Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Mod note: Greatest hits start page 526!

:siren: Update 11/28/2013: After more than five years and many broken images, it was time to clean up the OP. See the bottom of this post for a subjective list of links to some highlights from the first hundred pages or so of the thread. :siren:

Forest Fuckery posted:

I don't grief for the hell of it, but sometimes it is just too hilarious not to do

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer :monocle:

Wikipedia posted:

A griefer is a player who plays a game simply to aggravate and harass other players. Griefing is a form of emergent gameplay… Griefers differ from typical players in that they do not play the game in order to achieve objectives defined by the game world. Instead, they seek to harass other players, causing grief. In particular, they may use tools such as stalking, hurling insults, and exploiting unintended game mechanics.

I think that most of us, at one time or another, have decided to be jerks in online games. This may come when you’ve squeezed all of the regular entertainment you can out of a game but crave a bit more fun before uninstalling. Or perhaps, like my brother, you just enjoy anonymously tormenting other gamers whenever possible.

The Goons are known for being obnoxious in online games, so let’s post our favorite griefing stories/strategies/whatever. (I don’t consider maphacks, aimbots, and other cheats to really count as griefing, so try to avoid talking about them unless it’s a drat good story.)

Most of my experiences come from FPSs. I don’t have much experience in MMORPGs and don’t have many stories to tell about those, but by all means post ‘em if you’ve got ‘em.

Counter-Strike

Hackers go on a rampage using Apache helicopters, magic carpets, forklifts, and other tools of destruction.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQhs3y2Lc-E

World of Warcraft - Funeral Raid
A group of players decides to interrupt an in-game funeral.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw

Lord British is Killed
During the beta test for Ultima Online, a clever player used a scroll of fire field to kill Lord British, who up until that moment had been thought to be an invincible, developer-controlled lord of the realm.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_British#Assassination_of_Lord_British

Lame stories of my own griefing fun

Battlefield 1942
By and large I played this game seriously, but on terrible public servers it was so ridiculously easy to rank near or at the top of the charts round after round that I eventually resorted to griefing for fun.

Ghost Ridin’
They may have fixed this at some point, but for the longest time you could climb out of a jeep right before plowing into a teammate or driving over an ocean cliff (with a teammate in the passenger seat). This resulted in no teamkill penalty, and people hated running around on foot so much that it was child’s play to find an eager passenger.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fZJp3_Pbfrk&feature=related
Video demonstrating the dangers of the jeep (the Axis equivalent)

Hard a larboard!
On maps involving carriers, you could steer the aircraft carrier to the left as planes were taking off from the flight deck, causing your team's pilots to crash into wires/posts of the superstructure just beyond the forward bridge. Laggy servers made this a lot easier to pull off. It pissed teammates off to no end. (A few landmines placed on the port side of the carrier would serve as a way to force the pilots to face the ordeal of taking off on the right of the flight deck.)

Diablo

Portal Trick
The Battle.Net for original Diablo was so unsecure against hacks and hostile gamers that joining a public game was tantamount to suicide if you didn’t know what you were doing.

1. Make your player aggressive
2. Clear area of dungeon around a town portal
3. New_Player joins
4. Cast high-level fire walls around portal
5. “Sup dude, just in level 3 killing the Skeleton King. I have a portal up.”
6. Collect items from New_Player’s remains

Example of a town portal to a dangerous spot.

Greed is Good
In the days of dialup and slow load times, you could start a public game with a name that indicated freebies were being handed out by experienced players. People would flock in for a good while after you’d left the game, wondering when they’d get the item(s).

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Teammates can be so trusting, turning their backs to you...

You Have Been Kicked From The Server
Bazooka to team at spawn. :laugh:

Doorblocker
Some maps in this game were really susceptible to doorblocking griefers. On servers with friendly fire turned off, there would be nothing stopping a single guy from blocking a passage to an objective. The enemy would sit back, defending the objective and leaving you well alone if they had any sense. Meanwhile, your teammates would make comments about your sexuality.

Starsiege: Tribes

Gain command of a transport vehicle of some sort – helicopter, APC, etc. – and once everyone has climbed aboard take them on the scenic tour. Crash into a mountain, plunge into the sea, or something similar to finish the job (try to bail out if you can). I am usually as bad as Toonces. A variation is just ferrying your squad to the middle of nowhere (see below).

”Jump in, guys. I will ferry you to your destination!”

:worship: Quality Griefing :worship:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2886637&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post345408597
Linden - Team Fortress 2 griefing video featuring door blocking, teleporters, & turrets.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2886637&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post345442058
Doctor Fatty - Age of Conan surprise base jumping.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2886637&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=7#post345557615
Arms_Akimbo - Second Life griefing of the John Edwards '08 in-game campaign HQ by supporters of John Edward the TV psychic.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2886637&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=7#post345610180
Isometric Bacon followed up that effort with some more details on Second Life griefing.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2886637&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=11#post345734728
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2886637&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=19#post345860195
FAG ON THE FORUMS - Dating Game Online & Second Life antics

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2886637&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=15#post345806556
Virxas - Ultima Online death portals and bank crashes.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2886637&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=32#post346119085
Blast of Confetti - To Catch a Predator (Second Life edition)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2886637&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=41#post346802465
Ray_ - Stealing an ultimate weapon from a player during the glory days of Ultima Online.

Well, that’s the whole ball of wax. Sorry if it looks like a website from 1996. Post away with your own stuff. :protarget:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Sticky c4 is the greatest thing to happen in the history of griefing.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Pound_Coin posted:

Please elaborate. Is that TF2?

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
You are a horrible horrible person.

Though i love kneecapping stupid people with a rifle butt in Red Orchestra when they're trying to sprint for an objective under fire. And asking people with SSPANZERDIVISION LOL in their username about whether or not they are a nazi.
I don't grief for the hell of it, but sometimes it is just too hilarious not to do

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Pound_Coin posted:

Probably about half the time I invested into Battlefield 2 was variations of suicide bombing with C4 strapped to a vehicle. I could usually manage to jump out of the vehicle and save myself before setting it off. Driving explosive laden jeeps into tanks was probably my favorite.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

buildmyrigdotcom posted:

Probably about half the time I invested into Battlefield 2 was variations of suicide bombing with C4 strapped to a vehicle. I could usually manage to jump out of the vehicle and save myself before setting it off. Driving explosive laden jeeps into tanks was probably my favorite.

Sneak into enemy spawn, C4 on jets, let them take off, fly for a few seconds, pres butan

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Everquest was petty rife with griefing for a while. I know I intentionally ran some trains into groups of opposing guildies who were camping something we wanted. When you were a monk, it was pretty drat easy to do. It was highly encouraged by guildmates at the time, but in retrospect I realize I probably cost them several hours worth of exp loss and a corpse run and maybe ruined their nights!

Of course the major stories of the time were when you would consent for someone to drag your corpse to safety, and instead they'd delete all your hard won loot. I was never a mean enough rear end in a top hat to pull that one but a surprisingly large number of EQ players did it.

Casual Combustion
Jan 12, 2003

I've never actually played EQ but this is probably one of the funniest things I've ever read about it.

http://www.notaddicted.com/fansythefamous.php

wwqd1123
Mar 3, 2003
In battle.net team games of Starcraft, you haven't truly won until you've crushed the other team and back stabbed all of your teammates.

cuntrageous
Jun 6, 2008

My ban/kick record just scratches the surface of the terrible things I do.

DapperDan
Mar 30, 2005
I think griefing is hilarious with one exception. Plain old team-killing with grenades or just shooting them is so boring and unfunny. If you are over the age of 12 and do this you should be ashamed of yourself.

mexpak
Nov 9, 2006
Everquest

A while ago Sony released Everquest Titanium, which was I think their first mega-compilation of the game. My friend and I along with a few old guildies we still chatted with all picked it up to dick around for a bit until we got bored again. At the time, there were these repeatable quests that you could do with characters of any level, as they turned you into a group of humans all the same level.

There was one quest in particular that was really easy and gave a lot of xp. It had a 40 min reset, and took around 20 min to do if people knew what they were doing, so this ended up being mega popular. The hub zone for the quest, HighHoldPass, was packed with anywhere from 300-500 people round the clock.

One of my group remembered that there was some old unkillable or at least retardedly powerful rogue epic quest giver or something elsewhere in the zone, who is kos to nearly everyone. So we had our necro dude pull him down to the swarm of people and feign death. This mob went on an epic loving rampage, the zone population dwindled down to under 20 at times, between people dying/fleeing to zonelines to get the gently caress out of the way.

This was extremely hilarious, and yet we thought on how to heighten the faggotry even more. Another dudes alt was a paladin, who around mid-level get a lovely, no xp giving ressurection spell. He started rezzing people, none of which clued into the fact they would get no xp from the rez. Of course, we were keeping the mob agro there, so he would end up killing them over and over again.

Thanks to SoEs awful customer service, we were able to do this until we got bored, then come back the next day and do it over again.

Thello
Jan 14, 2007

Captain's Log...
I just uploaded this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57mrEnpyHSM

It's a video I made three or so years ago when Zul Gurub came out in WoW. Basically, there was a glitch involving the last boss and a debuff that allowed you to kill members of your own faction. People were pretty irate considering it didn't actually cost them anything but a 30 second walk back when they died.

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation

cuntrageous posted:

My ban/kick record just scratches the surface of the terrible things I do.

Harrm you missed it but Kurz, Dukka, Boofy and I were playing on Hoch when half-way through I started artying all their artillery pieces, but couldn't do much because they all retaliated and my poo poo got destroyed. Then I ran a firefly up next to their arty pieces and told it to attack ground, destroying their 25lbers.

Finger Sandwiches
Jul 12, 2000

Perfect for getting that last bit of food from across the table.
This really only works if it's two small teams, and your team is all friends.

We used to play hide and seek occasionally in clan arena games. At least one player suicides at the start of a round, then spectates the other team, calling out enemy positions over teamspeak.

Surviving players make no attempt to kill the enemy team, their only goal is to remain hidden until the other team goes insane with rage, suicides to end the match or quits.

StickFigs
Sep 5, 2004

"It's time to choose."
In Counter-Strike Source me and a friend used to climb up to the rooftop in cs_assault where you weren't supposed to be and we would drop one of our pistols in the middle of the roof and use our scout sniper rifles to play hockey with the pistol while the other team sat there swearing until the timer ran out.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I think all I ever did in battlefield 2 was put sticky C4 on absolutely everything. Constantly kamikaze bombing absolutely everything and putting C4 on all the planes was hilarious. Someone gets in, takes off, boom.

Booga
Aug 20, 2007

The new update for TF2 gave the pyro class the ability to push people away with an air blast, it's quite a useful tool for clearing sticky bombs, pushing away attackers who could easily kill you and deflecting projectiles. I've been using it to push stickies into my own teams spawn area and, when given the chance, chasing down enemy spies and keeping them pushed against walls until my ammo runs out and then meleeing them once they try to run away.

Also with the medic update came the uber saw. It charges your uber by 25% on every hit. The day I got it I got a friend to be an enemy spy, healed him and sawed him and then ubered him just so he could sap my own teams buildings in complete safety.

TF2 is amazingly grief friendly.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I had a friend who loved to fly aircraft carriers along, minding his own business, and laughing that nobody noticed the C4 he planted on the plane, so when he jumps out, you can hear a few folks go "what the-" and then the plane explodes.

He lasted about two minutes on any given server, but he had fun.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

I only grief because I hate that map so much, but all my friends still play it. When the admin being teleported in that picture threatened to kick me I ran around ubering snipers.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
e: Nevermind.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 2, 2012

Mantis of Atlantis
Aug 7, 2006

I have lens envy
While not as creative as some of the other things posted, in COD4 you can easily block doorways just by standing in them. I try to make sure I stop in a doorway every time I go away from the console for a while.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

moomoocowsly posted:

While not as creative as some of the other things posted, in COD4 you can easily block doorways just by standing in them. I try to make sure I stop in a doorway every time I go away from the console for a while.
Back in the day, you and a friend could trap the entire terrorist team in their spawn on CS_Siege by standing in the doorway and air vent, and new players often didn't know about the vent. If I was having a bad day there would be five minutes of people bitching while I pretended not to speak english followed by one grenade that ended it all.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 27, 2008

Canadian Surf Club
Feb 15, 2008

Word.
Generally just piloting a blackhawk full of people in Battlefield 2 then proceeding to ram enemy vehicles

Alternatively, a group of friends and I would play MEC (Gulf of Omen 24/7), all choose sniper, then load up into a helicopter, fly up high so no jet would see us, then hover over to the aircraft carrier, parachute down, then proceed to sniper people on the carrier deck and as they tried to jump into vehicles.

I remember the sniper unlock was able to shoot through the windshields of vehicles, so people hopping into helicopters was funny because their head would pop up in the cockpit, the rotors would warm up, sometimes they'd try to turn the helicopter if they knew you were there, but they would usually get instantly sniped and the helicopter would go back to idling

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Shumagorath posted:

Back in the day, you and a friend could trap their entire terrorist team in their spawn on CS_Siege by standing in the doorway and air vent, and new players often didn't know about the vent. If I was having a bad day there would be five minutes of people bitching while I pretended not to speak english followed by one grenade that ended it all.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sqr_j-bEwHI

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004
I many not go down in history but I'll go down on you sister.

moomoocowsly posted:

I think one of my favorite griefing videos is a CS:S video where some guy stands in a vent, preventing this one guy from going through. The vent recording was hilarious.

^^^ Beaten by seconds

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

nitty gritty titty posted:

I remember the sniper unlock was able to shoot through the windshields of vehicles, so people hopping into helicopters was funny because their head would pop up in the cockpit, the rotors would warm up, sometimes they'd try to turn the helicopter if they knew you were there, but they would usually get instantly sniped and the helicopter would go back to idling

Awesome. That's kind of like what happened to the chopper that was trying to take off in Predator.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
In UT2K4, you could take the vehicles on assault maps and just drive them around and never complete objectives, or keep them in a spawn point. On one map in particular where you start with 2 tanks, you can run them off the edge of a platform into an abyss, where they won't blow up, but float and never go away, so your team will have 0 tanks and it will make the map nearly impossible. With a small group of people, you can completely ruin any sort of fun that people can have on UT2K4.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
In Halo 3, if we're playing on SWAT (headshot = kill, no shields), I fire as soon as it comes up from black no matter what. I usually get a betrayal, then I move on.

Also, I tend to stick grenades to the back of people quite a bit to make dog-bombs. Hey pubby, if you're going to die I'm going to make sure you kill a couple of people on your way there. :c00l:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
Fat Dragon > yuo

http://www.planetfortress.com/postalshop/phattf.html

This is back in qwtf:

quote:

Dear Bundy:

TRUE TALES OF THE FAT DRAGON!
Don't use my real name. But this is all COMPLETELY true, and I thougt you might like it for your dear Bundy page or even a feature. I didn't get a demo recorded. If I'd known how hysterical it was going to turn out, I would have !-mystery person... call me... "THE WATCHER!"

PULP FACT:

Fat Dragon played tonight. While looking for a game, I saw his name. I went to observer mode, and followed him. What follows is a TRUE STORY. Only the names were changed to protect the abused...

Fat Dragon autoteams. No one else does. Fat Dragon is on the red team with 2 other guys. There are 9 players on the Blue team.

RED GUY: "Hey, someone switch teams."

FAT DRAGON: "OK."

Fat Dragon switches teams. There are now 2 red guys and 9 blue guys. No one else switches. 2 more red guys join, and a blue eventually drops, but no one switches. It is for this reason that you must not have sympathy for the 9 blue guys who now must suffer the indignity of having Fat Dragon on their team. They will pay the price for this unwillingness to play fair. And Fat Dragon is that price.

For starters, he ran out and got sniped. So you know what he did? He asked the snipers not to "shot" him. He said, "dont shot me! on newswir it said if i say i wont kil you then you wont shot me, so dont shot me!!! i wont kil any sniprs!!!!!"

I swear this is all true. You won't believe the next part. It's true. At midnight on February twenty-fifth, all occured...

So, then Fat Dragon says, "I wil go to the bridge and jump up and down so you no who i am and you no not to shot me ok?"

Answer: "No. I will kill you."

FAT DRAGON: "no! dont shot me! i wont kil you! i wil go to the bridge and jump up and down!"

So FatDragon goes to the bridge. The sniper gets a glancing blow. some damage.

FAT DRAGON: "It's me! dont shot! it's me!" And he jumps up and down.

The sniper draws a bead. He fires. Fat Dragon jumps up and down.

The sniper missed. Fat Dragon jumped up and down in the same spot on 2fort5 for 10 seconds straight saying, "dont shot me" over and over, and the sniper missed. twice.

Then a rocket passed overhead. The sniper ducked behind the wall to avoid the rocket. Fat Dragon ran inside.

FAT DRAGON: "it workd! i said dont shot me and he didnt shot me!! it worked!"

Inside the RED base, an Engineer had build a sentry gun in the ramp room. A BLUE engineer.

BLUE ENGINEER: "Don't shoot the sentry in the RED room! It's ours!"

Fat Dragon immediately opened fire. The engineer ran up to him.

ENGINEER: "Stop shooting the sentry!"

FAT DRAGON: "A SPY!"

Fat dragon immediately opened fire. In the chaos that followed, the Red team was able to destroy the unfairly placed sentry gun.

ENGINEER: "Moron!"

Fat Dragon ran out onto the bridge. Four Blue guys were standing on the bridge, shooting anyone who left the red fort. The odds were greatly against the Red team.

FAT DRAGON: "SPIES!"

Fat Dragon ran up behind the Spies that were facing the red fort. He shot the soldier in the feet. The soldier went flying into the water. He shot the Demoman in the feet. The demoman soared into the water. The Other soldier and the Sniper soon followed.

The path cleared of RED SPIES, Fat Dragon charged the enemy Fort single handedly.

Then something amazing happened. There was no defense. FAT DRAGON GOT THE FLAG.

Of course, he did the only thing he could do. He started jumping up and down in the flag room shouting: "fat dragon gots the flagggg!!1!!!!" over and over

He stayed in the enemy flag room for about 1 minute shouting this before his teammates started asking where the hell he was.

After 2 minutes, some teammaates showed up. A solder and a scout.

Fat Dragon yelled, "SPIES!" and began shooting them. After a while they explained things to him: "Stop shooting you dumb f***, we're on the same f***ing team!"

FAT DRAGON: "taht was youre fault."

The 2 blue guys stand there. Fat Dragon jumped up and down.

FAT DRAGON: "I gots the flaggtggg!!1!!!11"

They jumped up and down. Fat Dragon jumped up and down. They ran from the room, leading the way to the flag. Fat Dragon jumped up and down.

The scout died in the hallway. The soldier returned.

SOLDIER: "Follow me, dumass!"

FAT DRAGON: "Yea dumass! follow him!"

SOLDIER: "No, you follow me, Fat Dragon."

FAT DRAGON: "Ok. dumass stay heer."

So fat dragon follows. But he makes a wrong turn and ends up in the bottom of the elevator room.

Then he dies. Blows himself up.

BLUE GUY: "Christ what an idiot."

FAT DRAGON: "yea! you didiot!"

So the enemy gets our flag. Fat Dragon is oblivious. He's now a demoman, and he's spamming the bridge. No one's on the bridge, but he's spamming it just in case. Of course, the guy with the flag runs into one of his grenades and drops the flag.

FAT DRAGON: "Fat Dragon Rulllsssss!!!!!!!"

Fat Dragon runs out onto the bridge firing a dozen or so grenades. He dies. The enemy running for the flag dies too. Fat Dragon does it again. Same thing happens. He does it again. This time, he sets a 5 second detpack in front of the flag. Then he stands there. The enemy runs out. BOOM.
They die.

BLUE GUY: "Guard the flag with PIPEBOMBS, you idiot!"

FAT DRAGON: "yea, you gay fag! use pipboms!"

Fat Dragon runs out again. He spams the bridge. Kills one guy going for the flag. the second gets it though.

The flag is captured. Interestingly enough, even though everyone is calling Fat Dragon an idiot at this point, he is the ONLY person who was defending the flag, and he managed to stop 4 attempts on it. Perhaps 5. It just goes to show that idiocy is relative.

At this point, someone from the blue team has the red flag.

BLUE GUY: "Cover me!"

FAT DRAGON: "OK!"

Fat Dragon runs out the blue base. The guy with the flag runs out the red base. They run towards each other. A sniper draws a bead on Fat Dragon. Fat dragon jumps up and down.

FAT DRAGON: "its me! dont shot!"

The sniper fires. He kills the guy with the flag. Fat Dragon runs into the red base to get the enemy flag. On his way, he touches the enemy flag sitting on the bridge. Apparently, he didn't notice, becuase he ran into the enemy base with it.

BLUE GUY: "NO! YOU MORON! THAT'S THE WRONG WAY!"

Fat Dragon fights his way past the guards. Destroys a sentry. Down the ramp. He makes it all the way to the enemy flag room.

FAT DRAGON: "Where's the flag?"

BLUE GUY: "You have it!"

FAT DRAGON: "I am hiding in the enemy flag room! dont tell!"

A blue soldier makes it into the flag room. He hides in the shadow area between the two entrances. Fat dragon stands on the flag stand in the light, glowing. He cannot be missed.

A pyro runs into the room. He battles the soldier in the shadows. Fat Dragon stands there and watches. The pyro kills the soldier. Then the pyro leaves. He never sees Fat Dragon.

Once again, ignorance is proven to be relative.

Fat Dragon gets bored. He leaves. He gets killed trying to get into the enemy downstairs resupply.

One of the members of the Blue team tells Fat Dragon that he(the BLUE GUY) is gay. Fat Dragon gets confused.

FAT DRAGON: "im confusd. i wont play with no gay fags."

BLUE GUY: "And I love you. I LOVE YOU."

FAT DRAGON: "im quiting"

BLUE GUY: "Love..."

FAT DRAGON: "btw i hate you all"

And Fat Dragon quits.

This is a true story. Every bit of it. Even the dumb Pyro. I left out some of the more boring bits. I left out Fat Dragon blowing himself up 7 times in a row. But the rest is true. Know this, o' true believer... that if you play unfair, and you join the fullest team... then you refuse to join the weaker team, the gods will frown upon you, and FAT DRAGON will decend from above and join with you to make your defeat at the hands of vastly inferior numbers a foregone conclusion.

-The Watcher

dAnni
Mar 7, 2006

I am the champ...
For those of us that play or used to play Ultima Online, we can always look back and remember the infamous stories of Belan, the noble looter.

http://www.askcorran.com/belan/episodes.html (stories told with pictures too)

conBLACK
Sep 12, 2006
BOING! ZOOM! HELLO?

:dukedog:
In Starsiege Tribes I always used to pick a stupid name and stand on top of my teammates' heads so they couldn't move and look down at them until they got mad and quit.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003
I always loved raiding towns of the opposite faction in World of Warcraft. In a small town you could take down all of the quest targets without much effort. And it even worked on the PvE servers.

Puffy
Aug 12, 2003

Rah Rah! Puff Puff!
Rah Rah! Puff Puff!
I prefer griefing that is only a mild irritant. I take credit for starting the Maple Story phenomenon of stripping naked and chasing people silently making the angry face. Since I was the only person over 16 to play that game, my victim's comments were pure joy.

"what u want"

"why r u following me"

"wtf"

"OMG WTF DO U WANT"

"STOP STARING AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@"

Why don't you make me? Oh right, there's no PvP and you can't. :colbert:

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.
In BF1942 I was adept at ramming a ship into enemy ships, it would flip them but they would never be destroyed, couldn't move or fire, and were a bitch to re-flip. One time I used a small cruiser to push a jap aircraft carrier into the shallow water, right in front of allied flak guns.

But I guess that doesn't count so...

Tekninja
Dec 23, 2007
DIY Hacking Instructor

DakianDelomast posted:

I always loved raiding towns of the opposite faction in World of Warcraft. In a small town you could take down all of the quest targets without much effort. And it even worked on the PvE servers.

that is some serious griefing

PabloBOOM
Mar 10, 2004
Hunchback of DOOM
Again with the Battlefield 2 griefing. My all-time favorite grief was on a map with an aircraft carrier (ie Wake Island) where you could squad up on the PLA and grab the transport chopper. You have your squad leader fly the chopper up to a few hundred meters right over the US's aircraft carrier and the squad members jump out to land on the carrier below to harass the entire opposing team spawning on the deck, and respawn on the squad leader back in the chopper to jump and repeat. It only really works when the US hasn't captured any flags yet, but is a fantastic way to grief a team when your chopper is too high to shoot down.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
i stand in front of snipers in tf2 and taunt

Dirk Hardpec
May 2, 2008
In hardcore mode on COD4, you can easily take out your entire team with one well placed RPG shot at the beginning of the round. Wait for spawn, shoot at teammates feet and the splash damage kills your entire team if you do it right.

If you do this in search and destroy mode they're stuck waiting a couple of minutes until the next round starts, so if you do it right you can keep an entire team unable to spawn for quite a while. People come loving UNGLUED when you do this, it's quite entertaining for loving with players you don't like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. West
Jul 25, 2007

Of course I first had to kill the man with some ingenious plan
There is this Synergy map that somehow places you next to a ledge only reachable by the constantly-spawning crates. Therefore, I waited until I was the last person to get up to the ledge, and shot the crate out from under the second-to-last guy. He gets slightly pissed, calls me an idiot, and gets another. I wait for him to get it just right and jump on, then shoot it out from under him again. This process continues with him calling votebans and votekicks on me with not results, and I eventually have to start whacking the crates with my crowbar because I'm out of ammo.

This continues until the map is over

• Locked thread