Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Shatter Map posted:

The scene in American Beauty where Kevin Spacey slams the asparagus plate against the wall. Does anyone else like to point out/marvel at how he managed to perfectly stick a lemon slice above the picture frame? I bet he couldn't have done that again if he tried 100 more times.

Sorry I couldn't find a screen cap :(

Hell, that's nothing.

In Alien Resurrection, when Ripley is on the other side of the basketball court and throws it behind her, without looking, and makes it? That was all her, and the FIRST ATTEMPT.

The reason they cut away so fast is because the very next second one of the actors shouted "holy poo poo!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Diligent Deadite posted:

When did movies first start to have huge cast and crew lists at the end? I imagine it's probably due to union requirements and it probably happened around the mid-1970s, but when I watch a film made before that on DVD, it's always really jarring when it goes THE END -BOOM- TITLE MENU!

Interestingly enough, it is this very thing that gave us a not-directed-by-Spielberg Return of the Jedi, and also, arguably, three lackluster prequels.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Ericcorp posted:

Could you please explain this?

The unions wouldn't let Spielberg work on RotJ because Lucas refused to put the credits in the beginning of the movie.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Armyman25 posted:

At the end of Alien 3 was Lance Henrikson a droid or not? He said he wasn't, but his ear was hanging off after 85 clubbed him and it didn't seem to faze him all that much.

Well... depends if you think AvP is cannon or not. If it is, Bishop is based off the original founder, who died well before Alien 3. If not... then I don't know.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Shalinor posted:

I want to say I saw a movie as a kid that involved a teenager that was becoming a demon / it was a family trait that came up during puberty / etc? Eventually there were horns poking out of his head, and I recall an idiotic 80's romp to "cure" him? Possibly he was sworn to join the demons, or... er... eh? Anyone happen to remember this, and the title?

(this is of the same category as "Little Monsters" - movies you saw as a kid that were so bizarre you begin to wonder if you just made it up)

This happened to me too. I remember this movie where this boy is in a museum, and there are these creepy statues, and he gets turned into a monster or something, and at some point they play the song monster mash.

I was completely sure I made it up, and I was describing it to one of my friends one day, and he looked at me wide eyed and said "I OWN THAT MOVIE!"

That was six years ago. We never watched it :(
Still don't know what bloody movie that was.