Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I picked up a pack of plasticine clay from the corner store today for fun, and even though I suck at using the stuff, inspiration struck while I was messing around with it. So I started a superhero bust, but for some reason I keep trying to use the controls for the spore creature creator and keep messing up (like left click rotate)

change my name fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

change my name posted:

I picked up a pack of plasticine clay from the corner store today for fun, and even though I suck at using the stuff, inspiration struck while I was messing around with it. So I started a superhero bust, but for some reason I keep trying to use the controls for the spore creature creator and keep messing up (like left click rotate)

Also does anyone know of any good tutorials for making human mouths in zbrush? I have absolutely no clue how to go about doing it

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

SynthOrange posted:

How have you created this? Did you start from a low level mesh and subdivided your way up? Or did you just start with a high poly blob and just carved away? If you did the first, you could extrude a mouth inwards and work off that. Otherwise, just sculpt a mouth and retopologize it, and add the extra geometry in an external program. Fiddling around with actual low poly work in Zbrush is a bit of a pain for me.

I blocked the basics out in zspheres, then used the low poly for the basic shape and worked my way up on the higher detail levels

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I'm trying to start a new bust, but these holes appeared and I just can't get rid of them no matter what I try. Does anyone know what I can do?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

SynthOrange posted:

Increase the radius of your smoothing brush? Mask everything else and use the smooth deformer? Drop your resolution back down and delete the higher subdivisions?

Already tried all of those, they're still there after

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

SynthOrange posted:

Would have been better if the frames were taken at the lowest subdivision, but even now there's still a lot of wierd joins and edges going on. How're you constructing this?

It started out with a zsphere base, but I used the unified skin instead of the adaptive and went from there, which might explain the odd edges but not the holes.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Just doodling, probably gonna texture when it's done though because I finally "get" texturing in zbrush now.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I was so disappointed that the goblinhound in Torchlight didn't live up to its namesake. I guess I should fix that.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

A5H posted:

Any of you guys seen this before?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHD8Xf5Rnvo
Absolutely blew me away.

SHELBY! CAMARO! jeep...

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Hands & fingers are absolutely killing me in zbrush and end up looking like tentacles/hand horns everytime. Anyone have a good hand/finger method?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Got bored, decided to make a superhero guy, remembered how easy Zbrush was to use and something just clicked. I actually might end up making something halfway decent if I stick with it this time.

change my name fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Dec 18, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

change my name posted:

Got bored, decided to make a superhero guy, remembered how easy Zbrush was to use and something just clicked. I actually might end up making something halfway decent if I stick with it this time.

The problem I think I'm facing is in that by not using a reference, I seem to be subconsciously creating myself (Facial-wise). How narcissistic.

change my name fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 21, 2009