Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldyogurt
Aug 14, 2004

Son of a--
Muldoon
Wow, that's an awesome OP. I've been working on my first full fledged character model for many long and frustrating hours over the last couple of weeks. Spent a lot more time on the head than the body, but that picture in the OP helped a crap load. The second is the concept, which, as I realized once I started modelling, has a lot of accessories that don't really make sense. I think I'll just repaint it retroactively after finishing the model.

ElecHeadMatt - HOW are you still in college. That is a very professional looking site & portfolio. What's the music from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldyogurt
Aug 14, 2004

Son of a--
Muldoon
Agreed. Thanks for the crit!

oldyogurt
Aug 14, 2004

Son of a--
Muldoon
That looks really cool. My crit is that the interior looks awfully intact considering the building was bombed and has been exposed to the weather for who knows how long (particuarly the broom, but maybe someone is supposed to be still going in there?)

oldyogurt fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 25, 2008

oldyogurt
Aug 14, 2004

Son of a--
Muldoon
Here's another WIP of the character I'm working on.

I just started texturing this guy and he's looking rather action figure-y at the moment. Gonna try dirtying him up a bit. 7700 tris right now, but I'm gonna try optimizing the head.

oldyogurt
Aug 14, 2004

Son of a--
Muldoon

sigma 6 posted:

Definitely read it before the movie ruins it for you.

I've read Watchmen and while I thought it was pretty good, I still don't understand half of it. Absolutely loved Halo Jones though. But judging by this trailer and 300 I really don't know if this movie will live up to the comic.

Anyway I think I'm about finished with this Treasure Hunter character, but I'm very much open to crits.

Click here for the full 680x684 image.

Click here for the full 520x782 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldyogurt
Aug 14, 2004

Son of a--
Muldoon

sigma 6 posted:

As for your treasure hunter:
Why did you normal map the eyes?
The clothes look like they could have a few more wrinkles sculpted in.
Overall pretty decent low poly character.

Are you the stuckeys which is always posting speed paintings in the draw everyday threads? If so -- I love your work.

Thanks! Yeah, that's me in the drawing threads, though I haven't been posting in them for a little while now. Appreciate the crit too. For the eye, I saw a couple of 3d examples (I forget where exactly) that showed the iris area modeled as a bulge, so I basically just mimicked that. But I guess that doesn't really apply to game normal maps?