Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Just registered, I'm JTruant at KGS. I've wanted to play Go for awhile, glad I can start now.

Calling it a night tonight though, work in the morning, but maybe I'll get in a game or two tomorrow. If you could add me to the super secret room that's cool, if not I'll just jump in SA and ask there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Could I also snag an invite? Truant27 is my username on KGS.

Coffee and learning to play Go on a Sunday is a good day.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Pander posted:

Nobody knows what anything means at first, don't sweat it.

Hit me up for a non-ranked game on online-go.com sometime! Username should just be Pander.

If this is an open invitation I may do this tonight, I played 4 games against a homie yesterday and in at least half of them I had "uhhhh so now what should I do?" moments, hah.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Pander posted:

sure. My schedule isn't amazing, but in a correspondence game with long deadlines it's not a problem.

I didn't get to this last night but I'm gonna do it tonight!

AdorableStar posted:

Amazon is overpriced for everything go related.

I just got the YMI 0.4" 9x9 bamboo board for like 16 bucks, that seems pretty sweet to me? The book prices do vary a lot more, you're right.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Pander posted:

I just noticed your post history for this thread. I find it kinda amusing you had made the same introductory post twice, only separated by 8 years.

Oh my god that's great, I didn't even realize that!

At least I'm consistent, right?

Fake edit: is it more normal for the board to be more expensive than the stones, or vice versa?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Pander - just sent you an online-go challenge! Prepare to beat me so badly that you might even be embarrassed...

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Hoping somebody can help me out here: I just 'completed' Tsumego Pro's 2nd easy challenge of the day but... I don't really know why it's finished?

I mean I think the point was just to keep Black's pieces alive by creating at least two eyes but honestly I have no idea.

Played my first 19x19 game on my brand new board last night though, was fun as gently caress(especially cause I won).

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

mycophobia posted:

You got it

:ocelot:

Is Tsumego worth the :10bux: to buy the upgraded version, by the way?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I go on-call tomorrow so I won't be able to drink, but I'll do plenty of marijuanas and play with folks almost any night this week, OGS/KGS!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I'll probably be balling on some OGS later tonight since I've only really been doing tsumego recently, if anybody wants to school me drop me a line!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Overwined posted:

But then you gotta beat them with the table and you'll get blood all over your floors. Too messy for me. I just resign after move #2.

If anyone even asks me to play Go I just tell them, "I resign."

One day I'll make it to move 2...!