Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

Mind sharing the course? I’m hoping to start a small project early next year that’ll involve a good deal of hard surface modeling and am trying to learn blender for exactly that purpose

From OPs description it sounds like Hard Surface Modelling in Blender
I have it, it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Mata posted:

Do you know if this license lets you use substance painter outside of Steam, or does it strictly include the Steam-DRM?

It does, you can link your Steam account to your Substance account and it will give you a normal 1yr license to install.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Pre-emptive :smith: for when it's bought by Adobe, renamed Mixamo and costs $45 a month.

My brief attempts at animating anything in blender always ended in :confused: but working through the Cascadeur tutorials seems to be a lot better.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
I had a look at the file and nothing seems to render anywhere. Not dark, but the frame renders in 0 seconds and is empty (in blender 3.4.1)
At frame 291 the camera and alien guy are halfway up the tunnel but there doesn't seem to be a light anywhere near them? There is a light parented to 'Lamp' that seems to be flying way outside the tunnel.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/dekubrush/status/1637129900388917248?s=20

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Sourdough Sam posted:

I think people who make tutorials should avoid trying to incorporate their "humor" and personality into it. I've also noticed when professional artists get big followings it can go to their head so fast. They don't conduct themselves carefully. Recently there was that very popular hard surface guy who posted many great tips and decided to just go full on racist and sexist on twitter one day.

They should incorporate their personality into it, so it's clear if they are a piece of poo poo or not.

Is the popular hard surface guy from Blender Bros? The stuff about them is :stonk:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

HorseHeadBed posted:

What happened with Blenderbros? I missed that whole thing.

One guy is an Andrew Taint style alpha-male dickhead
Also if you unsub from their mailing list because they spam emails every hour, he deletes your account :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Cascadeur updated their licensing/pricing plans. If you had a basic (free) license before March 1 you can claim a 2 year Indie license :toot:

The new basic version can't export to anything so it's pretty useless.