of this.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

Rabbit Hill posted:

Hmm, I don't think Fight Club is what I was remembering, and I haven't seen the other films mentioned, although this is hilarious --

It's clearly a much more commonly used device than I was aware of. This is the Beck video that uses it (zoom-outs start around 2:50)--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa3rBVb3v4g

It's not quite the same thing, but are you maybe thinking of The Rules of Attraction? There's the girl who commits suicide and the film reveals how much she's been in the movie before then.