Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shatter Map
Nov 14, 2005

The scene in American Beauty where Kevin Spacey slams the asparagus plate against the wall. Does anyone else like to point out/marvel at how he managed to perfectly stick a lemon slice above the picture frame? I bet he couldn't have done that again if he tried 100 more times.

Sorry I couldn't find a screen cap :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shatter Map
Nov 14, 2005

Jive One posted:

In Saving Private Ryan there's a scene in the beginning where Mellish is handed a hitler youth knife. He says something before he starts crying but I can't find a quote nor decipher it, and I always wondered if it related to the preceding battle or to the holocaust.

I always thought Mellish was crying due to battle stress/fatigue for what he just went through. I don't really think 5 minutes after the battle of Omaha would be a emotional trigger for the Jewish genocide, and didn't Americans not really know the full extent of the Final Solution in 1944?

Shatter Map
Nov 14, 2005

In Saving Private Ryan , each of the privates in Captain Miller's squad foreshadows how they will meet their death.

When the soldiers are pinned down by a German sniper in the French village, Private Jackson notices a bell tower in the distance and says "That's where I'd be". Private Jackson is later killed by a tank round while in a bell tower during the final battle in the third act

Private Mellish is handed a Hitler Youth knife shortly after the soldiers have secured the beachhead in the opening invasion sequence. He says "..yeah and now its a Kaballah cutter". Private Mellish is later stabbed to death by a knife

When the squad is first debarking across the French countryside to search for Ryan, Private Caparzo tells Corporal Upham to never salute Captain Miller because it makes his a target for sniper fire, "especially when I'm standing next to him" he adds... Caparzo is later killed by a sniper bullet

During the beach invasion, Wade the Medic is seen frantically trying to patch up a badly wounded soldier on the beach. He tells the soldier not to look at the wound . Wade is later shot and cannot address his injury because the round exited through his back and he can not see the exit wounds

Can anyone think of any other instances of this in the movie?