Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

This one is kind of a weird one.

What is the biggest/most popular movie not yet released on DVD?

I started wondering when I was remembering how long it took for Star Wars and Indiana Jones to get on DVD.

It's kind of a subjective question though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

I may have just forgotten, but this just bothered me about the Gremlins:

When Billy goes to the school after the science teacher tells him the cocoon hatched, he goes and find the teacher dead. A bit later he's scratched by the gremlin there, and it escapes into an air vent.

My question is, what the hell happened to that gremlin? Billy didn't kill it so for all we know, the little fucker was still alive after the end of the movie.

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

I think that's the ultimate question.

After all these years, the FBI warnings at the end of DVDs still like like they were just copied off of a grungy VHS of The Goonies taped off TV.

I've just very recently seen a few DVDs with new FBI warnings, but why did it take so long? How hard is it to just make a new one for everyone to use for the next thirty years?

But then, who really gives a poo poo?

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

twistedmentat posted:

I was putting out the Oscar winner Blurays at work, and when I came to Crash I remember all the childish sour grapes from the Brokeback Mountain crew over their loss.

I googled, but I was unable to find any other instances of people being really pissy about their loss at the Oscars. I'm sure they exist though, considering that an Oscar is pretty much the most well regarded award anyone can get that isn't a Nobel Prize.

I'm fairly certain people are still pissed that Citizen Kane got beat out by How Green Was My Valley back in 1941 but, you know, How Green Was My Valley was infinitely better...at least the book was. :colbert:

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

Can anyone explain A Safe Place to me?

I'm working through the BBS Criterion set at the moment, and I've been told by a few people to just skip the disc with Drive, He Said and A Safe Place. Having watched Drive, He Said and thinking it's not all that bad, I figured A Safe Place was probably decent too. Man was I wrong. From what I can tell it's about a woman with brain damage who's incapable of making sense, this Elvis Costello looking dude who's willing to ignore that because she's sort of hot, and Orson Welles doing magic.

Seriously, what's up with this movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

So I've been rewatching the Alien series and I watched Alien3 (Directors cut) last night.

Is there a book or something that goes over everything that was hosed with and what Fincher wanted that he wasn't able to get?

Also, what was with Bishop II? He's a robot, right? I mean, he has red blood, but his hosed up ear leads me to believe he was just a robot they sent to try to convince Ripley to give up her alien baby.