Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
email
Sep 8, 2005

wwqd1123 posted:

In battle.net team games of Starcraft, you haven't truly won until you've crushed the other team and back stabbed all of your teammates.

Our team lost many a time thanks to early betrayal....sometimes waiting for the other team to be killed off takes too long. You've got to get the first strike in! Also durring the 2000 elections there were a bunch of Gore v Bush maps. We would download them then modify the odds so that Gore couldn't win and go around spreading the joy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linden
May 6, 2007

"It's a magical world...Let's go exploring!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUPzN7tp7bQ

ProteinShoes
Apr 5, 2004
Formerly: Urok 2/19/10000 BC
In the golden days of Tribes, forum user Brick Toughneck and I used to spend our evenings crashing servers running the Shifter mod. The technique was to have one player on each team, and to have both players set their team's limit of satchel charges in one single spot on the map, way out in the boonies to avoid getting messed with. After deploying the absolute limit of these things, we would say something obnoxious then shoot at the satchel charges. Instead of seeing a tremendous explosion, a small red phonejack would appear in the top right corner letting us know our work was done.

PeenCommander
Jun 24, 2008

that was great

"loving yanks man"

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!
Back when I played Ragnarok Online, I had to be one of the very first people to tame a Bongun. What a Bongun is isn't especially important. What matters is understanding that pets would sometimes speak once you've fed them enough and made them happy. The plan was to max out the pet's happiness and sell it off for ungodly amounts of money to Bongun fans. However, something strange happened.

Barely a second after the last feeding, Bongun spoke. Then the game client crashed. I knew right then that the update that introduced the ability to tame a Bongun didn't include a translation of the things it says. I then proceeded to make Prontera a ghost town by running down streets PACKED with vending merchants until Bongun spoke and logged them all out. I eventually started getting threats and chickened out, so I just decided to sell off my Bongun of doom before more entered the economy.

Other than that, there are the usual stories. Things like mob training a map full of argiopes (giant red centipedes that one-shot mages that level on them) or following lowbies around and buffing anything they fight. Being a priest was awesome.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I would spend hours on Ragnarok Online, hunting trees and grabbing all the branches I could get and if anyone didn't like my prices, I would spawn dozens of monsters on AFK people outside of towns for the exp. penalties.
Knights were strong enough to take a couple hits since branches spawn random monsters right on me and most spawns would kill weaker classes. That huge knight on a shadow horse, rushing and instant killing dozens of people was always worth the panicked reactions and angry chat.

The emoticons from green poring pets kept me going despite the sheer boredom.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
Diablo 2 has a hardcore mode that was a hell of a lot more fun than the normal. Here was my typical, run 5 times a day scheme:

When someone died, the death text would be gold, but normal typing text would be white. This made it impossible to fake your death because the colour would be incorrect. There was, however, a hack that let you type in any colour that you want. Since the text format was "Verviticus: blah" and death looked like "Verviticus was slain by an Elf", you'd have to make a line of garbage text, followed by a solid line of "Verviticus was slain by Player".

A friend and I would hang out in the hardcore channel and message people the following: "Hey, I'm about to duel someone and I need someone to loot my corpse. I hate this guy so I'm not gonna get him to do it and I dont have any friends on. Come help me out?"

Of course, a lot of greedy (and totally innocent helpful) people fell for it and joined the game. He then invites them to group and clickes the button to let them loot his corpse. This was the tricky part.

People ALWAYS accept group because it was second nature, and about 25% of the time they auto-looted as well for the same reason. The last 75% had to be convinced - half of these would be convinced by a simple "loot up", and the other half had to be talked into it. Popular reasons included:

"I don't feel comfortable unless you enable it"
"What if that rear end in a top hat PKs you?"
"Oh it's second habit (hope for the best)"

If they loot up, good - if not, oh well!

I then hostile the "group", unhostile my friend and run outside. If people bitch and complain, my friend immediately runs out and I pretend to be busy fighting my friend. We'd put on a good show, and then I'd run into the cave and say my death script (practiced with the person on mute prior to the fight). My friend then lures them to the cave to loot me, as I'm pleading with them to do so. When they come down, I crush them while they're loading the cave, loot their stuff if they were convinced, and then wait for them to leave. We would then exit, and divy their gear up to us and their mules :)

Another fun way to kill people involved killing people by loading a portal up with fire and hostiling them as soon as I got back into town - arcane sanctuary was AWESOME for this because they had no way to escape that platform near the entrance.

The best part about all of this was that in hardcore diablo, there was no reusing a dead character, meaning they'd lose everything they had in a matter of minutes. Man, I wish I could do that right now :(

Two-Dogs
Oct 15, 2005

We hunt in packs

lmao, than you for this. The laughter hurt so good.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

99 w00tballons
May 1, 2008
For those of you who have played Anarchy Online, you might know that you can HTML script ingame, which has a huge number of legitimate uses, anything from being able to make a shop over chat, to just being able to use certain preprogrammed phrases in color (ie: HOLY gently caress I'M ABOUT TO DIE HELP in red). Of course, in adition to these legitimate uses, Funcom added in the ability to change some of the game options through scripts. One in particular, around which my story centers, is the /viewdist command, which controlled draw distance for the game.

I had a character which I planned on deleting, and rerolling under a different name. However, I was sort of bored that day, so I decided that, before I did so, I would switch to the opposite side (clan), and maybe just do some spamming with various colors. What ended coming out of what should have been a few minutes typing up a small script to shout "Omni-Tek Protects" in various colors infinatly, was some sort of behemoth script (it ended up calling 3 or 4 other scripts because, if a single script was too long, the game client would crash), which would put a link into chat (the link would appear in different colors, and be auto spammed in vicinity, shout, and OOC chat every 30 seconds), which, when clicked would A) Cause the effected person to shout "IM A loving NOOB WHO CLICKS RANDOM LINKS" in their Organization (think guild), shout, and OOC chats 50 times in a second, and then the same 15 seconds later, both of which would overflow their chat limits preventing them from talking for 10 seconds afterwards, and B) Set their viewdistance to 0, which would cause the entire game to appear as a grey fog except for a small circle around their character.

Needless to say, this was perhaps the most hilarious thing I ever saw, with people shouting "IM A loving NOOB WHO CLICKS RANDOM LINKS" all over, followed by "I GOT HAXXED HOW DO I UNHAXX MYSELF?!?!", or at least, it was till I got a permaban on my main and a random alt account. Still, it was defiantly worth it.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Bahahahahahahahaha I had no idea you could jam the doors like that.

Lolll at trivia god this guy is good. Is he a goon?

Whoa. Wife Turds fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 27, 2008

bondster
May 6, 2007

In the beginning days of WoW, there was a 30 elite abomination named Stitches that would only spawn for a quest. 2 players spawned him, and then proceeded to kite him all the way to a questing hub town that were for level 6-10 players. It took about 30 minutes of getting a hopeful hit and then getting one-shotted for the low levels to kill Stitches and the 2 players were banned afterwards.

God those were the good old days.

The Year 20XX
Mar 26, 2008

Minimal typos.

Wow, I can't believe people actually put up with that poo poo instead of finding another server.

Hilarious.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

bondster posted:

In the beginning days of WoW, there was a 30 elite abomination named Stitches that would only spawn for a quest. 2 players spawned him, and then proceeded to kite him all the way to a questing hub town that were for level 6-10 players.

That's good. I read once that there was some giant demon near the Dark Portal, and that it was kited a long distance to Stormwind City?

Edit: found it
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/kazak-pwns-stormwind-city/226451896

WoW_Wiki posted:

Your group will have exactly three minutes to finish the demon off. If you fail to kill him in that time due to lack of DPS, people dying or not dispelling Twisted Reflection properly, Lord Kazzak will enter what is called the Supreme Mode. Named after his yell once it triggers, the supreme mode causes him to cast his Shadowbolt every second. That's 800-1000 DPS on everyone, and that means a wipe.

LLCoolJD fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jun 27, 2008

MrPeanut
Mar 11, 2005

My word!

Verviticus posted:

Diablo 2

Haha, your story brought up some good times I used to have in early Diablo 2 Battle.net. I had a similar scam, then pop their corpses deal, but mine was a little different.

I would make a game called "Free duped SOJZ" that had only 3 slots. These would include me, the soon to be scammed, and my fake satisfied customer.

First, my accomplice and I would wait until someone entered the room. Whenever someone did, we would pretend like we were midway through the duping process. He would go through the motions I had set up, pick up his body and go OMFG SOJZ NO WAY DUDE IT TOTALLY WORKS WOW SWEET, then run to the stash to put away all his new poo poo. Then the new guy would be like wow... so it works... SOJZ PLZ

Then, the duping process began. I had the whole thing worked out, and kept it consistent so that I could do it to my accomplice and make the customer feel all warm and gooey. The process, IIRC, went:

1. Drop items into stash, Kill customer
2. Drop a Super healing potion on the body (to become the duped SoJ or some bullshit)
3. Run my magical SoJ making program (basically me saying "brb loading program")
4. Have customer put on his items, and pick up the potion then his body

3.5 Kill customer then loot his poo poo :ninja:

This worked because any items on your current character would drop to the ground if you already had a body.

The best part was running out of the room with your friend and divvying up the booty. The whole time you would sit in the room, exchanging items, and laugh at all the hilarious poo poo over whispers we would get. 9/10 would be "OMG I'm reporting you to blizzard fagggggasdfasdf!!!" and my response would be "ya, let them know how you tried to dupe some sojz, and I'm sure they'll care". The best were the ones where I was going to get my rear end kicked IRL because they found my IP.

You'd be surprised how many retards would fall for this poo poo. I know because thats how I learned about it :c00l:

MrPeanut fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 27, 2008

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Swat 4 was fantastic for griefing.

If you went all non-lethal you could pepper and taze your friendlies all day and they wouldn't be able to move.

And bonus points if you can subdue some foes with the non-lethal weapons. Cause it pisses enemies the gently caress off to be caught by someone with a non-lethal weapon loadout.

Edit: Hahahahahah http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5QOqyIizhk

Ziploc fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 27, 2008

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

buildmyrigdotcom posted:

Probably about half the time I invested into Battlefield 2 was variations of suicide bombing with C4 strapped to a vehicle. I could usually manage to jump out of the vehicle and save myself before setting it off. Driving explosive laden jeeps into tanks was probably my favorite.

I did this a lot, but not really for griefing. As a spec op, straping your C4 onto the front of a keep or buggy and ramming a tank, jump the last second and click, was a great way to take them out.

In the MMO Asherons Call there was an area called Fort Teth. At the time, it was one of the most populated areas in the game, always very crowded. Peopel were coming and leaving constantly, you might find 300 people there at peak time. There were in fact 300 people there at peak time. It was on the other side of the game world from most of the populated cities and in the middle of a (huge) hostile region, which took up roughly a third of the game world. Asherons Call did not have zones, it was one massive, seamless world.

Also in this game was the dread Killer Bunny. This bunny was not seriously meant to be killed, really it was a monty python joke. It had never been killed up to this point. The bunny was a an hour and 10 minute run from Fort Teth from it's cave. The rabbit could outrun well, anyone, though with a fast player, it might take some time to catch up. It always automatically targeted the closest player. Myself and a large group of compatriots got in fighting range and then, ran. It kept killing us but we had enough people in on this to keep it chasing after us the whole way.

Finally it got to Fort Teth... and the slaughter began. In AC if you died, your corpse dropped your a few of your best items, though no one but you could get the items for hours. Fort Teth being a hub of the game, people would bring their mules there, low level characters filled with loot to trade and no combat ability. The rabbit arrived and... the slaughter began. It went on for close to 5 hours. The game had poor path finding AI, once the rabbit was in the fort it coudl not get out, but it COULD attack anyone in range. The ground was so covered in corpses you could not see it in large patches. At first people were calling in allegiance(guild) mates to make an event out of it, to try to kill the dreaded rabbit. Then it turned to desperation. People died and starting losing seriously great loot but they could not go to recover them because the rabbit would one shot everyone who showed up. The rabbit went unkilled, but people kept coming in for hours and hours, just logging in, having no idea what awaited them and instantly dying. Most would come back after dying to see what happened and... die again.

It was a thing of beauty.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jun 27, 2008

Warezd Quake
Jan 18, 2008
The only fun I ever had in Gears of War was letting my brother teamkill and gently caress around while I baited and trolled the other people on voice chat.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
I'm not into griefing, but nothing can compare to the griefing possible in Space Station 13.

My favorite classic is mislabeling/misfilling containers. Stealthily empty all the oxygen tanks and fill them with a toxic gas and place them back in the emergency lockers, then use the radio to announce there's no air in the main corridor. For bonus points, pull the oxygen tanks off the dead bodies and put them back in the lockers. This also works well for pill jars in medical bay; relabeling some nicely lethal pill as "anti-toxin" works for a double whammy.

On that matter, re-programming the AI to think oxygen is toxic to humans works well too.

Diogines posted:

Finally it got to Fort Teth... and the slaughter began. In AC if you died, your corpse dropped your a few of your best items, though no one but you could get the items for hours. Fort Teth being a hub of the game, people would bring their mules there, low level characters filled with loot to trade and no combat ability. The rabbit arrived and... the slaughter began. It went on for close to 5 hours. The game had poor path finding AI, once the rabbit was in the fort it coudl not get out, but it COULD attack anyone in range. The ground was so covered in corpses you could not see it in large patches. At first people were calling in allegiance(guild) mates to make an event out of it, to try to kill the dreaded rabbit. Then it turned to desperation. People died and starting losing seriously great loot but they could not go to recover them because the rabbit would one shot everyone who showed up. The rabbit went unkilled, but people kept coming in for hours and hours, just logging in, having no idea what awaited them and instantly dying. Most would come back after dying to see what happened and... die again.

Don't forget that in Asheron's Call monsters leveled up from killing players :)

Bremen fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jun 27, 2008

LlamaGod
Sep 15, 2005
Mine is similar to the Diablo portal one in the OP.

In Diablo 2 there is a Hardcore Mode. The way it works is you make a character and when you die, that character is gone forever. No coming back period.

What I used to do all the time was join a game with a few lower level people in it and party up. I'd then go down to say, the catacombs (the last part of the first area) and lure tons of monsters around my town portal.

Then I would see who one of the lower level characters is in the game and say something along the lines of "Hey (target's name), theres a good item for your character in my town portal that just dropped. Come and grab it if you want it"

They always came. They almost never escaped.

I had a lot of people pissed off at me for short periods of time, needless to say. I got my laughs out of it though.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

LLCoolJD posted:

That's good. I read once that there was some giant demon near the Dark Portal, and that it was kited a long distance to Stormwind City?
Yeah, Kazzak is the classic boss kite.

There's also some lovely ogre boss that's completely non-threatening, but is literally impossible to kill without a specific quest item. He wound up in Stormwind one day, was distracting to say the least.

miguel sanchez
Jul 1, 2004

by Tiny Fistpump
Quake 3 Rocket Arena. ra3map11, railing my teammates into the void.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Diogines posted:

I did this a lot, but not really for griefing. As a spec op, straping your C4 onto the front of a keep or buggy and ramming a tank, jump the last second and click, was a great way to take them out.

In the MMO Asherons Call there was an area called Fort Teth. At the time, it was one of the most populated areas in the game, always very crowded. Peopel were coming and leaving constantly, you might find 300 people there at peak time. There were in fact 300 people there at peak time. It was on the other side of the game world from most of the populated cities and in the middle of a (huge) hostile region, which took up roughly a third of the game world. Asherons Call did not have zones, it was one massive, seamless world.

Also in this game was the dread Killer Bunny. This bunny was not seriously meant to be killed, really it was a monty python joke. It had never been killed up to this point. The bunny was a an hour and 10 minute run from Fort Teth from it's cave. The rabbit could outrun well, anyone, though with a fast player, it might take some time to catch up. It always automatically targeted the closest player. Myself and a large group of compatriots got in fighting range and then, ran. It kept killing us but we had enough people in on this to keep it chasing after us the whole way.

So how did it end if nobody could kill it.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

bondster posted:

In the beginning days of WoW, there was a 30 elite abomination named Stitches that would only spawn for a quest. 2 players spawned him, and then proceeded to kite him all the way to a questing hub town that were for level 6-10 players. It took about 30 minutes of getting a hopeful hit and then getting one-shotted for the low levels to kill Stitches and the 2 players were banned afterwards.

God those were the good old days.
You could kite the "immortal" skeleton quest mobs from Samp of Sorrows to Stormwind, and they would kill random newbies and end up with 30-50 guards fighting them, and never die. If you think kiting Stitches is a feat since he didn't even move at base run speed, then, well, yeah... :colbert:

Also, any half-decent hunter can kite an extremely large mob the length of a continent in WoW, if they're any good. In the raiding guild where I was hunter lead for about a year, we'd regularly get all of our hunters together and have kiting contests, where we'd kite dragons and stuff to Ironforge or Stormwind. With the unkillable undead mobs, we'd each kite one, and then see who was the last one to gently caress up and let it slingshot back to its spawnpoint, but generally about half of our hunters could get their mob to an alliance city, and cause a little havoc with people duelling outside of Ironforge, etc.

I'm still on the fence as to whether it's truer griefing to kill someone by proxy, or to simply kill them and loot their gear, and klill them making them lose exp until they go all the way down to level 1. Purging players used to be pretty common on the MUDs I played, but it wasn't really griefing as much as Darwinian theory in action. :iiam:

ElProducto
Oct 9, 2001
if you want to live low, live low
I always had a lot of fun back when I played WoW being a 40ish warrior with my 40ish druid buddy, and killing low level alliance guys in some cemetary. Almost always we'd kill a few and then then when they called in a 60 we'd run away screaming and make him chase the both of us for a while. Good times.

The Pain
Jun 26, 2006
Animator In Training
I really just prefer the pompous dick approach to griefing. In Call of Duty 4 I'm good, like really drat good. Getting a pretty decent lead on the score-board never takes very long (think 25-1 in the first 4 minutes when the next highest score is 7-3) so what I've done is learn which players are trying to show off (Clans Clan-stacking, one guy named "The Punisher/James Bond" etc.) and just gently caress with them, this works best with all-talk on. Basically I just beat them in score and start mocking them. If they're on my team I'll TK them and explain it as "Doing what's best for the team". They can't talk poo poo, and when they do I just continue to mock them. Without really any recourse but to either quit the server or shut up they usually choose the latter. Sometimes one of them will pull the "If you weren't team-stacking" or may try and beat my score I switch sides and show them up again.

Sometimes I'll quit a server then rejoin just to reset my score and still beat them before the map ends. You'd be surprised just how pissed off an entire clan of people can get when you shatter all of their prides at the same time.

I also play WoW as a Priest on Moon Guard (considered the best and last True RP server in WoW.) Tactic one is Instant Dance Party.
You'll find people all over MG cybering or having cheesy dramatic sword fights and arguments in the taverns around the world. Well the Piccolo of flaming fire is a trinket that makes everyone in a 5 yard radius start dancing. It's pretty easy to "Drama Bomb" them by jumping into the center of the group/orgy and shouting "DANCE PARTY BITCHES!" as Romeo and Juliet turns into Saturday Night Fever. I've been told to die in a fire far more times then I wish to count.

The other is the good old fashioned "Mind control off a cliff / at 3% of their health during a duel and make them aggro a mob. Doing either of these makes them take durability (Their armor is damaged) and is funny as hell to me. Sometimes all you have to do is sit and watched a flagged Horde and they will freak out at your presence so much they aggro too many mobs or forget to heal themselves and get beaten to death.

Also this http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5768255472406147459
(done before the Roomba people <.<)

The Pain fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jun 27, 2008

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

EVE Online is pretty much made for griefers. With a little patience, you could infiltrate any corporation with an alt. Depending on how trusting the corp was or how long you played with them, you could do almost anything to them. This meant anything from simple information gathering to stealing or destroying billions of isk worth of equipment, representing hundreds or even thousands of hours of played time. With a little well-placed sabatoge you could shift the balance of an entire war.

The best part was this was completely allowed within the game's rules. It was almost encouraged, really.

Edit:

The Pain posted:

The other is the good old fashioned "Mind control off a cliff / at 3% of their health during a duel and make them aggro a mob. Doing either of these makes them take durability (Their armor is damaged) and is funny as hell to me. Sometimes all you have to do is sit and watched a flagged Horde and they will freak out at your presence so much they aggro too many mobs or forget to heal themselves and get beaten to death.

I've spent hours at a time just running around Blackrock Mountain MCing people into the lava. Sometimes when I'd be waiting on zeppelin towers I'd duel people and then make them jump off just as the zeppelin starts to pull away. A couple times I'd go into an Alliance lowbie area and MC a mob some level 10 was fighting. They hit the mob, they flag for PvP, I one-shot them. They've since fixed that particular exploit.

Peepers fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jun 27, 2008

The Pain
Jun 26, 2006
Animator In Training

Mr. Peepers posted:

I've spent hours at a time just running around Blackrock Mountain MCing people into the lava.

Oh god how could I forget the lava. Just sit at the bottom of the chain and wait for the unsuspecting flagged Hordie to make his way down towards MC and "Plunk".

Bucksack
May 2, 2008

The Pain posted:

Oh god how could I forget the lava. Just sit at the bottom of the chain and wait for the unsuspecting flagged Hordie to make his way down towards MC and "Plunk".

It's even worse when you duel someone, expecting to have a little fun before a raid or something, and end up wasting like 15 minutes to repair your stuff :bang:

mobn
May 23, 2005

by Ozmaugh

FuzzyMcBunnykins posted:

I've never actually played EQ but this is probably one of the funniest things I've ever read about it.

http://www.notaddicted.com/fansythefamous.php

This is loving amazing.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

The Pain posted:

What is a "flagged" Hordie? I played WoW to endgame and never ran into this terminology.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

What is a "flagged" Hordie? I played WoW to endgame and never ran into this terminology.

You were probably playing on a real man's server. On PvE servers you have to "flag" yourself for PvP, or nobody can attack you.

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004
I never played this game but this is a pretty hilarious grief. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-rl3RPC_Mw

The TF2 griefing videos are absolutely the best ever.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

I enjoy hearing Shawn Elliot's griefing stories on GFW because he sounds like such a loveable arsehole when he gloats about it. It sounds like it's an artform and the examples in this thread are funny too.

fappenmeister fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jun 27, 2008

Desiato
Mar 8, 2006

Thy next foe is...

dAnni posted:

For those of us that play or used to play Ultima Online, we can always look back and remember the infamous stories of Belan, the noble looter.

http://www.askcorran.com/belan/episodes.html (stories told with pictures too)

I've never even played UO before, but having read all these many times before I have to say that Belan is probably the biggest griefer of all time.

There's nothing like stealing peoples gear then offering to sell it back to them at 50% of the actual cost as part of the looter's code.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
;

Crime on a Dime fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Mar 31, 2010

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.
Another awesome UO griefer was Galad, who did a similar style as Belan.
http://looterslair.com/ just click "episodes" on the lefthand side. Picking on the "Azns" was a common thing to do to pass the time, as they would join US servers since they didn't have any of their own until one point. It led to some great exchanges despite the language barriers.

Brings back memories, I haven't had nearly as much fun in any MMO after UO as I did in that game stealing boats and silver vanqs all the time.

PREYING MANTITS fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jun 27, 2008

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
The trivia bit was beautiful.

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI
In Battlefield Vietnam, there was this map where the US spawned on an island and had to get over to the NVA-controlled mainland. On the island there was a air traffic control tower which controlled the spawning of the aircraft. If it were destroyed, the US had no more planes, no helicopters, no nothing. The only way to get off the island other than the helicopters and planes was a dinky little raft which was basically a sitting duck for the Vietnamese. So, of course, I spawned as an engineer and started mortaring the poo poo out of the tower. Within a minute or two it was in ruins. The perplexed members of my team started milling around the airstrip, waiting for planes that would never come. Then, the Vietnamese bombs started falling. Stripped of our aircraft, my team was defenseless against the utter rape that took place over the next 10 minutes, and it was all my fault. Oh my god it was hilarious.

In BF2: filling up a black hawk with teammates and then flying it off the map so they all died for going out of bounds.

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Now you're playing with power.

keratas posted:

I enjoy hearing Shawn Elliot's griefing stories on GFW because he sounds like such a loveable arsehole when he gloats about it. It sounds like it's an artform and the examples in this thread are funny too.

Shawn Elliot is the king of griefing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
"Of the seven wonders of the world, which is still standing?"
"Oh crap."

• Locked thread