Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
How long does the typical game last?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Decided that I want to pick this up. Even going through the simple tutorials I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around it so I'm preparing myself to lose lots and lots of games before anything clicks.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really want to find a new hobby that I can feel good about sinking my time into unlike playing another horrid video game for way too much time.

I've tried Go before but I get so neurotic about being lovely at things and feel like I'm wasting time of people that are trying to teach me to play.

Can someone tell me I'm a beautiful flower while I go through these drat tutorials again and learn how the hell I'm supposed to play.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Prince Reggie K posted:

I'm pretty bad and very out of practice we can play together.

This sounds like a great idea to me. Are you on KGS or is there another way that you prefer to play?

Also, a question for the rest of the thread, is there a good supplier for a decent goban and stones? I'm trying to convince some friends to learn with me and would like to have a decent set. Price isn't a huge issue as long as it's decent quality.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
I too would like an invite to Nova. Username is belt

Thanks!

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't log into Nova.gs any more for some reason so sorry to those that I was playing. I guess my account was deleted or something :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thanks Robo, the admins contacted me and pointed out that I'm pretty much a giant idiot, haha.

I wish I could get the game back with Wheeler that I automatically forfeited.