Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popoi
Jul 23, 2000

Diogines posted:

I'll do you one better. At one point the main spawn point for the starts of the game only had a handful of exits. Myself and collaborators created multiple accounts and each ran multiple copies of the game, we completley blocked the entrance to the actual game from the spawn points. This was on the weekend and it seems there were no GMs about, we did not get booted and banned till monday afternoon.
I don't remember if it was before or after this, but when I played ToonTown, if you walked into someone, you would bump them slightly backwards. For some reason, it was fairly common for people to go AFK in the main hubs leading to combat areas rather than log off somewhere safe, which of course meant that people were constantly bumping people toward the combat areas, which would trigger an area change whether you were there or not, where they were eventually killed by a wandering cog.

I don't think the consequences of dying were that bad, but it was pretty funny how prevalent it became for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

CheechLizard posted:

Let us not forget Fansy the Famous
http://www.notaddicted.com/fansy2.php

How could we, it was only posted a few pages back.

Someone mentioned John Edwards' Second Life HQ getting vandalized. Goons (I belive) erecting a campain HQ for John Edward next door tops it.

http://www.secondlifeherald.com/slh/2007/02/edwards_faces_e.html

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Everquest griefing on Rallos Zek (open pvp with itemloot) - some fun espisodes

Me and RL friend grouped in random zone (Stonebrunt mountains) when random Ranger shows up and asks for a group.

Now, I am a Troll Shadowknight:siren:. We purposely overpull, the Ranger draws agro, I Harm Touch him and take his hat.

About 3 minutes later the Ranger is still en route to the corpse, and my Cleric friend sends him a tell, explaining I ran off and that he's sorry, etc. He casts a rez on the Ranger, who accepts and starts to loot the corpse.

Once he's about halfway finished looting, the cleric casts blind on him, sending him straight to blackscreen, and I run out from behind a tree and kill him with a spear. Then we take his pants.

We offered him another rez, but he politely declined =[

-----------

Killing the same naked elf, every time he enters the zone, and destroying every last piece of tattered and cloth armor he has. Disarming him and stealing his only decent item (his weapon) and knowing he has no money to get another one with.

-----------

Out-of-range, high level healer keeping our opponent topped off with crazy heals and buffs that render the guy essentially invulnerable. Having one of the two players attempting the kill purposely start a long-winded insult-war with the guy while the other player runs off to gather an enormous train of planar mobs. Dropping the train directly on the healer's head as he is halfway through a long, totally bitchin' insult and facing the wrong direction, especially if he starts mashing keys as he is getting stunned and ends up posting the half-finished message just before dying.

-----------

Getting 3/4 of the way through an LDON before purposely overpulling/"going linkdead", killing the group, taking their stuff, and finishing the dungeon without them just to maintain your perfect record. Bonus points for selectively letting group members live/continue on with you (those with crappy gear you don't want to steal) because they'll defend you in the future against retaliations.

-----------

Having a PK group that consists of 3 Bards and just following targets chain dispelling them indefintely.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!
In UO I loved stealing boats from newbies, and moving them one tile away from the shore, then talking to the newbies as if nothing was unusual.

Machismo
Mar 29, 2007

I'm a rapist! Who cares if there's no evidence, I'm guilty until innocent!

Epsilon Plus posted:

Hey, hey, you. I found the gun, but I can't find a place that sells them and they're not on SLExchange it seems. The gun's called the JR-Vanguard 1.15, some guy named Jiminy Roo made it. I found a site that sells other things he/she made, but not this particular gun.

I believe the store that sold is the same kind of joint that sells dicks and poo poo like that. I remember seeing a massive yellow box, I flew into it and inside was tons of poo poo for sale. Some that scarred me for life. Anyway, it wasn't at one of the malls. Off the beaten track.

Cuzin Roman lmao
Feb 5, 2008

by Fistgrrl

GetWellGamers posted:

Well, the thing is these tinpot dictators are so starved for members of their lovely guilds they'll pump you up five ranks worth of hierarchy just for being high-level. I don't know how well this technique would work with lower levels, since I only figured it out post-50's, but people are willing to make lots of concessions for a holy-specced priest apparently. (OMG HEALZ PLZ)

And yeah, I saw that there was alog, but I swear I'm the only one that ever reads it, because I have yet to actually be called on my rampant kelptomania. The guild bank always lasts until I get bored with their selection and go shop somewhere else.

I mean, really, the whole formula hinges on people being stupid, and that's about as sure a bet as you can get in the world, vitrual or otherwise.

I used to do the whole "loot the guild vault" thing on an alt. I never had the balls to try it on my main but I probably would have had more success that way. surprisingly most guild leaders (even leaders of crappy guilds) had differing bank loot ranks. a method for getting around this is to pretend you're "soandso's" alt and ask for a higher rank in guild chat. the armory is good for this but im pretty sure you can get banned for impersonating someone.

edit: also while it isn't really griefing, in Skate i try to make the npc skaters bail. it works even better in certain spots in freeskate mode where the npcs follow a track.

Cuzin Roman lmao fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 30, 2008

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe
Cooking grenades in Call of Duty, switching teams, watching as five former teammates blow the gently caress up AND I GET POINTS FOR THE KILLS woo. It made it all the better when someone said something like "nice nade" right after it. This has been possible since the first game, and is still possible in the fourth installment.

In Age of Conan, some dude thought he was cool trying to gank me, and since I was near the graveyard anyway, I payed him a visit after I killed him. Somehow that turned into a half hour long gank-a-thon where I got my buddies in on it too. At one point, and one hundred kills later, we had probably a good five people locked down to the graveyard. After forcing them to take all their armor off, I tried to make them scream something about goons and boners.

As it would turn out, somewhere along the line, a fellow goon found his way into the slaughter and never mentioned anything, and he didn't have the goon guild tag either. Finally he got the sense to say something about being a goon so I tried to invite him to the party but he got angry and stormed off. Shortly after, another goon rolled up, got spunky and tried to attack us for killin his bro or some poo poo and got whooped, then had a mental breakdown in guildchat. Oops.

Bazanga
Oct 10, 2006
chinchilla farmer
Just recently I reactivated my WoW account. After playing for 5 minutes and realizing why I had canceled in the first place, I headed over to Sunwell Plateau. I unequipped all of my gear (to avoid the repair damage associated with my little scheme) and proceeded to attack any nearby Alliance hunters in town. If they were bad, as the majority of WoW players are, they would have their pets on defensive mode. What this means is that as soon as I take a swing at the hunter, the pet immediately starts attacking me. Because of Blizzard's silly PvP punishment system, we both get massacred by town guards and take repair damage because of it.

This sounds lame, but when you pull it off on a Hunter in the best gear in the game they end up taking quite a big gold hit it's fairly rewarding. It's especially hilarious if, after doing it once, they leave their pets on defensive mode.

I also had the kid who was the dwarf warrior in the WoW funeral bombing video as a roommate my Freshman year of college. He was a giant tool and ended up failing out after the first semester. He would always talk about the funeral bombing and I'm pretty sure he still thinks of it as his high point in life. :cool:

Edit: He was also a goon. I'm pretty sure he only lurked in TCC though.

Amused Frog
Sep 8, 2006
Waah no fair my thread!

Anchors posted:

Later on, when The Gurubashi treasure drop was implemented, I found my new favorite pastime, "Defend the Chest" Everyone wanted the precious loot that lay dormant within the chest, so naturally I did everything I possibly could to keep anyone from opening the mystery chest. Several times the chest would simply despawn on it's own or the event would start over again and force a new chest every 3 hours. I eventually became known as "That douchebag from the arena." Which I must admit is a nice change from "That loser from the forums."

The best thing about that chest was that gnomes could stand inside it and not be clicked on. Even if somebody saw your name over it they'd try to target you and just start opening the chest, which meant somebody would instantly start killing them to stop them getting the item. What this meant was that by going to the arena half an hour before the event began and then logging off, and then timing it right either through guest work or an alt, you could log back in as the chest was put down and then sit inside it opening it completely free of harm.

Using this method I think I was the first person on the server to get enough of those trinkets to trade them in for the special one. It's not really griefing as such but I imagine people were quite annoyed at fighting over this thing only to have it dissapear and reveal a gnome inside.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Apparently orcas can be griefers too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDQ1GAZZk6E&feature=related

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Outrespective posted:

The best was taking a good group, getting the chest early and taking everything but a mana potion and then going back into the fray

Who doesn't do this with regular chests? (Enjoy your Dalaran Sharp!)

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Howard Beale posted:

You goddamn dick.

Outrespective
Oct 9, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Howard Beale posted:

Regular chests despawn after they have been opened regardless of if you take anything or not, just takes a couple of minutes, the Gurubashi one doesn't if you leave something inside.

Bazanga posted:

Just recently I reactivated my WoW account. After playing for 5 minutes and realizing why I had canceled in the first place, I headed over to Sunwell Plateau. I unequipped all of my gear (to avoid the repair damage associated with my little scheme) and proceeded to attack any nearby Alliance hunters in town. If they were bad, as the majority of WoW players are, they would have their pets on defensive mode. What this means is that as soon as I take a swing at the hunter, the pet immediately starts attacking me. Because of Blizzard's silly PvP punishment system, we both get massacred by town guards and take repair damage because of it.

This sounds lame, but when you pull it off on a Hunter in the best gear in the game they end up taking quite a big gold hit it's fairly rewarding. It's especially hilarious if, after doing it once, they leave their pets on defensive mode.

This was a lot easier as a warrior as taunt would not put you in combat, just taunt the pet and if it is on defensive you've hit the jackpot.

Outrespective fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jul 1, 2008

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

I remember being an asshat in Tribes 2 by destroying my own team's generators, turrets, everything, then joining the other team and leading an assault on my former comrades' crippled base.

typicalwesterner
Jun 19, 2005

Have you a valediction, boyo?
In CS I prefer teamflashing. Find yourself a server on cs_office preferably, with friendly fire off and no time limit to buy and go terrorist. If there are a lot of people camping the projection room or the long hallway you can keep the majority of your teammates' monitors white the entire round by spamming flash grenades and immediately rebuying or just simply wait until the CT rush. This, by far, has gotten me the best reactions.

If the CTs rescue half of the hostages but leave the other two, I kill them and CTs immediatly win.

typicalwesterner fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jul 1, 2008

Isko
May 20, 2008
I remember playing on a large desert map in Battlefield 1942 on a server with friendly fire off. I didn't let that stop me, I was able to find a work around that didn't even get me negative points. Although you weren't able to damage other teammates I found that the blast from a tank round would still move them. If you hit them just right they would fly straight up into the air and fall to their death. It was beautiful.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
There's a guy on nethack.alt.org (ironme?) who just rerolls wizards until he gets a scroll of genocide, curses it, then engraves his name and uses the scroll to summon a bunch of ridiculously hard monsters on floor 2 or 3 of the dungeon. Nethack has "bones" files that save a floor and use it in someone else's game, so he basically screws over some other player with impossibly hard monsters right at the start of their game when they hit his bones. For what's essentially a single player game, it's a really creative way to grief others.

MatterHorn
Jul 28, 2006
I think I played the quarks a bit sharp.

JawnV6 posted:

There's a guy on nethack.alt.org (ironme?) who just rerolls wizards until he gets a scroll of genocide, curses it, then engraves his name and uses the scroll to summon a bunch of ridiculously hard monsters on floor 2 or 3 of the dungeon. Nethack has "bones" files that save a floor and use it in someone else's game, so he basically screws over some other player with impossibly hard monsters right at the start of their game when they hit his bones. For what's essentially a single player game, it's a really creative way to grief others.

The dungeon crawl server has a similar system, when your character dies his ghost can show up in another characters game as a hostile. The ghosts have all the abilities they had in life, perfect spell casting, and a truckload of hit points.

One player created a high level poison mage named Griefer, backtracked him to the temple where characters select their gods, and suicided him. So a few lucky players entered the temple, ate a face full of venom, and bit it. This caused more ghosts to show up in the normally monster free temple, catching more people unaware, and leading to more ghosts.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

MatterHorn posted:

The dungeon crawl server has a similar system, when your character dies his ghost can show up in another characters game as a hostile. The ghosts have all the abilities they had in life, perfect spell casting, and a truckload of hit points.

One player created a high level poison mage named Griefer, backtracked him to the temple where characters select their gods, and suicided him. So a few lucky players entered the temple, ate a face full of venom, and bit it. This caused more ghosts to show up in the normally monster free temple, catching more people unaware, and leading to more ghosts.

If I played this game I would pretty much just do this all day.

Oh man I just remembered Amerigriefing in Gunbound.

Gunbound was a fun but stupid game, and only a fraction of players were actually American. The easiest way to make enemies in the game was to purchase the American Flag accessory and fly it proudly. I put together a pretty unique costume that made me look like a badass US Admiral and would spend all my time talking about America and assaulting other nationalities or anyone flying a different flag. This was during the time when worldwide anti-American sentiment was skyrocketing, so dropping an airstrike on some Singaporean's head (regardless of team affiliation) while talking about the great state of Texas was one of the most magnificent ways to make new friends that I have found in online gaming.

The funny thing was that one out of every 5 or 6 rooms that I would do this in ended up loving me, would join in the nation-warhawking/roleplaying, and I would have a bunch of new (actual) friends. Usually the people that found it funniest were not even American. Everyone eventually referred to me as "The Admiral" or "Admiral Poon" (or, "that USA fucker") so I was pretty happy.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

JawnV6 posted:

I think this one is the best...it takes imagination to grief someone in a single player game.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I remember when Guild Wars was the Goon Game of the Week. We made entire gimmick groups of Hunters and proceeded to harass Korean teams for 2 straight hours by going into THEIR base, and covering the entire area outside with traps so they couldn't get back to capture our flag.

The Koreans basically just started shrieking obscenities at us, at one point.

Ah, good times.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
In WoW, there is a PvP Battleground called "Alterac Valley". AV is basically a race between two teams of 40 players, and even the losing team is rewarded, so the only way to really "lose" is for the race to never finish at all, or for a single game to drag on for a long time. This makes for all sorts of hilarious griefing opportunities.

For a while my roommate and I played two of the top PvP characters on Illidan (a warlock and a druid) and we would ruin AVs constantly by capturing graveyards that caused stalemates, providing impentrable 2-man defenses that pubbies couldn't crack, abusing hunter pet AI to trigger Warmasters, and other awful tactics that hurt everyone involved by hosing honor gain and making AV function like a totally pointless 2Fort stalemate. Since we were without fail the best PvPers in the BG and were the right classes to abuse the NPCs/terrain features there was virtually no recourse to us doing this as we could generally handle most teams of 5 or 6 even on open ground. With NPC help and friendly pubbies it wasn't unusual for us to hold back a tide of 15-20. When we'd find 1 other person who also found our actions hilarious we could simultaneously grief 77 other people, including our own team, for upwards of 3-4 hours.

Our joke guild on Aggamaggan (SLAMDUNKATRON) would go into AVs and play the "defensive" team. We would purposely let them capture nodes and only put up token resistance, until their entire team was assaulting our boss mob.

We would then gather in a group of 4-5 or so, all put on our Gnomish invisibility devices, and run into the center of the mob of ~30ish opponents. We would then all hit our Goblin Sapper Charges simultaneously and kill all 30 opponents at once.

Sapper charges had a pretty fast refresh (and people only had a few thousand HP at the time) so we often could just bum rush them after this and continue to explode them for 20 minutes or so before they finally spread out or got organized enough to finish off our boss mob. We spent ALL our guild money on sapper charges and sometimes we could keep people held up indefinitely.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 1, 2008

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I really just wanted to point out that this thread is wonderful. I am never a dick to people when I play video games but reading about other people being one is awesome.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
This EQ story came around the time the two biggest dungeons in the game were Solusek and Lower Guk. You could walk from one end to the other without encountering one npcs, they were both that camped.

I was mostly a Guk type of person so it was really strange I saw the Frenzied Ghoul lumbering back to spawn. It looked like archmage frog camp tried to pull him and the Archmage spawned at the same time. I quickly charmed him, cast invis, and took him to a nook in Lower Guk and planned.

Lower Guk was connected to Upper Guk and only through one route (there was another route into Lower Guk but no one took it) and on my server, anyone without a group sat there waiting for an opening in a camp.

So I sat there with my invisible frog of death and made him not invisible by leading him underwater near the bedroom out of view and then breaking charm and dispelling him. I think it was key to my plan. I think the bug where charmed monsters that were made invis were perm invis, but that would not help from what I was thinking.

I wanted people to SEE the frenzied ghoul and go nuts in attacking it prematurely before anyone else saw it. If a group had time to cast See Invis, they would be better prepared and most likely not die.

I cast haste and strength on the little dude but I made sure not to buff him with stuff that could finger an enchanter as the SOB. Like if someone hit him and saw they were taking 5 damage from a damage shield, that would be 100% proof an enchanter behind it. If they were getting wailed on by a 66% percent hasted frog, then it could very likely be carrying the Flowing Black Sash which was one of the big items to get in the game.

I rushed headlong into the start and zoned out. That broke the charm and started the confusion. Everyone mostly is AFK at the zone and he started turning those people into red paste. I saw people run into the zone and see them 15 seconds later usually at 10% health.

The frog would kill and then lumber back to his spawn, either running into other camps or people running back to start because HOLY poo poo FRENZIED GHOUL AT ZONE IN.

Now that I think about it, casting invis would be better since it would put a where the gently caress is ghoul factor into the tanks who tried their hardest to find him.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
I used to be pretty involved in Second Life, so I've got a million stories of griefers and griefing in general.

The thing about Second Life is all the boring stories get publicised, whereas the cool/clever stuff generally goes unheard of. Second Life is an amazing outlet to be creative, and goons are easily one of the most creative groups out there, not only in terms of building things and having fun, but also getting the goat of everyone around them.

One of my favourites was when John Edwards was doing a political campaign for the 2008 election in Second Life. He had some really lovely build set up and was generally whoring for media attention. Some goon came up to us, handed the plot of land that was next to his campaign to us and said "do something good with this."

We then proceeded to recreate his entire build, prim for prim, but reversed so it was seen from the opposite direction and with similar, but different textures (all entirely new). But instead of campaigning for John Edwards, we campaigned for John Edward, the TV Psychic. With slogans such as "He can read minds" and "Remember your dead cat? John Edward does."
Also, instead of giving out lame coffee mugs and t-shirts as promotional material, we also gave out bitchin' John Edward G-strings and breast signings.

The good majority of visitors to the sim didn't notice the difference, and us valiant goons as campaigners made sure we spread the word of Edward to everyone who came, and threatened them with Edward's mind powers if they didn't vote for him. It worked great and the campaign lasted for months, until the edwards campaigners finally boned up and paid for a new sim.

There are some more images and a story the Second Life Herald wrote up on it here.
http://foo.secondlifeherald.com/slh/2007/02/edwards_faces_e.html

Even funnier was the idiot campaigner for Edward who went off on a bent and complained we were guilty of intellectual theft from stealing his textures and was pulling at any strings he could to try to rid them of us. (Even though we were completely fine via Second Life's TOS) Which of course only egged the goons on further - If anyone has a screenshot of the amazing "How to spot a retard" poster we had that mimicked their "How to register your interest" poster i'd love to see it again.

The John Edwards campaign was in the news several times. First just because it was notable about a president campaigning in a virtual world, and the second was when some idiot channers decided to cover the campaign in litter and crap. (which amusingly Fox News said was 'terrorist attacks' by 'republicans') - None of them mentioned us though, even though we were RIGHT THERE the entire time :(.

Another great memory is when we had a group of Star Wars roleplayers open up next door to our sim (land in Second Life). We're friendly neighbours, so we decided to change our 'theme' to be a Star Wars sim also, and thus we created 'Jerktooine' the home of "Sith Ewoks". What followed is a million complaints about our land, and a couple of very irate annoyed Star Wars fans, quoting wookiepedia to us and screaming "EWOKS CANNOT USE THE FORCE! THIS ISN'T CANON!" :argh:

Shortly following that, we had a group of elves set up shop on the other side of the sim. We then proceeded to create an industrial orc empire for the horde "Orc Clan BaN'D AloT", mining their crystals and spewing industrial waste into the air all in the glorious name of progress. The elves didn't like that too much either and promptly moved.

In a similar move, one time we created "Tacowood" which was a spoof on the popular furry sims "Taco" and "Luskwood." An entirely cartoon based furry tree friends adventure land, except it was scheduled for 'defurrestation'. Advertised as a furry sim, we ended up getting alot of furs coming into the sim, who didn't like what they saw: Bulldozers mowing down furry tree homes,and all matters of glorious cartoon fantasy violence.

We used to get alot of complaints back then that we were "intentionally artificially lowering the property value" of our area, when nothing could be further from the truth. We would have done this stuff regardless of land value :v.

Another one I remember at one stage we'd set up a semi elaborate dance club, the kind that pubbies come to in droves. We then proceeded to invite some 'guests' by doing a search for all the people who were online with names starting with A, B, C so on, and offering them teleports. (This was before you had to be friends to see who was online and offer teleports. ) Once we had hoardes of pubbies inside, we had a switch that would open up the ground beneath them and make them fall into a pit of lava.

Second life is amazing resource for this sort of creative griefing, and it disappoints me to see so many people just spamming disgusting images or shooting people with guns when there are so many other ways you can do it and still be in the realms of the games TOS, but get an even bigger reaction.

I have a ton more of these images and stories if anyone is actually interested... or otherwise I may just be a sad wierdo who's played entirely too much Second Life. (Which is also true.)

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

Isometric Bacon posted:

I have a ton more of these images and stories if anyone is actually interested...

Yes please.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Haha, that sounds awesome to me. I say go for it. Let's hear more second life fuckery.

WayneCampbell
Oct 7, 2005
You got me a gunrack?!? I don't even own a gun, let alone alone enough to nessecitate an entire rack.

Flashing Twelve posted:

Warcraft III custom maps. Seriously, try it. If you can't outright kill your teammates, being absolutely loving worthless or cheap is enough to set them on a ten-minute rage bender.

My first night playing starcraft I joined a game titled "7vME, come stomp me", when the custom map loaded up the 7 of us spawned as civilians inside a little cage surrounded by the 1 dude's 20 tanks in siege mode.

It was pretty funny, even being on the losing end of that.

iamstinky
Feb 4, 2004

This is not as easy as it looks.
Sometime near the time I stopped playing original EQ, I was in a very high-end guild on Bristlebane and we had a rogue who had a goal of having 1 corpse in every zone in the game at the same time. A side effect of this was found one night during a raid when he would give someone consent to drag his corpse and they'd insta-crash. Apparently the way that consent to drag function worked at the time just couldn't deal with getting hundreds of messages for the same body at once. It was loving awesome.

I found a SS:

iamstinky fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jul 1, 2008

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Isometric Bacon posted:

Another one I remember at one stage we'd set up a semi elaborate dance club, the kind that pubbies come to in droves. We then proceeded to invite some 'guests' by doing a search for all the people who were online with names starting with A, B, C so on, and offering them teleports. (This was before you had to be friends to see who was online and offer teleports. ) Once we had hoardes of pubbies inside, we had a switch that would open up the ground beneath them and make them fall into a pit of lava.

Throwing grenades at your teammates may be funny. But emptying hundreds of people into a pit of lava at a virtual rave party is priceless.

Please post more.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Isometric Bacon posted:

:words:

Oh holy poo poo, I am crying from laughter. I especially loved the sith ewoks, but jesus that's really creative. More!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
What I used to do is tame in comparison. I had all my fun on Battlefield 1942, because I still to this day think its pretty impossible for me to play seriously since the core gameplay is so lovely (they fixed it in BF2, in my opinion). The trick was to try to make the griefing entirely like an accident and to do it to different people so they wouldnt catch on.

One thing I would do is get a car or something and drive across an airfield right when a plane was taking off. Sometimes the game would just give no credit for the kill, other times it would say that the pilot teamkilled you, then you simply apologize for trying to cross the airfield while he was taking off.

Another thing to do was to be the tailgunner in a plane and if you aim at the lowest point towards the tail, you can hit your own plane, so wait til the pilot gets up in the air, then let him fly around some, and then turn the tail into swiss cheese killing you both, then you can say it was an accident once again.

You can load people up in a jeep and drive pretty crazy and since the physics were so wonky, you can drive off of a hill and explode instantly upon landing, killing everyone inside.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
Ok one more before I go to bed.

One of my favourite things to do when I first found Second Life back in 2006 was to go around and see if I could find type-fuckers. That is, people who use Second Life entirely as a sex substitute to get off.

It wasn't very hard to find someone, especially in those days. All you had to do was simply look for two dots on the map that were very close to each other, and there was about a 70% chance they were e-loving. Naturally of course, from then on a prank was in order.

What i'd usually do, is jump in a Cadillac and drive straight through the wall of their house mid-coitus. When confronted, i'd be apologetic and tell them "Sorry, I believe I took a wrong turn somewhere" and ask for them directions. I'd needlessy draw the conversation out as long as I could and make it as awkward as possible. Some people would get incredibly mad or embarrassed, standing up outright, others would continue as if I wasn't there and respond in casual conversation back to me.

You can also thank some other SL goons for the following amazing images:

Boyz Scout
Nov 3, 2006

No more pigeon rubbing? Life in the vault is about to change...

Isometric Bacon posted:

Remember your dead cat? John Edward does.

That's some funny stuff. If you've got more I'd love to see it.

Isometric Bacon posted:

Good god I'm gonna get a hernia.

Boyz Scout fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 2, 2008

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

That last picture is one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Doublepost oh god.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
I had no idea Second Life could be so funny.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Does anyone have a link to the UO story of the guy who was responsible for the "slimes no longer split" fix?

From what I remember, some guy trapped a slime in a house, and repeatedly injured it to get it to split into 2. He made sure that he did enough damage, at just the right intervals, so he could get them to split repeatedly and not die.

Apparently, he did this for HOURS and when he opened up the door of the house, a wave of slimes just kept coming, and coming and coming. I can't remember if the server crashed or not.

I wish I could recall more details of it, but from what I remember, it was hilarious.

HK5000
Sep 11, 2001

It's the Evolution Revolution.

WalletBeef posted:

Does anyone have a link to the UO story of the guy who was responsible for the "slimes no longer split" fix?
I can't seem to find a link to it at the moment but it was one of the Trinsic Borrowers on Atlantic who was responsible for this. UO was a griefer's paradise, I used to trap Balrons and then moongate them into areas where characters would be training, often the bone knight room. The Balron would kill just about anyone in one or two hits while I hid and waited for it to chase the survivors down the hall. Then I'd loot all the dead guys and recall away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rex Deckard
Jul 15, 2004

WalletBeef posted:

From what I remember, some guy trapped a slime in a house, and repeatedly injured it to get it to split into 2. He made sure that he did enough damage, at just the right intervals, so he could get them to split repeatedly and not die.

Apparently, he did this for HOURS and when he opened up the door of the house, a wave of slimes just kept coming, and coming and coming. I can't remember if the server crashed or not.

I wish I could recall more details of it, but from what I remember, it was hilarious.

And posted 2 pages back. Sigh.

On topic, Second Life looks like a blast.

• Locked thread