Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuke Goes KABOOM
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
You know, you can't have "pubbies" in an MMO. There's no equivalent to CAL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!

The Deadly Hume posted:

That is freaking awesome.

"Laugh at me, will they? I'll show them, I'll show them ALL! Go then, my loyal fungus, teach those fools the meaning of FEAR."

I don't think Major Burns quite did it justice. The number of slimes he created were insane, think an afternoon of exponential growth on six slimes trapped behind some furniture. When he let them out, there would be literally thousands of slimes in a single given square, fanning out in a tidal wave of damage. In the beginning, people tried to fight it- after all, they're only slimes, right?- but attacking a slime in a given square would kill one and invite counter attacks from two dozen others. And that was only if you could one-shot it, if you didn't there was always the chance that it would split again.

Even the npc guards were overwhelmed. An entire swath of the main continent became completely uninhabitable.

It was :rock:.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
In TF2 it's a good laugh to join a game of Warpath as an engineer. I name myself "Don't take this teleporter" and dropped down an entrance down outside of our current spawn. That done I ran way the gently caress back to our original starting point and put down the exit. Anyone who took my teleporter would be confused as to why an engineer is laughing at him.

It's also challenging to try and teleport AFK guys across the map. Hey, just because they aren't there doesn't mean they can't contribute!

Rock Strongo
Dec 24, 2004

"It's said he killed a dragon once...but not this time"
Classic EQ had the most satisfying griefing.

My absolute favorite moment was when my guild was racing another in North Temple of Veeshan. Our guild was making great progress, but there is one point where a large chunk of the dungeon becomes pullable to one spot. Our guild was staged up and buffing for one of the dragons when the other guild drops over the ledge and starts buffing to. They decide to go ahead and pull a dragon (same one we were buffing for) with no warning.

My guild leader tells us to buff resist for another dragon and runs away into the dungeon. The dragon the other guild is fighting is at about 10% when my guilds leader shows up with the other dragon. The combined AE's (they weren't buffed for the one he pulled) wiped their guild in a few seconds, and we proceeded to kill both dragons. They had to summon all their corpses out because we refused to rez anyone.

Don't even get me started on PVP servers. If a player was blacklisted he'd literally have to just stop playing his character because he'd get delevelled down to 1 by whoever he pissed off.

d3adlyc0d3c
Jun 28, 2008
I should have posted this here, where it would attract the right audience:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2888815&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

FYI that thread was not my first post and I'm not running a business or anything. Writing about griefing and following it closely just happens to be a hobby of mine.

The Griefer Herald
http://www.grieferherald.com
Covering all things griefing in virtual worlds.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Not really griefing i guess, but typing in "/me steals 2 Gold and 35 Silver from your pocket" in WoW was good fun.

To everyone nearby, they see "Roblo steals 2 Gold and 35 Silver from your pocket", which if they were new to the game (and didnt realize this was impossible) was an outrage. i got so so so many outraged responses to this, including such gems as "my best friend is a GM he will ban u 4 lyfe" etc etc etc. people followed me around for hours begging for their money back (without actually checking to see if they had lost anything...)

obviously not on the same scale as the great Eve scams or anything, but good to have bound to a hotkey for pressing in the main towns etc...

Gropey C
Feb 26, 2004

Groping one generation at a time

Thello posted:

I just uploaded this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57mrEnpyHSM

It's a video I made three or so years ago when Zul Gurub came out in WoW. Basically, there was a glitch involving the last boss and a debuff that allowed you to kill members of your own faction. People were pretty irate considering it didn't actually cost them anything but a 30 second walk back when they died.

My guild was responsible for this...here is the video
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=sAEhyHiNdrA
I was interviewed by g4 at the time to get a handle on the plague and the actual mechanics.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

ShawnWilkesBooth posted:

Goons have a tendency to call anyone who isn't a goon a pubby

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qO-AX5DGro&NR=1

"Ah poo poo nigga I'm 'bout ta get my bazooka!"

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
How do you get a rune to the rat archers since it's instant death to go through a gate to there?

Splendiferous
May 7, 2006

wah dee dah

The Remote Viewer posted:

How do you get a rune to the rat archers since it's instant death to go through a gate to there?

If you're talking about the UO rat archers, I remember using several blade spirits to distract them while I marked a rune.

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

ShawnWilkesBooth posted:

"pubbie" means "not a goon"

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Come to think of it on the subject of MMOs, i've played Runescape on and off for years (mostly off, but always on free play). Way back when years ago when it was still the cheeky 2D thing and there were two servers with a player cap of 250 or something on each, a friend and I would deal with annoying beggars by telling them that to get free weapons and armour they could do a quest where you had to bring cabbages to a man named "Ice Giant".

Incase it isn't completley obvious, the Ice Giant is a fairly nasty enemy to newcomers, and at the time it was the toughest enemy in the game. Back then there was a "Talk to" option on every NPC as well, hostile or not - so the hapless beggar walks up to this gigantic lumbering blue guy with a big stick hoping for free armour and promptly gets his brains smashed into goo.
To be honest, looking back i'm suprised how utterly clueless some players were about the whole thing that we were able to feed them to the giant in the first place.

Probably my best grief (with the same friend) was in a game called Summoner though. It was a more or less generic RPG with co-op multiplayer - my friend and I found a way to alter the files of the game though, and amusingly the game didn't bother performing any kind of checks for anything on multiplayer, so you could get up to some crazy poo poo. Between us, our bag of tricks included:

- Turning spells from "Can only target enemies" to "Can only target allies", and also giving ourselves spells that were enemy only, such as Poison. This was especially funny with Ice Coffin (a stun spell that only ends if someone hits them)

- loving up the spell's timing, so that instead of casting the spell on one key frame of the animation for it, it cast the spell on every single frame of the cast animation, for still the same cost. I did this to the Meteor Storm spell and it resulted in absolutley everything in range getting hammered by a LINE of meteors falling out of the sky. (It also made a loving horrible noise) This was also amusing to do with Wall of Fire, because you got hit about 50 times a second if you touched the wall and died instantly.

- Teaming up with level 1s, summoning the nastiest creature in the game (big blue smoky thing with an axe) and then casting Death on yourself. Summons go on a rampage if the summoner dies.

- Spamming desynced Wall of Fire over and over until everyone's computer crashed.

- loving with the level files and replacing all the mundane soldier enemies with all sorts of crazy-rear end poo poo that wasn't supposed to be in multiplayer. The worst offender being this big lanky demon which, in the single player, could pick up your characters and throw them around. Turns out this ability makes multiplayer get confused to all gently caress resulting in seeing a random party member start floating around in the air and then get hurled against a wall.

Ylide
Dec 25, 2004
Was it for this, my life, I sought? Maybe so, maybe not.

F201 posted:

"pubbie" means "not a goon"

You're either with us or against us! No, really, public pickup groups in any game be it MMO or otherwise seem to suck. Goons tend to stick together and will at least finish out a group/map/whatever, even if they can be social retards at times.

Back on topic,

UO was the best game ever for griefing, especially if you played a thief or were just a huge looter. I had a blast playing that game and it's sad that no game will ever be like it again. The best grief opportunities came when they revised tinkering so that GM tinkered explosion traps would kill most characters immediately.

My friends and I used to lurk on the road east of Britain, stealing, mugging, and PKing, and when the trap changes went live, we made a loving fortune taking advantage of other players greed and curiousity. We would drop a chest (filled with hides or something so they couldn't walk away with it) and wait for some rear end in a top hat to run up and open it. One big boom later, we were divying up their possessions. After about 4 hours of this, a huge posse formed at the Brit bank and came to chase us away. We left a bunch of trapped chests laying around and half the posse got overwhelmed with greed, blew themselves up, and the mad rush for looting distracted the rest of the greedy, poorly organized horde and we mopped them up. I can't recall ever having that much fun in a video game, ever.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Ylide posted:

UO was the best game ever for griefing, especially if you played a thief or were just a huge looter. I had a blast playing that game and it's sad that no game will ever be like it again. The best grief opportunities came when they revised tinkering so that GM tinkered explosion traps would kill most characters immediately.

It's too bad they made it so the tinkerer gets a murder count if the chest kills someone. That never made sense to me on a number of levels...why protect players that go around opening random chests? Why is the tinkerer the guilty party when someone gets blown up?

Pfhreak
Jan 30, 2004

Frog Blast The Vent Core!
Man... Long ago, when I was first starting to figure out the internets, I found myself exploring MUDs. Well, a friend of mine up at the high school was a part time coder/builder for a reasonably populated MUD, and he had access to the source, and he could also lay down zones/make equipment for us if we needed. We never really exploited it too much.

We did, however, find all sorts of secret shortcuts the admins had built in for themselves. Hidden doors, secret passages, that sort of thing. There was one that linked to the center of the main town, and could be locked. It was very, very rarely used.

We, of course, felt to compelled to exploit this. We summoned in a self-replicating monster (I think it was a slaad?) that created copies of itself when under attack, and got it to fight against another monster that couldn't be hit, and didn't attack (this was another great find in the code). After a couple of days, the room would be full of slaads, and we'd open the door and summon out the invincible mob, leaving all the slaads looking for a fight. They'd head out and immediately start killing everything in town, and many went down into the newbie zone. The screams over the general channel were well worth it. Most people thought it was a GM run invasion at first, but the monsters quickly grew out of control.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I remember there used to be a server with no rules on Battlefield Vietnam that I went to frequently just to see all the crazy hijinks that could happen. I can't seem to find one anymore though.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

I can't believe this hasn't been talked about yet

Ok In EVE you can grief like crazy, its one of it's major strengths.

What we have in goonfleet is a campaign called Jihadswarm, and what it involves is taking out expensive targets that cost the target months of mining to get, quickly before the space police come and blow us up, we do this because the insurance payout for the ships we loose is huge compared to the insurance payout of the ships the targets loose. So our ship costs us like say 10mil, we get 9mil back and lose 1 mil, Where the miner's ship cost 100mil and gets back like 30mil, loosing 70mil.

In detail, what we do is fly into high security space where macro-miners sit all day and mine their boring space rocks so they can sell it for ISK and then sell that for money... the usual thing chinese gold farmers do. We then take either a single ship and find a single target, or we take a bigger ship with racks of smart bombs into a closely packed crowd of miners, and detonate.

http://www.jihadswarm.com/

I personally do it for the poo poo thats said in local chat afterwards, some people really really hate to loose their ships.

Into The Mild fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 30, 2008

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Is there any reason to play EVE that is not harassing people?

oldyogurt
Aug 14, 2004

Son of a--
Muldoon

Thesoldier posted:

The Realm Online
One of the first MMO's created by Sierra, like Ultima Online, the interface and gameplay were simple so this game was a griefing playground

-Forging Hot Items
There was a 2handed sword in The Realm known as "The Wrath", this was the only sword everyone ever wanted. In fact everyone and their mother used this weapon. Also it could be enchanted by people with a high level enchanting skill where they could add stats/effects on it that would last forever. Everyone would enchant wraths with FIVES or FIVED (Fire dmg, Ice Dmg, Venom Dmg, Electric Dmg, Strength, Dexterity) Problem with The Realm Online, you could rename weapons to whatever you wanted, and you could dye them. All you had to do was take a generic Two Handed sword and dye it purple and rename it. I've forged more wraths in my time than a counterfeit handbag ring.

I loved that game. What I would do was rename potions. Having a low alchemy skill tends to yield a lot of "Potions of Death" that would damage/kill you. Just rename them to "Healing Potion" and give them to your friends!

Oh yeah, "Demon Droppings" and "Rat Droppings" were actual items. You could put them in gift boxes and hand them out to people.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Has anyone in your group ballparked the amount of ISK/month lost by miners from your griefing? I ask because a glanced at a couple of killmails, and one listed 526 million ISK in loss (pre-insurance I guess) for a Hulk pilot. Impressive stuff.

Edit: Nevermind; I just noticed the campaign information. 32 billion ISK in damage.

LLCoolJD fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 30, 2008

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

The Remote Viewer posted:

We got several down there by taking in dragnos, having 2 or 3 guys constantly vet/magic heal the thing to keep it alive, whilst we grabbed a rune or 3, then all gate out with the tamer going last.

Then you'd gate people in, let them die, have them come back through as a ghost, and then do the same with the dragon to loot them. Entire days were spent doing this. Good times.

I rolled with our LuT knockoff on the Oceania shard (Aussie shard) for a while. We were basically a guild centred around griefing and dancing the fine line between bannable and just pure arseholishness. For example, we'd never -lure- monsters onto a person, but rather claim we'd heal them, do for a little, then suddenly not and have them die.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
In the early days of WoW, there were many bugs and exploits to work with. Rogues nowadays can only backstab and ambush with dinky little knives, but it used to be with a little macro help you could smash spines with anything you could hold in your hand. Combined with un-normalized weapon speeds you could easier one shot most everything with Dal'rends(The height of fashion at the time).

Later on, when The Gurubashi treasure drop was implemented, I found my new favorite pastime, "Defend the Chest" Everyone wanted the precious loot that lay dormant within the chest, so naturally I did everything I possibly could to keep anyone from opening the mystery chest. Several times the chest would simply despawn on it's own or the event would start over again and force a new chest every 3 hours. I eventually became known as "That douchebag from the arena." Which I must admit is a nice change from "That loser from the forums."

When Zul'Gurub was introduced, it was(is?) incredibly easy to get around the walls of the instance and end up in the actual non-troll infested ZG. There was one particular corner right on the other side of the portal which the unusual property of being completely inescapable, as in would continually give you the error message, "You are Falling" or something whenever you tried to use the auto-unstuck or hearthstone features. Summoning people to this spot never got old, especially farmers who didn't have the necessary language abilities to contact a GM without getting hit with a ban.

Before diminishing returns were introduced, each subsequent use of an ability lasted the full duration regardless of how many times it had been applied. At this time, many spells and abilities would affect players just as much as a mob, e.g. Sheep and Sap lasted the full 45 seconds every time. When working in teams rogues could easily eliminate groups triple there size with ease or just keep another player from doing anything ever, as sap was rarely resisted then as well.

As a hunter, you could use the mind control cap, followed by Eyes of the beast to directly control your new pet and proceced to waste his cooldowns/items/walk him out of the battlegrounds/get aggro.

In Ultima I did all the usual looting and such. One of my personal favorites was building a house over the wondering healers, thus making it a much longer run for anyone who died in my area. This was followed closely by selling people their own stuff back. Although I must admit, I was not so nice with discounts.

I often roll healing classes without even the slightest intention of healing anything.

I know there are much more, but it is late for me.

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

After going from EVE to virtually any other MMO it's just amazing at how easy it is to scam and grief people with no repercussions. I mean, in EVE, paranoia is the order of the day and every deal is made with a finger over the "Launch missle" button just in case, whereas the amount of gee-willickers blind faith and trust in WoW is just staggering at times.

Recently, I've taken to bolstering my income by selling/scamming my way into guilds. Bein an in-demand class/spec combo, It usually only takes me a few minutes cruising a hub city to get an invite. At this point ask for a few gold as a "signing bonus" since I'm supposedly going to be doing all this work for them. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't, but regardless as soon as I get the invite I go to the guild vault and loot whatever isn't nailed down. Then, once I hit the limit of withdrawls for that day, I quit the guild and ask for a re-invite, saying "Oh, sorry, my friend whispered to me asking how to quit a guild and I just replied '/gquit' without thinking, ha ha."

The glory of it is, when you quit a guild, your "allowed to take" tally resets. On busy days in orgrimmar I've juggled three or four guilds simultaneously, joining, looting, quitting, and joining again. If I find an especially rich vein I'll stay on a few days, looting as much as I can every day and just completely ignoring guild chat. But once the guild vault dries up of stuff I want/need/can easily pawn off in the auction house, I make one last "hey guys I'm low on cash can anyone spare a few silver for skills?" request and get what I can from the gullible members before quitting and finding a new guild.

I'd almost feel bad about it, but this is why you don't invite total strangers into your guild. If I'd quested with you some or done an instance I'd probably feel a little guilty, but when SlapNutzOrk1297 invites me randomly into xXUBER-DEATHXx just because I was standing near the mailbox you deserve whatever comes to you.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

What could you possibly have taken from the vaults of guilds that are stupid enough to fall for that. I cant imagine guilds that lovely have anything of value.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

zVxTeflon posted:

What could you possibly have taken from the vaults of guilds that are stupid enough to fall for that. I cant imagine guilds that lovely have anything of value.
Just because a guild is productive doesn't necessarily mean their leaders are smart.

Soulbinding limits damage control to a degree, but I wouldn't be surprised if they stash enchanting reagents, craft goods, etc.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jun 30, 2008

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!
Let us not forget Fansy the Famous
http://www.notaddicted.com/fansy2.php

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

zVxTeflon posted:

Just about anyone can clear Karazahn these days, and it only takes like 275 Enchanting to shard epics. Enchanting mats are hugely profitable.

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

zVxTeflon posted:

It's sually not any one big thing (though I've looted my share of recipes for me and my alts) but lots of great little things that just save me lots of time and money. Some of the best scores are rep turn-ins- piles and piles of Dark Iron Scraps, Unidentified Plant Parts, etc. that just save me a hell of a lot of time on the rep grind aspect. Also, yanking piles of tradeskill cloths or hides or enchanting mats is a huge discount over buying them at the AH.

I mean, if the guild vault sucks I'll just take whatever looks the most expensive and quit right away, but some of them are really good. The trick is to find those guilds right on the edge between being bid enough to have lots of good loot and small/new enough to still have Bozos in charge who don't think about it.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

How do you manage to pull a bunch of stuff from the bank without somebody going "Hey, fucker, what do you think you're doing?"

FuzzyPickles
Jun 7, 2004

Pope Guilty posted:

How do you manage to pull a bunch of stuff from the bank without somebody going "Hey, fucker, what do you think you're doing?"

Because it doesn't alert anyone when you do it, they would have to go check the log. Any guild leader with a lukewarm IQ can set up a new member rank without bank access in 10 seconds, you would have to be stupid to immediately give anyone access the moment they join.

Poida
Apr 8, 2006
I'm no bogan!
Bleak Gremlin

LLCoolJD posted:

Has anyone in your group ballparked the amount of ISK/month lost by miners from your griefing? I ask because a glanced at a couple of killmails, and one listed 526 million ISK in loss (pre-insurance I guess) for a Hulk pilot. Impressive stuff.

Edit: Nevermind; I just noticed the campaign information. 32 billion ISK in damage.

The killboard is messed up at the moment, hulk losses aren't worth anywhere near that much, I think the real figure is about 70m per. On memory the first campaign, realistically, did around 200 bil in damage - the current one has a long way to go.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Poida posted:

The killboard is messed up at the moment, hulk losses aren't worth anywhere near that much, I think the real figure is about 70m per. On memory the first campaign, realistically, did around 200 bil in damage - the current one has a long way to go.

Are you affilitaed with Goonswarm, so you're stuck only attacking GS enemies and nuetrals, or are you independant so you can go do this to anyone at all?

I ask because it really wound me up that I couldn't grief people allied with goones, even though alot of those people were completely wealthy and idiots, I couldn't go and kill them, so now I have a character in GS, and another who is not with anyone, just so I can grief who the hell I like.

Poida
Apr 8, 2006
I'm no bogan!
Bleak Gremlin

Funso Banjo posted:

Are you affilitaed with Goonswarm, so you're stuck only attacking GS enemies and nuetrals, or are you independant so you can go do this to anyone at all?

I ask because it really wound me up that I couldn't grief people allied with goones, even though alot of those people were completely wealthy and idiots, I couldn't go and kill them, so now I have a character in GS, and another who is not with anyone, just so I can grief who the hell I like.

It's a goonswarm campaign so it'd probably be considered bad form to gank friendlies. Most hi sec miners use alts unaffiliated from their 0.0 chars so as long as the target isn't actually blue it's ok to gank.

On a more general note I'm pretty sure it's perfectly ok to gank friendlies if you use a neutral alt, especially if you don't tell anyone about it.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Constantine XI posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qO-AX5DGro&NR=1

"Ah poo poo nigga I'm 'bout ta get my bazooka!"

I'm surprised this took so long to pop up. For anyone unfamiliar with this game, someone like this would usually pop up once every couple days, but it rarely led to the hilarity as shown in this video. drat I miss the good 'ol days of CS 1.6

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I know everyone's been loving this, so I'm sure they'll be happy to know that there's another part to it.

It involves deploying sentry guns and teleporters under the map where nobody can reach them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPoKaoJu0m4

There's another classic griefing video from way back, but I can't remember what game it was from. It was a military FPS where these two grunts get some payback on another player who was being a complete tool.

One was a medic and the other had a rifle and a knife. One shot the victim and mortally wounded him, then both ran up to him and stabbed him to death. Immediately the medic would heal him but, before he could get up or do anything, the other griefer would stab him to death again.

This went on for, oh five/six minutes, with the poor bastard being killed and revived dozens of times. His voice over chat went from being angry to pleading to almost crying as he begged them to stop.

Definitely one of the funniest acts of bastardry I've ever seen.

Flashing Twelve
Mar 20, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

There's another classic griefing video from way back, but I can't remember what game it was from. It was a military FPS where these two grunts get some payback on another player who was being a complete tool.
This'd be BF2. This technique was pretty common for people looking to farm ranks to gain unlocks, so of course you just had to turn it around for instant fun.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1364177/is_that_a_butthole/
What is that? A butthole? EEEEEEEWWWWW!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

FuzzyPickles posted:

Because it doesn't alert anyone when you do it, they would have to go check the log. Any guild leader with a lukewarm IQ can set up a new member rank without bank access in 10 seconds, you would have to be stupid to immediately give anyone access the moment they join.

Well, the thing is these tinpot dictators are so starved for members of their lovely guilds they'll pump you up five ranks worth of hierarchy just for being high-level. I don't know how well this technique would work with lower levels, since I only figured it out post-50's, but people are willing to make lots of concessions for a holy-specced priest apparently. (OMG HEALZ PLZ)

And yeah, I saw that there was alog, but I swear I'm the only one that ever reads it, because I have yet to actually be called on my rampant kelptomania. The guild bank always lasts until I get bored with their selection and go shop somewhere else.

I mean, really, the whole formula hinges on people being stupid, and that's about as sure a bet as you can get in the world, vitrual or otherwise.

GetWellGamers fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 30, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrespective
Oct 9, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anchors posted:

Later on, when The Gurubashi treasure drop was implemented, I found my new favorite pastime, "Defend the Chest" Everyone wanted the precious loot that lay dormant within the chest, so naturally I did everything I possibly could to keep anyone from opening the mystery chest. Several times the chest would simply despawn on it's own or the event would start over again and force a new chest every 3 hours. I eventually became known as "That douchebag from the arena." Which I must admit is a nice change from "That loser from the forums."

The best was taking a good group, getting the chest early and taking everything but a mana potion and then going back into the fray, especially good for catching out groups who arrived slightly late. Watching the satisfied victor finding out his reward is just a mana potion is griefing at it's best.

• Locked thread