Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
So Ive been noodling around with Blender and Unreal 5, is it better to just stick with Blender for modeling or do everything in Unreal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Ahh ok, I was enjoying Blender's scupting tools quite a bit. Ill stick with it then.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Ok so I made a D6 in Substance modeller(my first ever cg asset yay), but when I export it Substance painter cant seem to open it. The weird bit is Stager sees it fine and can open it, soooo yeah what the heck.
Did I maybe make the die too small or something? I gots no clue, Im new to cgi so any ideas?

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
It threw an error message about "the file is empty" the first time, the second time it looked like it was opening it but nothing happened.
Edit: Oh huh apparently Substance painter dosent lile OBJ files? Ok good to know.

DreadUnknown fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 16, 2022

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Oh well that was probably it, Im still super new to this.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Welp I finally started the notorious Blender donut tutorial, coming from a traditional art background a lot of the 3DCG workflow males my brain angry. I think I'm mostly getting it, I'll post the final result when I get done tomorrow probably.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Well poo poo learning Blender Guru guy sucks is good to know. I'm going to have to find a better teacher for hard surface stuff then. Anyway, here's my donut progress:

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Ok Ill check it out!

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Holy drat thats good.

Khanstant posted:

To be clear I think the chuddy dude is Blender Bros. Blender Guru is the Australian dork and I think his biggest sin is detailing his tutorials for a personal story you hear four times rewinding to do one little thing.
Ah ok, I did see the "NFTs are the future video" but thats pretty bog standard techdude bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Ok I finished the donut tutorial, I realize they look kind of plastic but ehhhh.